Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbarker View Post
    Who uses the needle six times???? Just make sure you stick it in fast, firm and straight.
    you do know this thread is from 2001, right?

Bobbarker is offline New Member
    Yeah, noticed that fact after I posted. But people might still read it. (e.g. your comment.)

pump.joe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbarker View Post
    Yeah, noticed that fact after I posted. But people might still read it. (e.g. your comment.)
    Yeah, I'm glad you bumped it, or I would have never seen it. Good info.

meathead320 is offline Member
    Ohh come on! Just buy more needles. They are cheap. I know there is a link to the pins here somewhere if I can find it. There is one for syringes too. I just forget where the links are.. Damn!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    .. buy a .06$ pin or... save that 6 cents and chance infection?
    FVCK IT.. i can buy a candybar if i for go 15pins!~

pump.joe is offline Associate Member
    lol Tai Why not go for 30 pins for the big mac?

D-Unit 39 is offline Member
    Silly question... do you want to bottom out the needle? (Stick it all the way in) or leave a little bit still sticking out before you get to the bottom of the syringe?

I assume thats why you have different length needles so you can just "poke" it in with one quick motion and not worry about how far it goes?

i used one needle to draw it out all through my cycle, i think it was like a 30gauge it was huge, made the juice come out better. then i would switch back to the normal size witch i threw away after every use.

ReggyD is offline Junior Member
    I used to switch needles everytime. Then I decided to use the same pin that I sucked it with...and noticed absolutely no difference. Lot faster, and cheaper to use the same one.

I will replace the pin if I hit the side of the vial though.

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ptbyjason View Post
    I found a picture for you ealier showing the burr that is created after an injection, but I lost it. I have a picture (not a close up) of what happens to the needle after a couple of injections.

I also found a website while I was surfing that everyone might find interesting. Needle-free Injections. The link is to the intramuscular one, but you can find all kinds of info about it at the homesite... www.bioject.com .
    holy crap! what did they inject that needle into, the bone?!? lol

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    I use two pins always just to avoid burs...but my wife is a RN so i have no problem with the injections lol !

bernimx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Unit 39 View Post
    Silly question... do you want to bottom out the needle? (Stick it all the way in) or leave a little bit still sticking out before you get to the bottom of the syringe?

I assume thats why you have different length needles so you can just "poke" it in with one quick motion and not worry about how far it goes?
    i'm curious also since I have never injected so far.

bump

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bernimx View Post
    i'm curious also since I have never injected so far.

bump
    no, you always want to be able to see just a tiny bit of the needle. i would never go all the way to the plastic.

and ppl, please stop saying "suck out the juice". it's called DRAWING UP. you draw up a medication in a syringe.

also, to the guy that used the same pin to draw for a full cycle...what do you think grows on that pin when it sits in your medicine cabinet? THAT is dangerous. Now drawing up and then injecting with the same needle isn't going to introduce bacteria because your solution is sterile and you should have sterilized the top so it's all good.

Anyone ever had a nurse change out a needle after she draws up an injection? In our office we don't. The only times needles are ever used to just draw is if it's not going into a patient and then we use 18g to draw it up and then inject it into a piggyback or something like that.

BLWNBYU is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian30 View Post
    Okay SK, I am confused. what exactly do you mean? I think I understand and I will try to answer, but again, your question is kinda confusing.
    Okay if you are switching pins, after you pull your gear in, hold the needle down (I assume you are doing amps instead of vials).
    When you hold the needle down, your air pocket will be at the top of your gear. Draw back on the plunger real slow not to hard or you will find your gear all over the place. This will draw the gear into the tube itself and out of the needle. (now this will increase the air pocket, but it will get all of the gear out of the needle when you get ready to change it. You will loose some, but not that much if you do it this way.
    Turn the needle upside down, to make the air pocket be closer to the needle. Change out your pin. the next step is to get that air pocket and air bubbles out of your gear.
    Hold the needle upside down, then start SLOWLY pushing the air pocket. If you go slow enough and do it right, you will hardly loose any gear. Also with a little practice, you will be able to push the air pocket all the way up and out of the needle without spilling one drop of gear. Good luck, hope this answers your question, and sorry for being soo long.
    EXCELLENT POST.. My new g/f is a nurse, but I don't think I want her to know that I'm taking aas..

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    agree good bump, I just pulled out of 2 vials with my last needle and was thinking of reusing, now I'm gonna go to walgreens and get more needles

AverageGymRat is offline New Member
    Amp - 1 needle is enough
    Vial - 2 needles usually recommended because of the dulling of the needle but imho, you can do it with one as well.

My favorite technique (if you have some extra few bucks) is to draw with 18g and inject with 25g. Fast, easy, hygienic, and painless!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageGymRat View Post
    Amp - 1 needle is enough
    Vial - 2 needles usually recommended because of the dulling of the needle but imho, you can do it with one as well.

My favorite technique (if you have some extra few bucks) is to draw with 18g and inject with 25g. Fast, easy, hygienic, and painless!
    stop bumping old threads dude..I know your trying to be helpful but this thread was started in 2001 and last replyed to in 08'...just saying bro...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information