Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member

diet 5 days on / 2 days off

I have started dieting down by using Swolecats parameters. (which have worked great by the way) but only Mon-Fri. On Sat & Sun I go back to a DoggCrapp style of eating (aka: eat anything but wash it down w/ a protein shake). I have done the DC style before and yes up to 287lbs @ 5'10" ...but miserable feeling. What has been happening is by alternating these two by the end of the week I'm weighing about 235lbs.... by the end of the weekend about 250+ lbs... then the weight just sheds off as the week wears on. My question is do you think the flux in bodyweight to much stress on my system? My thought is to keep my metabolism guessing by the caloric flux during the weekend... My bodyfat started around 15% and I'm down to 11%-12% within 3 weeks which my rule of thumb is lose around 1% BF / week. Any feedback on this would be great.... Do you think I should just do cheat meals or stay with the cheat days....

thanx-
    ben

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If it's working for you then keep doing it. I'm not going to address the style of eating you are doing on the weekend due to past occurrences here, but I will say if your goal is to CUT, then having ONE cheat day (mild one) on either Sat/Sun would serve you far bettter than "eat anything and wash it down w/a protein shake", as sooner or later, that luxury ain't gonna work anymore. Realize also that you are storing/letting go of lots of water w/these periods, so the actual fat loss is very little. You'd see more by limiting your food fest on the weekends, but as I stated to open up with, to each his own if it's working for you.

~SC~

Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member
    SC,

Thanks for the response. I see your point with the weekend eating style... I saw THAT thread...

My goal is to CUT which I have not done in about 4 years. I have followed your basic formula which is working great and I will scale back and do a mild 24 hours of cheating... not the whole weekend. I will most likely back it out to every 2 weeks, then maybe 3 and so on...

Thanx again for your help-
    ben

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    My guess is you will progress a whole h*ll of a lot faster!

~SC~

wildbill5252 is offline Associate Member
    Swole Cat do you have a link for the details of your cutting diet bro...

Thread Information