Thread: impact carbs

jag2345 is offline Junior Member

impact carbs

I have been doing the low carb think for about 3 months now i have seen great results I am starting my first cycle and need help on my carb intake I know I have to up my carbs but to what degree???? Also what carbs are best im assuming impact carbs but where can I find a list of what carbs are impact??? HELP PLEASE

hugesunglasses is offline New Member
    some of the best carbs are in the form of whole oats (not instant oatmeal), brown (long grain) rice, & yams. try and stay away from anything that contains sugar and/or white flour.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why do you think you have to "up your carbs" just because you are going on cycle?

~SC~

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugesunglasses
    some of the best carbs are in the form of whole oats (not instant oatmeal), brown (long grain) rice, & yams. try and stay away from anything that contains sugar and/or white flour.
    Just curious why you couldnt consider natural(regular unflavored) instant oatmeal in that group?

-ost

jag2345 is offline Junior Member
    every where i have read says you need carbs to gain size......you tellme swole you have forgot more than i will ever know

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Carbs do help to give you energy (for endurance work) and restore muscle glycogen, yes, but as far as directly getting you "bigger", well, no. Aside from each molecule of carbs holding 3 parts water, and the ability to store excess carbs as fat, there really is no other way that carbs make you "bigger". They do have the ability to be used for energy while protein is used for repair, yes, but eating a boatload thinking it's going to get you all buff is a mis-conception. It'll actually make you quite chunky!

~SC~

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Can someone following a "bulk keto" (5K cals of protein and fat) put on just as much muscle as someone following a 5K calorie diet of carbs, protein, and fat (taken in the right proportions)?

My answer is the second person eating carbs will put on more muscle than the first person who had no carbs in their diet. Carbs are absolutely essential for putting on size and getting "bigger." Its the amount, the selection, and the timing of carbs that will determine whether "bigger" translates into fatter or more muscular.

Thread Information