docflock is offline New Member

Question PWO nutrition after AM AND PM workouts?

If you split you're workout into AM and PM workouts (i.e. chest in morning and triceps/abs in evening) can you consume a shake with dextrose both times. I'm currently cutting and I was planning to have a shake of 40 g whey/40 g dextrose after each workout (as opposed to one shake of 40 g whey, 80 g dextrose if I had one workout). Is this ok?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are cutting, I'd highly advise you DON'T train twice a day, that's for sure. When are you doing cardio, I don't see that anywhere? It's fine to do cardio a.m. and a workout p.m., yes, but two workouts in one day while you are cutting can really lead to over-training, lethargy, and no progess at all.

Better off hittin' tri's w/chest while you are there, and get out and REST/RECOVER/CHILL. You require far more pwo nutrition for chest than you do for small parts like tris/abs.........you also aren't taking into account the 2nd pwo meal that usually comes after the first one, but perhaps that's not in your scheme of meals/timing/etc.

Double shots of sugar, even pwo, are not a good idea while cutting, no. Just my take on it, you'll have to see how you come out looking!

~SC~

I am doing cardio first thing on the morning on an empty stomach.

As for for the two workouts, this is not a long term thing. I'm starting a new job in 10 days and wanted to anhiliate myself for a short period to shock my body - but you make a valid point. Also, I rest 2-3 minutes between sets because I lift heavy (4-10 rep range). Doing Chest and Tris together makes the workout last over 1.5 h, I'm worried about cortisol getting too high.

I might as well post my diet. My stats are 6', 195 (do not know bodyfat, will get it measured this week). I'm in week 3 of a cutter (100 mg prop ED, 75 mg fina ED). This cutter is after an 11 week bulk cycle (Sust EOD, Deca 400 mg/week, Dbol 50 mg ED W1-5).

1. 1/2 cup oatmeal
    8 oz. Egg Whites
    1-2 slice Kraft fat free cheese

2. 6-8 oz Chicken
    Salad
    1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
    tablespoon of grated romano cheese

3. Tuna
    1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil

4. 40 g whey
    tablespoon of flax

5. PWO
    40 g whey 40 g dextrose

6. PPWO
    1/2 cup cooked brown rice,
    6-8 oz. chicken
    tablespoon of barb sauce or salsa (for flavor)

7, 8: repeat 2, 3 or 4

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Looks good there!

~SC~

Thread Information