J-Bud is offline Associate Member

Question Am I alone on this??

OK here is the deal. For some reason my mother never made me eat anything I did not want to (cool then kinda sucks now). So my problem is this. I am a VERY picky eater. Basically for veggies I can eat Potatoes, corn, and thats about it. Fruit is apples, bananas, pears, grapes and that almost covers it. I also don't eat any condiments for the most part other than butter, salt, and cheese/bacon .

SO what I am wondering is can I get what I am missing from multivitamins, or meal replacement drinks? Is it enough? Honestly I have tried to eat the veggies and things and I usually gag .

Thanks

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Good question I myself is no fan of veggies but I usualy force them down and nowdays I dont mind veggies anymore(but there is still veggies I cant stand).

askingforit is offline Junior Member
    I think it's probably better to get some veggies in your diet than to soley rely on an MRP or Multi-vit. You should be taking those on top of eating veggies IMO. If I were you I would just take it slow with small portions and try veggies in different ways, with toppings, stir fry, etc. Until you begin to enjoy some of them more.

super 88 is offline New Member
    Being vegetarian I'm a little partial ,but I dont think pills or powders replace whole foods.
    Take it slow and introduce 1 new thing a month, preferably by someone who knows how to cook said veggie.
    There's a whole world out there to taste.

Heh you know its really odd, I can stick my self in the ass with a 1.5" needle but I cannot eat a damn greenbean!!

Ok, so whats the best veggie out there? Is there one? I might as well start at the top and work backwards

super 88 is offline New Member
    portabella mushroom caps,they can be used like a burger. A little garlic and olive oil cook them like a burger patty. They have a ''meaty'' texture and absorb the flavor of what ever you cook them with.
    Or saute collard greens and/or fresh,spinach throw in egg whites and low fat cheese. Wrap it up in a burrito, throw in some salsa,presto.Good protein content,iron and other vitamins that your body needs.
    It's how I stay 6''2 and 250 lb

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Personally, I haven't consistantly eaten veggies ... well, ever. I hate them. The way I look at it, and maybe I'm just nieve, micro-nutrients are good for preventing cancer. I eat protein, carbs, and fat in every solid food meal. Veggies are rare. They take up valuable room for protein! Haha, I'll probably die at 50 from some form of cancer, but if its green, I'm not eating it.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    If you are taking a high potency multi vitaomin (and I stree high potency), it will probable give you what you need in terms of viamins and minerals. It will not give you protien, carbs, or fat. So, if cosumption of those three things is in the proportion you want, the multi may work fine.

Other thing you may be missing out on is fiber, which is considered by most (but not me (cause I have my own theorys) to be important as well. If you are not getting enough fibre you will know it.

I take 2 of the GNC multi's for men daily...You think thats enough of should I up it to 3 or 4 a day?? I will try some of the things listed above but who knows what will happen .

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

LMAO

Originally posted by J-Bud
    Heh you know its really odd, I can stick my self in the ass with a 1.5" needle but I cannot eat a damn greenbean!!
    Now that's funny. Coming from the South that is about all i ver had to eat was vegetables. I can't imagine a meal with out yhem to be honest.
    To answer your questions you can get enough nutrients from multi-vitamins however you will not be getting the reguired calories that you need to make any lean muscle mass gains. You have a foundness for potatoes and corn which in them selves are not that bad, however they are both starches and are high in carbohydrates which when taken in large amounts can turn into BF.
    IC

beenie is offline Senior Member
    If its the mega-men product from GNC, that's a pretty good choice. Take the recommended amount (I think mega-men is pretty high potency in the first place) of that and it will solve any food deficency probs. If you work out intensely, you can consider suplementing minerals throught the day as well as B complex and C.

Thread Information