Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Kamel407 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    105

    Question What is the nutritional information for Dextrose?

    Can someone give the nutritional facts for Dextrose?

    I bought 6lbs of it but no info

    1/2 cup Dextrose 1/2 cup Whey

    I think Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate is 45g protein for 1/2 cup.
    Last edited by Kamel407; 04-13-2004 at 07:17 AM.

  2. #2
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    1/2 cup is 75 grams of carbs.

    ~SC~

  3. #3
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamel407
    Can someone give the nutritional facts for Dextrose?

    I bought 6lbs of it but no info

    Since I am just starting out I plan to go 1:1 Wheyex
    50gm scoop Whey 50gm scoop Dex

    I think Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate is 45g protein for 50g scoop.

    50 G dex= 50g carbs. 50g dex + 50g whey = 45g protein, 50 carb

    Spoon

  4. #4
    HiFi's Avatar
    HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    331
    u know that 2 scoops using the optimum scooper = 1/2 cup or 75 grams like swolecat said. this makes it easy to measure

  5. #5
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFi
    u know that 2 scoops using the optimum scooper = 1/2 cup or 75 grams like swolecat said. this makes it easy to measure
    Hey thats pretty useful info! never knew that bro thanks! i'd have to weigh my dex manualy and its a @#$%&!

    Spoon

  6. #6
    Kamel407 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    105

    Cool Ratio

    1/2 cup of Dextrose = 75g carbs
    1/2 cup of ONWhey = 45g protein

    5:3 ratio

  7. #7
    Kamel407 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    105

    Unhappy Ok now I am confused

    I went to http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking...surements.html to get dry measurement conversions.

    Here is the conversion chart for: Dry Measure Equivalents

    3 teaspoons 1 tablespoon 1/2 ounce 14.3 grams
    2 tablespoons 1/8 cup 1 ounce 28.3 grams
    4 tablespoons 1/4 cup 2 ounces 56.7 grams
    5 1/3 tablespoons 1/3 cup 2.6 ounces 75.6 grams
    8 tablespoons 1/2 cup 4 ounces 113.4 grams
    12 tablespoons 3/4 cup 6 ounces .375 pound
    32 tablespoons 2 cups 16 ounces 1 pound

    If this is the case, then the scoop that comes with the ON Whey 5lb is very confusing. A heaping scoop from the ON = 1/2 cup. However, on the Nutritional Facts it says 1 scoop = 29.4 grams and 5lbs = 77 servings.

    Dextrose has been covered. 1/2 cup = 75 grams carbs
    This would mean that for ON 1/2 cup = 25 grams protein

    If I am to do "2:1 for Dextrose:Whey" shouldn't I do "1 scoop Dextrose: 1/2 scoop ON Whey" This would be 75 carbs and 12.5 protein

  8. #8
    usualsuspect's Avatar
    usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamel407
    If I am to do "2:1 for Dextrose:Whey" shouldn't I do "1 scoop Dextrose: 1/2 scoop ON Whey" This would be 75 carbs and 12.5 protein
    2:1 Carb to Protein Ratio

    75 grams of carbs=37.5 grams of protein

  9. #9
    HiFi's Avatar
    HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    331
    test it urself, take two scoops of dextrose with the ON scooper, put it in a measuring cup, it comes to 1/2 cup. or 75grams of carbs.

  10. #10
    Kamel407 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    105

    I just measured again

    1 Scoop from the ON 5lb = 85% of 1/2cup
    1 Heaping Scoop = 1/2 cup

    On the bottom of my scooper it says 70cc

    What does your say?

  11. #11
    HiFi's Avatar
    HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamel407
    1 Scoop from the ON 5lb = 85% of 1/2cup
    1 Heaping Scoop = 1/2 cup

    On the bottom of my scooper it says 70cc

    What does your say?

    well my scoop is from a 10lb bag but im positive its the same. i fill it up and i level off the top. i thought thats the correct way to measure it? so if you do it my way, 2 scoops = almost 1/2 cup.

  12. #12
    Kamel407 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    105

    Cool No Worries!

    Forget all my hogwash. I finally had the blindfold lifted. Very simple to be honest.

    Thanks to everyone for their input, I'll compile it here.

    PWO Shake
    2:1 Ratio Carbs:Protein
    1/2 cup Dextrose = 75g Carbohydrates
    Just under 1.75 Servings of Whey (22g standard) = 37.5g Protein

    75g carb : 37.5g Pro = 2:1 Ratio

    Forget about the size of the scoop just the amount of protein in each serving.

    Now my next question is, with the 2:1 ratio what amount of dextrose do you add to your PWO Shake? 75g? 100g? 125g? 150g? etc etc

  13. #13
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamel407
    Forget all my hogwash. I finally had the blindfold lifted. Very simple to be honest.

    Thanks to everyone for their input, I'll compile it here.

    PWO Shake
    2:1 Ratio Carbs:Protein
    1/2 cup Dextrose = 75g Carbohydrates
    Just under 1.75 Servings of Whey (22g standard) = 37.5g Protein

    75g carb : 37.5g Pro = 2:1 Ratio

    Forget about the size of the scoop just the amount of protein in each serving.

    Now my next question is, with the 2:1 ratio what amount of dextrose do you add to your PWO Shake? 75g? 100g? 125g? 150g? etc etc
    well if its 2:1 then its double in grams w/e your protein intake is.

  14. #14
    Kamel407 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    105

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by daman1
    well if its 2:1 then its double in grams w/e your protein intake is.

    <<<Alright, I normally intake 50g protein each time, I was just worried that 100g from dextrose might be too much.>>> STRIKE THIS - It seem I will have to re-read the "how to cut" sticky every week, as the recent posts in that thread answered this question (thanks SwoleCat).
    Last edited by Kamel407; 04-15-2004 at 04:38 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •