Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CYCLEON Guest

Clomid Facts and Questions Answered!

POSTED BY THE IRON GAME

Clomid: Frequently Asked Questions

Something I put together that may help some of the new comers out there as well as some of the more experienced.

Question: What is Clomid?

Answer: Clomid is a synthetic estrogen and is generally prescribed by doctors to trigger ovulation in females.

Question: Why Should Bodybuilders use Clomid?

Answer: Almost all anabolic androgenic steroids will cause an inhibition of the bodies own testosterone production. When he comes off the steroids he has no natural test production and no more steroids. The body is left in a state of catabolism (catabolic hormones are high and anabolic hormones are low) and as a result much of the muscle tissue that was gained on the cycle is now going to be lost. Clomid stimulates the hypophysis to release more gonadotropin so that a faster and higher release of follicle stimulating hormone aud luteinizing hormone occurs. This results in an increase of the body's own testosterone production.

Question: Does Clomid also work as an anti estrogen?

Answer: Clomid is a synthetic estrogen, however it does also work as an anti-estrogen. How does it work? Because it is a weak synthetic estrogen, it will bind to the estrogen receptor (ER) and not cause any problems. At the same time the increase in estrogen from steroids are blocked from attaching to the ER.

Question: How effective is Clomid as an anti-estrogen?

Answer: It is very weak and should not be relied upon if you are going to be using steroids that aromatise at any rapid rate, or if you are pre disposed to gyno. Arimidex , Proviron and Nolvadex will all make better choices for this purpose.

Question: Some say Clomid during a cycle is a waste, is this true?

Answer: Lets first examine what happens when someone is using anabaolic androgenic steroids. When the level of androgens in the body get too high, the androgen receptor becomes more highly activated, and the hypothalamus stops sending a signal to the pituitary. In short the signal tells our body to stop producing testosterone. During a cycle the body has higher levels than normal of androgens and as long as this level is high enough clomid will not help to keep natural test production up. It will be almost all but completely shut off. The only purpose of clomid during a cycle is as an anti-estrogen.

Question: When do I start Clomid? Some say 2 weeks others 3.

Answer: When you start using your clomid all depends on what steroids you were using during your cycle. Different steroids have different half lifes and you should adjust your clomid intake accordingly. As we have seen above, if we take clomid when the androgen levels in our body is still high it will be a waste. We need to wait for androgen levels to fall before implementing our clomid therapy. However if we take it too late we could possibly lose gains. Look at the list below to determine when you should start clomid therapy. By selecting from the list all the steroids you used in your cycle and which ever one has the latest starting point then go with that. For example if I cycled dbol , sustanon and winstrol I would use sustanon as it remains active in the body for the longest period of time.

Anadrol /Anapolan: 8 - 12 hours after last administration
    Deca : 3 weeks after last injection and clomid for 4 weeks
    Dianabol : 4 – 8 hours after last administration
    Equipoise : 17 – 21 days after last injection
    Fina: 3 days after last injection
    Primobolan depot: 10 – 14 days after last injection
    Sustanon: 3 weeks after last injection
    Testosterone Cypionate : 2 weeks after last injection
    Testosterone Enanthate : 2 weeks after last injection
    Testosterone Propionate : 3 days after last injection
    Testosterone Suspension : 4 – 8 hours after last administration
    Winstrol: 8 – 12 hours after last administration

Question: What is the most effective way for Clomid therapy.

Answer: Clomid has a long half life and as such there is no need to split up doses throughout the day. I read some where that it was 5 days (any feedback on this). Now if we used sustanon and we start using clomid 3 weeks after our last injection we anticipate that androgen levels are low enough to start sending the correct signals. If androgen levels are still a little high then the normal 50mgs/day of clomid for 1 week is not going to be effective. We need to start at a high enough amount that will work or help even if androgen levels are still a little high. 300mgs on day 1. I know I said don’t split it up due to its long half life but try and split this up 2 tabs 3 times a day. After we have finished this first day we seek to use 100mgs for 10 days and then followed by 50mgs for 10 days.

Question: Do I need to use Clomid for 3 weeks?

Answer: Why don’t you want too? It is very cheap, very effective and can mean the difference between maintaining gains and losing them.

Question: How cheap is Clomid?

Answer: Clomid normally comes in 50mg tablets but also comes in capsule form of 25mgs. A 50mg tablet can be anywhere between 25 cents and $2.50. (15 pence and 75 pence in England).

Question: Do all steroids cause shut down of the hpta.

Answer: Not all steroids do. Everyone is different and you must also take into account how long you have been using a certain steroid and at what dose in order to determine if you need clomid or not. However as the price is so cheap, why risk not using it.

Peace
    The Iron Game

Mike Guest
    Hey silly silly boy............thats a great post.....hell it was great when he first posted it......IN FACT......if you ever took the fucking time to hit the link in my signature as many fucking times as you must have seen it you would see that that post still survives and should be read by anyone thats willing to put the fucking time into hitting the link in my posts! Hahahahaaaaaahhahahahahahaha!

CYCLEON Guest
    if you ever took the fucking time to hit the link in my signature as many fucking times as you must have seen it you would see that that post still survives and should be read by anyone thats willing to put the fucking time into hitting the link in my posts!
    now why would I want to do that?? is there something there I should read

The Iron Game Guest
    Cycleon 2 months ago you asked me to make it crispier today was the day that I was gonna do it and then post it here but now I think ill pass

You saved me some time, thanks

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Good post it sums it up well.........bump

Billy

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Fuck me why did I bother answering that last post it was here all along, however, I did put in some HCG stuff so it wasn't a total waste.

We should try and keep some of these at the top and re-post if people aren't using the links.

Hey maybe I should bring back Yoda's Stack and the My Diary I hate to things you guys are missing out on my creative writings, shit if you are no panic I do a post cycle journal.........How not to kill yourself when coming off. LOL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHII IIIIIIIIHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTtttttttt.

Just cos I felt like it

BA

As much as I like you and respect you Big Al

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SUBJECT ME TO THE TORRID WORKS YOU CALL YOU,RE CREATIVE WRITINGS FOR I,AM ONLY A MERE MORTAL AND THEY WILL INDUCE A SLEEP THAT ONLY AN INMORTAL BEING COULD SURVIVE

IT IS TORTURE AND YOU ARE A WICKED , EVIL PERSON FOR EVEN SUGGESTING IT

No go ahead bro you know I,m only joking and I enjoy a good read makes me look busy

Let the writing begin!!

Billy

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Cheeky Fucker!

BA

My pleasure bro!!

Billy

CYCLEON Guest
    Cycleon 2 months ago you asked me to make it crispier today was the day that I was gonna do it and then post it here but now I think ill pass
    All kiding aside IG - you really should do a rework - This is a major, high quality post and Ive seen pieces of it on a few boards now. Every other newbie (and even some vets) asks questions on Clomid use. Get around to it, I know its hard but look at what else youve gained info wise since the origional and give it an edit, elaborate on some areas.

Please do cause your gonna see this one or pieces of it around for a looooonnnnnngggggg time i think - it really was/is a great post.

Mike Guest
    yeah I will bump that - thanks for putting the time into it IG

The Iron Game Guest
    Originally posted by CYCLEON

I know its hard but look at what else youve gained info wise since the origional and give it an edit, elaborate on some areas.
    what else I learnt? how to put up with ya bitchin

seriously it is going to be long, I am going to be including the exact day clomid therapy should be started after x amount of steroid was used for x number of weeks.

ptbyjason Guest
    I can't believe you guys. I spend all this time creating a web page with all of the old important posts. I spend even more time makint it easy to find all of the old post in my sig, and not even the mods use it.

And Big Al, you know I have already put Yoda's Stack on my page and in my sig. Please don't do that to us; I don't want to see that thing bumped for the next year and a half.

CYCLEON Guest
    thats because we cant read, jason

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    thank god. this post has been way over due.

B182 is offline New Member
    Nice post, I agree with everything except this:

It is very weak and should not be relied upon if you are going to be using steroids that aromatise at any rapid rate, or if you are pre disposed to gyno. Arimidex , Proviron and Nolvadex will all make better choices for this purpose.

I don't know how this belief came about and where it originated from. Maybe it's because clomid is cheap compared to nolvadex people thought this or something. Gram for gram, clomiphene citrate is a bit weaker than tamoxifen citrate. But tablet for tablet, they're about the same- 50g of clomiphene has about the same estrogen blocking power as 20mg nolvadex. Not only that, clomid will keep your loads thick and juicy during your cycle, and minimize testicle shrinkage...something nolva doesnt really help with.

Here's a statement by Bill Roberts about this (in regard to comparing clomid tabs vs nolvadex tabs):

Tamoxifen is the slightly more potent of the two though the majority of that is simply due to different systems of reporting the amount of drug. A "20 mg" Nolvadex tablet actually contains 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate and contains 20 mg of tamoxifen. A "50 mg" Clomid tablet contains 50 mg of clomiphene citrate and only 34 mg of clomiphene. In any case, "which is the more potent, having more effect per milligram" is not an important issue in drug choice except where a compound being considered is so low in potency that an adequate dose cannot be given, or sometimes where the high potency makes it difficult to supply the precise, tiny dosage needed. You just take the appopriate dose of the drug to get the effect desired, no matter whether that is 1 mg or 100 mg, provided that the amount can be absorbed and is practical.

In terms of effect on gyno 20 mg Nolvadex is approximately equal to 50 mg Clomid. In terms of improving LH it is markedly inferior.

CYCLEON Guest
    In terms of effect on gyno 20 mg Nolvadex is approximately equal to 50 mg Clomid. In terms of improving LH it is markedly inferior.
    well, thats the point - clomid is only good for post cycle recovery of normal testicular function IMO - gyno is best handled during the cycle with arimdex.

I wouldn't say" ONLY good for"...clomid is also an effective anti-estrogen, just as effective as tamoxifen citrate (in effective dosages) but having other benefits and being much cheaper-that's the point I'm trying to get across. And yes, I think arimidex is superior of the 3 compounds(for eliminating effects from estrogen in a cycle), that's not what I was debating, though.
    Last edited by B182; 09-24-2001 at 09:29 PM.

The Iron Game Guest
    Originally posted by B182
    Nice post, I agree with everything except this:

I don't know how this belief came about and where it originated from. Maybe it's because clomid is cheap compared to nolvadex people thought this or something. Gram for gram, clomiphene citrate is a bit weaker than tamoxifen citrate. But tablet for tablet, they're about the same- 50g of clomiphene has about the same estrogen blocking power as 20mg nolvadex. Not only that, clomid will keep your loads thick and juicy during your cycle, and minimize testicle shrinkage...something nolva doesnt really help with.

clomid will minimise testicle shrinkage during your cycle?

Iron Game: My last two statements were something based on personal experience. It might be a placebo effect...but it definately makes a big difference for me vs no clomid during my cycles.

HARISH is offline New Member

justalilguy is offline New Member
    bump it up again, everyone should be reading this post

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Great Post

B
    U
    M
    P

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Originally posted by GenuinePL
    Great Post

B
    U
    M
    P
    What he said

Originally posted by justalilguy
    bump it up again, everyone should be reading this post
    And him too

Boston is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb Re: Clomid Facts and Questions Answered!

POSTED BY THE IRON GAME

If androgen levels are still a little high then the normal 50mgs/day of clomid for 1 week is not going to be effective. We need to start at a high enough amount that will work or help even if androgen levels are still a little high. 300mgs on day 1. I know I said don’t split it up due to its long half life but try and split this up 2 tabs 3 times a day. After we have finished this first day we seek to use 100mgs for 10 days and then followed by 50mgs for 10 days.

The Iron Game
    http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...=&threadid=646

Very good stuff...

gonzo is offline New Member
    great post for anyone not familiar with clomid.(awesome)

JDBU is offline Junior Member
    Good post man lots of good information.

xplicit is offline Member
    Hey good post. I just learned about clomid from this site, and from what i read im glad i did as it seems very helpful. I jsut have a few questions:
    1)I am going to take winny so how much clomid should i take a week and how long ? I read take it 8 hours after your last dose of winny is taken but how long do i take it after that and how many days a week and how much a day ?
    2)Where do i get this from, can i get it in a pharmacy or my supplier ? I know this might sound dumb but i never heard of clomid before.
    3) Are the tabs better or the same as injections ( if htere is injections)
    4)Are there any bad side to Clomid?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Extremely helpful thread

Bravo thanks for posting it up here

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    up you go...

metzger66 is offline Associate Member
    Bump! Everyone read!!

metz

the next big thing is offline Junior Member
    intresting

ink
    ink is offline New Member
    this is all well and good but i hear so many different stories about clomid its hard to tell what is right and wot is not

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I have a question i have never really thought about...say u stop an injection week 10, u should run clomid 3 weeks after i know..BUTTTT..say someone wants to run winny real late in a cycle say like weeks 10-14..would you start clomid week 13 ( 3weeks after last injection) or wait till the end of winny and do it 8-12 hrs after that?

Brett3535 is offline New Member
    I am jammin 300mg of Deca pw and 300eq pw. will this cut me up or shoud I add something else guys. I have heard that the best cutting cycle of all time is a fina, test prop, and winny cycle. Is that true should I dump my deca and eq down the toilet or will I be satisfied.

web03 is offline Associate Member
    I'm by far not an expert about it, but i've read quite a bit about clomid and usually, as a rule of thumb, most people say take 100mg ed for 12 days obviously after the half life time has run out. What are you opinions about that?...web

hully is offline Junior Member

Re: Clomid Facts and Questions Answered!

POSTED BY THE IRON GAME

If I'm not a total moron, then what I'm getting out of this is that 3 days after my last shot I will start taking 50mg's of clomid ed for 3 weeks?

Clomid: Frequently Asked Questions

Something I put together that may help some of the new comers out there as well as some of the more experienced.

Question: What is Clomid?

Answer: Clomid is a synthetic estrogen and is generally prescribed by doctors to trigger ovulation in females.

Question: Why Should Bodybuilders use Clomid?

Answer: Almost all anabolic androgenic steroids will cause an inhibition of the bodies own testosterone production. When he comes off the steroids he has no natural test production and no more steroids. The body is left in a state of catabolism (catabolic hormones are high and anabolic hormones are low) and as a result much of the muscle tissue that was gained on the cycle is now going to be lost. Clomid stimulates the hypophysis to release more gonadotropin so that a faster and higher release of follicle stimulating hormone aud luteinizing hormone occurs. This results in an increase of the body's own testosterone production.

Question: Does Clomid also work as an anti estrogen?

Answer: Clomid is a synthetic estrogen, however it does also work as an anti-estrogen. How does it work? Because it is a weak synthetic estrogen, it will bind to the estrogen receptor (ER) and not cause any problems. At the same time the increase in estrogen from steroids are blocked from attaching to the ER.

Question: How effective is Clomid as an anti-estrogen?

Answer: It is very weak and should not be relied upon if you are going to be using steroids that aromatise at any rapid rate, or if you are pre disposed to gyno. Arimidex , Proviron and Nolvadex will all make better choices for this purpose.

Question: Some say Clomid during a cycle is a waste, is this true?

Answer: Lets first examine what happens when someone is using anabaolic androgenic steroids. When the level of androgens in the body get too high, the androgen receptor becomes more highly activated, and the hypothalamus stops sending a signal to the pituitary. In short the signal tells our body to stop producing testosterone. During a cycle the body has higher levels than normal of androgens and as long as this level is high enough clomid will not help to keep natural test production up. It will be almost all but completely shut off. The only purpose of clomid during a cycle is as an anti-estrogen.

Question: When do I start Clomid? Some say 2 weeks others 3.

Answer: When you start using your clomid all depends on what steroids you were using during your cycle. Different steroids have different half lifes and you should adjust your clomid intake accordingly. As we have seen above, if we take clomid when the androgen levels in our body is still high it will be a waste. We need to wait for androgen levels to fall before implementing our clomid therapy. However if we take it too late we could possibly lose gains. Look at the list below to determine when you should start clomid therapy. By selecting from the list all the steroids you used in your cycle and which ever one has the latest starting point then go with that. For example if I cycled dbol , sustanon and winstrol I would use sustanon as it remains active in the body for the longest period of time.

Anadrol /Anapolan: 8 - 12 hours after last administration
    Deca : 3 weeks after last injection and clomid for 4 weeks
    Dianabol : 4 – 8 hours after last administration
    Equipoise : 17 – 21 days after last injection
    Fina: 3 days after last injection
    Primobolan depot: 10 – 14 days after last injection
    Sustanon: 3 weeks after last injection
    Testosterone Cypionate : 2 weeks after last injection
    Testosterone Enanthate : 2 weeks after last injection
    Testosterone Propionate : 3 days after last injection
    Testosterone Suspension : 4 – 8 hours after last administration
    Winstrol: 8 – 12 hours after last administration

Question: What is the most effective way for Clomid therapy.

Answer: Clomid has a long half life and as such there is no need to split up doses throughout the day. I read some where that it was 5 days (any feedback on this). Now if we used sustanon and we start using clomid 3 weeks after our last injection we anticipate that androgen levels are low enough to start sending the correct signals. If androgen levels are still a little high then the normal 50mgs/day of clomid for 1 week is not going to be effective. We need to start at a high enough amount that will work or help even if androgen levels are still a little high. 300mgs on day 1. I know I said don’t split it up due to its long half life but try and split this up 2 tabs 3 times a day. After we have finished this first day we seek to use 100mgs for 10 days and then followed by 50mgs for 10 days.

Question: Do I need to use Clomid for 3 weeks?

Answer: Why don’t you want too? It is very cheap, very effective and can mean the difference between maintaining gains and losing them.

Question: How cheap is Clomid?

Answer: Clomid normally comes in 50mg tablets but also comes in capsule form of 25mgs. A 50mg tablet can be anywhere between 25 cents and $2.50. (15 pence and 75 pence in England).

Question: Do all steroids cause shut down of the hpta.

Answer: Not all steroids do. Everyone is different and you must also take into account how long you have been using a certain steroid and at what dose in order to determine if you need clomid or not. However as the price is so cheap, why risk not using it.

Peace
    The Iron Game

ICE CREAM MAN is offline New Member

test suspention

now why would I want to do that?? is there something there I should read

Hey there folks, I have never used Test suspention. And if any people that have used it and know how to use it have any good advise when using it LET ME KNOW

combolic is offline Junior Member
    Bump

speese is offline Junior Member
    any legal alternatives to clomid that are somewhat effective?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information