BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Eating fat instead of carbs later in the day

I usually will have my last two meals of the day without any carbs and a protein/fat combo. My question is, what should these protein fat meals look like and is this a good thing to do?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, prevents you from spiking slin and storing any carbs not utilized for fuel, as fat.
    As far as ratios, this is dependent upon your calorie total for the other meals, but more importantly the macro breakdowns from those as well.

~SC~

Im getting 4000 calories between 6 meals....should i divide all up equally. That is, 4000/6 per meal and maintain those calories for the last two meals. So at about 660 calories a meal with 50gms protien that leaves 460 calories from fat which seems a lot.

Check out the stickies atop the page for constructing lean mass and/or cutting diets!
    Very helpful information there to get you started.

~SC~

I will be on a bulker and i dont mind putting on a small amount of fat but i still want it to be minimal. I will check out the lean mass diets and see what they look like. If you can think of anything else to help, that would be great. Thanks for your help thus far!!

I took a look around before also and it seems that a lot of people will still eat good carbs later on in the evening and even before bed. It seems that goes against a lot of what i have be told...what is the verdict???

That is only because there is activity being performed (weight training) that demands one eat those nutrients at that time.

~SC~

Thread Information