beenie is offline Senior Member

Low carb - low fat

I make this post in the interest of science:

I made a post here a few weeks ago, and took some advice. At the time I had been on a virtually carb free diet for over two years. My body fat was pretty low around 14% give or take, I was doing LOTS of cardio (about 10 hours a week). Someone suggested that I reduce my fat intake.

Figuring it was worth a shot, I did, and the effects I got were scary. In about 10 days I dropped over 10 lbs, both muscle andf fat. I got really scared it was coming off too quickly and dropped the cardio down to 30 min 4x and started eating a limited amount of carbs. The good news is that I stablized my weight and added a couple pounds back and my bf% was tested at <10%, something which, if true, I have never been able to achieve before. Although my muscle mass looks smaller than before, I have just come off of the two stongest workouts I have ever had (on or off a cycle and I have not been on one in a while).

What's it all mean? I am not sure. One thing is for certain, if you want to lose weight really fast, I know how to do it. Unfortunately, it didn't really discrimate between muscle and fat. Kind of a drug free T-3 effect.
    Last edited by beenie; 02-07-2002 at 11:54 AM.

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Good thing you are learning about it now beenie. You are still young and have plenty of time to improve.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    how much did you reduce your fat intake??

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I reduced it very low, not sure of the grams. The only fat I was taking in was from lean steak and skinless chicken.

I have since gotten some of my wekght back and I look a lot closer to where I want to be at this point. I am going to start trying to bult more in a couple weeks, so the goal was to reduce my bf% 2 as low as I could before starting. It went up last time when I started to try to bulk.

Thread Information