OSTIE is offline Senior Member

Another macro breakdown question...

Just tryin to be as exact as possible for total food intake. I forget the macro break down rule for total caloric intake.

I know you take your total grams of protein and multiply this by 4, then add it to total carbs multiplied by WHAT, then add this new total to total fats multiplied by WHAT?

For instance, after i eat my next meal in about 45min, i will be at 267.5grams of protein, 70 grams of fat, and 60.2 grams of carbs for the day. How would i go about figuring out total caloric intake and then the percentage breakdown?

Thanks,

-ost
    Last edited by OSTIE; 04-07-2004 at 06:36 PM.

Speed Trials is offline Junior Member
    Carbs x 4, fats x 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Trials
    Carbs x 4, fats x 9.
    Thanks

So by my calculations, i have consumed 1070.8cal from protein, 630cal from fat, and 240.8cal from carbs, which totals 1900.8 calories with still another pro/fat meal to put under my belt before the days end. By as this stands now, does this macro breakdown look OK for a cutting diet? Is the fat too high?

Thanks

-ost

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You'll have to experiment w/your amounts for sure. I don't even see your stats listed..........

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You'll have to experiment w/your amounts for sure. I don't even see your stats listed..........

~SC~
    If by stats u mean age/height/weight...
    6'2.5
    203lbs

As you can see, my height to weight ratio insinuates my muscle mass is low. I weighed ALOT in highschool. Lost alot of weight in a very very poor way by the end of my senior year. Maintained that weight for awhile. Now after alot more research, ive recently started a more serious natural cutting cycle(before i try packin on muscle) involving a much better diet, cardio, and now lifting so i dont burn all muscle and become even more skinny/fat.
    Ive been cutting since mid to late january. I started at 225lbs. Ive also been monitoring progress with a dig. camera. Now that i am gettin to a lower weight, and it will be gettin harder to shed these last pounds so im tryin to re-evaluate my diet to make the most of it.

-ost

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    There are no marcro breakdown "rules", only theories.

Thread Information