Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anavar FAQ - A great read.

layman is offline New Member
    bump excellent read!

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Man I'd stay away from clen ... It's just bad for the heart IMO... Tried it for three weeks following a thread that perfectbeast made... And to be Honest... I felt my heart not liking it, there is no past of any cardiac conditions in either side tracked up until my great grandparents... I'm very healthy and don't eat crap food,... Stick to ur cardio and diet...That is the most healthy-cost-effective way to lose fat.

U will win ur tournament by having good will, technique conditioning and a plan, not by having less fat( sure it helps to move easier )

As forthe gyno .. I have pubertal gyno and did var in april and didn't get anything... Did nolva just in case 20 mg Ed for 30 days

stay healthy

elpropiotorvic

Captain37 is offline Junior Member
    Awesome post!!

buriedlemons is offline New Member
    good info thanks

Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elpropiotorvic View Post
    Man I'd stay away from clen ... It's just bad for the heart IMO... Tried it for three weeks following a thread that perfectbeast made... And to be Honest... I felt my heart not liking it, there is no past of any cardiac conditions in either side tracked up until my great grandparents... I'm very healthy and don't eat crap food,... Stick to ur cardio and diet...That is the most healthy-cost-effective way to lose fat.

U will win ur tournament by having good will, technique conditioning and a plan, not by having less fat( sure it helps to move easier )

As forthe gyno .. I have pubertal gyno and did var in april and didn't get anything... Did nolva just in case 20 mg Ed for 30 days

stay healthy

elpropiotorvic
    Clen is the biggest sh*t I have ever had in my body. Pooh!

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

Quote Originally Posted by XBiker View Post
    Based on my personal experience, I wanted to update this post:

Is oxandrolone an effective bridge?

See "Does anavar supress your HPTA".

What is the highest recommended dose for bodybuilding purposes?

From my research, the consensus is that anything over 80mg shows extreme diminishing returns. Agreed, in fact I had great results @ 63 mg ed averaged.

Does oxandrolone supress your HPTA (natural testosterone production)?

Yes. Research shows as little as 2.5mg can supress in some folks. As far as the effects of this lowered test production, at 40mg a day, I would say that it's pretty much split evenly. Half of people will attest to loss of sex drive and testicular shrinkage late cycle, while about half attest that they retained sexual drive without any shrinkage. Bridging users be forewarned. Agreed, even though I am one of those who had no testicular shrinkage, no loss in sexual drive but a severe reduction in all the testosterone values.

Reference: (Effect of low dose oxandrolone and testosterone treatment on the pituitary-testicular and GH axes in boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty. Crowne EC, Wallace WH, Moore C, Mitchell R, Robertson WH, Holly JM, Shalet SM. )

Is clomid needed post cycle?

Yes. This should be apparent from the above question. You may find that 50mg/day for two weeks is enough however. Agreed, since after that my levels where even higher than before the cycle.

Oxandrolone and liver damage. What's the deal?

There is room for serious debate here. Oxandroline is 17-alpha-alkylated, so it's starting off on a bad foot. Oxandrolone has shown to cause liver values to sway outside of the "normal zone" for some posters (which may or may not indicate liver toxicity, this is debatable), however, the insert also states that oxandrolone can alter blood test results. I would treat this drug as liver toxic, supplimenting with a lot of ALA, Liver Detox, etc. However, this drug has also been used at 80mg/day to treat (and reverse!) liver damage in alcohol abusers. Hard to say what this means. My advice is to play it safe and treat it like any other 17aa oral. Agreed, too many times I read "it is not harsh on the liver", "pretty easy on the liver", that is just wrong.

Reference: (1: Am J Gastroenterol 1991 Sep;86(9):1200-8, A randomized, controlled trial of treatment of alcoholic hepatitis with parenteral nutrition and oxandrolone. I. Short-term effects on liver function. Bonkovsky HL, Fiellin DA, Smith GS, Slaker DP, Simon D, Galambos JT.)

Cholesterol? Heart attack time?

User experience seems to point to the fact that prolonged use does bring your good cholesterol down and your bad cholesterol up. Take your flax seed oil.

"Also, because oral steroids can decrease the "good" HDL cholesterol and increase the "bad" LDL cholesterol, oral steroids can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). If you use oral anabolic steroids consider taking 400 to 800 IU of Vitamin E, and 1,000 to 2,000 mg. of Vitamin C with each meal. These vitamin antioxidants help to protect cholesterol from the oxidation that is associated with CVD." Agreed, in my case a severe reduction of HDL was experienced after 18 days only.

(Oxandrin May Cause Liver Toxicity, by Michael Mooney (Original article in issue #7, October, 1998. Updated July, 2001)

Will grapefruit speed absorbtion?

Naringen present in grapefruit juice has shown to increase absorbtion of 17 alpha-ethinylestradiol (EE2), however, it is pure speculation as to its effects are similar in 17-alpha-alkylated substances. Hey, it cant hurt!

(Can grapefruit juice influence ethinylestradiol bioavailability? Author: Weber A; Jšager R; Bšorner A; Klinger G; Vollanth R; Matthey K; Balogh A)

What about the different brands of Oxandrolone floating around? What to choose?

** "10mg tabs" Street price: ~$.40/"10mg"

This product must be chewed says the "manufacturer". This product is underdosed, and of dubious purity and consistency. Lab results on a test done on another board showed the pills to contain a little over 4mg of oxandrolone.

BTG/SPA 2.5mg tabs. Street price: 1-2$ per pill.

Exceptional results can be obtained with this product using signifigantly lower doses (e.g. 25mg instead of 40mg). This can probobly be attributed to greater absorbtion via proprietary "delivery systems". Outstanding product if you can afford it.

Spanish Generic 10mg caps. Street price: $1/cap.

Nothing but positive feedback so far. Tested within pharm. margin of error (+-10%). Here are the results. These are great if you can still get them.

Percentage OX: 4.42%
    Percentage moisture: 2.1%

Total OX content: 9.55mg

(Credit goes to Fonz.)

Ttokkyo Labs. 5mg tabs. Street price: around 1.50 each.

Consistent, well dosed product. Does not seem to have the absorbtion or potency of the BTG/SPA product. Because of the extreme cost, I would never choose this over BTG or SPA except for availability issues.

Side effects?

Common side effects you should be prepared for: Appetite loss, stomach discomfort, increase skin "grease". I personally suffered extreme loss of appetite, but no stomach discomfort. Appetite came back in 1 week. Agreed, personally I experienced a severe loss of appetite for ten days at the beginning and some diarrhoea, as well as some yellow spots on my arm, no skin grease though.

Rarer side effects: acne

Overall, this is an extremely mild drug. You should experience virtually no side effects. Those you do experience will diminish over time.

As ulter once said "safer then baby food".

How long before it kicks in?

Individual thing. Varies on product line as well. BTG hits quickest, ** slowest if at all.

I noticed vascularity and hardness within 2-3 days with generics, and strength in 2.5 weeks. Huck saw strength in 3 days on BTG. Wait about 3 weeks for the full effect before you get dissapointed.

Vascularity and hardness will come quick, it's very nice. I had spiderweb viens on my pecs that I've never seen before in just 3 days on Ox. Agreed, in my case 11 days to feel the strength increase which kept raising till week 6.

What is this drug used for?

Involuntary weight loss. HIV, AIDS, burns etc. Liver treatment in severe alcohol induced liver damage.

What is the halflife of Ox?

~9 hours.

When should ox be dosed?

There are two camps.

Camp 1: Take it all in the morning. The rationale is that your blood concentrations will 'fall off' by the time you go to bed, which will limit HPTA impact during this crucial "recentering" time for your body.

Camp 2: Spread it out evenly through the day. This will keep blood concentrations steady. Plus, don't we want that nice anabolic substance in our veins during our growth at night?

My comments: With a halflife of 9 hours, this issue is virtually meaningless. Disagree, I had the possibility to recover by the end of my PCT, 3 weeks, because I left my system "clean" at dinner in order to have the less Oxandrolone running inside my body at night and this gave me a great help to recover after my cycle, since either LH and FSH were only partially affected (or anyway less affected then if I had split the dose throughout the day). So, running Oxandrolone by itself would require the Camp 3, IMO. The ideas used in "camp 1" apply well when you have a substance with a 3 hour halflife (dbol ), (e.g. if 30mg of dbol is taken at 9am, only about 1 miligram is left in your bloodstream by bedtime. great.) I don't think things pan out so well with a 9 hour halflife drug. If 40mg is taken at 9am, at bedtime you will have approximately 10mg or more in your bloodstream. You would have about 15 at bedtime if you took it 4 times evenly through the day. I don't think you are giving your body any dropoff at night anyway.

Conclusion: Take it whenever you want. Choose the camp you agree with and do it, things will work out.

Camp 3: Half at breakfast and half after lunch.

What gains can I expect?

Individual question. I've heard of folks with no gain in lbm, I've heard of a 15lb gain. It all depends on your diet, brand, etc. However, don't expect this to pack 3 times the punch of a sust/dbol cycle because it costs 3 times as much. . 19 Lbs was my case. Diet is the key.

This question is actually pretty silly, so I won't delve into it.
    You CAN expect hardness and vascularity.

How about doses for women?

Go scope out the Womens discussion. However, from the grape vine I've heard of dosages starting at 2.5mg/day ramping up to 10mg/day. I wouldn't recommend more. I know little about anabolics in women though. Don't use anything but BTG/SPA. The cost is so small with female dosages and the damage done to a women's body from counterfiets is far too great. Overmore, you can't dose small amounts accurately with 10mg caps/tabs.

How long is a typical Oxandrolone cycle?

Most tend to agree longer is better with Ox. 6 weeks seems to be the minimum, while 10 weeks is recommended and common. Over 10 weeks might be stressful on the ole' liver. I would say no more than 8 weeks.

Where can I get some?

Read the board rules ya jabroni!
    Good Luck and remember the addition of Mesterolone (Proviron) was a good move in my case.

AnimalJ is offline Associate Member
    Awesome post i was thinking of including var in my cycle, i need not think anymore. thanks for the info.

-Animal

flopaflush is offline New Member

80mg/day?

What is the highest recommended dose for bodybuilding purposes?

From my research, the consensus is that anything over 80mg shows extreme diminishing returns.
    So, does this mean 80mg/day? And are there tabs that are 25mg each?
    Last edited by flopaflush; 02-13-2010 at 01:10 PM.

bdogs79 is offline Junior Member
    Are there any known drug interactions with Clen + Var together? And is a Nolva/Clomid combo a better PCT option after Var, then just Clomid?

XLR8now is offline New Member
    bump that

fummins is offline Associate Member
    Great post, anyone monitor their BP while on Anavar , if so any changes?

sarasotafloridabrian is offline Associate Member
    Perfect post for me.

forestcall is offline New Member
    For the Clomid-

is the AR-R good for this need?
    -- Liquid Clomi 70mL 35mg/mL

Thanks

jdusty77 is offline New Member
    i have been using it for 3 weeks and im starting to harden up nice. Im having some serious lack of appetite and stomach discomfort. also aching bad at night but that could be from anything.
    also nearing the end of 500mg sus/week and 300 mg deca got up to 275 pds and feeling strong a hell

jim apple is offline Banned
    Will it hurt anything if you dont run it with test.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    just might throw some in my next cycle

forestcall is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fummins View Post
    Great post, anyone monitor their BP while on Anavar, if so any changes?
    I notice my BP went from 114/70 to 130/70
    But then I started taking stuff from iherb.com like MadreLabs, Now Foods, Green Vibrance, etc. for liver, cholesterol, and digestion and it shot down to 112/70 again :-)

Also when I started taking triple the dose of Digestive Enzymes about every 2 hrs I stopped having stomach issues.

What did you find?

Beautybee is offline New Member
    Great post, it answered a lot of questions for me!!!!

Just a quick question, you say women shouldn't take anymore than 10mg per day? Some one has advised me to take 30mg per day, is that too much?

Alex222542 is offline New Member
    Thanks! This answered alot of questions I had. I have been wanting to try anavar for awhile!

kyeclipseracer is offline New Member
    Still a lot of good info.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    In week 2 of 8 on BD 10mg 'Var @ 80mg ed solo cycle.
    Strength gains already noticable
    Intensity in gym already noticable
    Libido is above norm.
    Appetite lower than norm
    occaisional headaches
    tightness of upper body noticable
    piss a lot (might be the 2 gal. h2o i drink ed)
    noticable struggle with my cardio (lung capacity)

SOME OF THIS COULD SIMPLY BE MIND FUK CUZ I KNOW IM ON,BY NEXT WEEK IM SURE I WILL BE ABLE TO SEPERATE FACT FROM FICTION....KEEP YA POSTED W/ STATS SOON..

BrettVarvre is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    In week 2 of 8 on BD 10mg 'Var @ 80mg ed solo cycle.
    Strength gains already noticable
    Intensity in gym already noticable
    Libido is above norm.
    Appetite lower than norm
    occaisional headaches
    tightness of upper body noticable
    piss a lot (might be the 2 gal. h2o i drink ed)
    noticable struggle with my cardio (lung capacity)

SOME OF THIS COULD SIMPLY BE MIND FUK CUZ I KNOW IM ON,BY NEXT WEEK IM SURE I WILL BE ABLE TO SEPERATE FACT FROM FICTION....KEEP YA POSTED W/ STATS SOON..
    First off really thorough post thanks to the author

Second Sicko how did this work out for you I am planning on starting the same exact cycle soon for my first ever. I'm especially interested in the cardio impact I havent seen that mentioned before and like to run a lot.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    really?? this thread is almost 10 fuking years old. i'm certain that you'll have better luck getting answers by starting your own thread in the right section.

BrettVarvre is offline Junior Member
    sorry as you can see i'm new to this and was reading the educational threads first as per the instructions for beginners. I saw no reason to start an entire new thread to ask a question that I'm sure has been answered several times before. the post i was referring to is from sep. 2010 so i thought I might get some feedback. sorry.

joeylol is offline New Member
    Thank you! Answered alot of my questions.

deltacinco is offline New Member
    Awesome info, thanks. There is a lot of contradictory information here, but you backed yours with references and appeared to be objective in your presentation... ergo you have me swayed.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    I like clen

Barnett_56 is offline New Member
    This is very good information as I was looking into starting slow with something like this.

gethuge21 is offline New Member
    would anavar be better for leaning out then tren ?

longhorn1 is offline New Member
    starting my anavar only cycle with 10mg BD. should i chew or swallow? 30mg ed for 6-8 weeks. seems like taking clomid post cycle is a good idea. want to add qaulity muscle, but mainly keep what i have while cutting up. im 190lbs@ about 15% bf and would like to be 190 @9% bf. do not want to worry about hairloss or a major impact to my testicles.
    ive done all pre blood work(all good) and will supp with liver & choles pills. will also do booldwork in 1 month to dbl check levels. diet and cardio is in check and have been lifting for over 10 years

formerly is offline New Member
    About to start a cycle of anavar only. 30mg/ed. 5 weeks. No pct as none of my friends pct and they say its fine.

Finished my 3rd week (zero sides) and now going to 40mg/ed for 3 more weeks. 6 total.
    Last edited by formerly; 10-09-2011 at 06:25 AM.

hsvcraig is offline Associate Member
    That was a good read!

aronjrsmil is offline Associate Member
    if a person is younger ( say in their early 20's) do the side effects become more likely?

ark420 is offline New Member
    was looking into this, thanks bro.

junjo is offline New Member

Var s-drive side effect

trying to submit a question about my Var side effects, but the anti-spam stops me at every try. Ive tried taking out words I "think" might be doing it, but it doesnt really list banned words, so I dont know how to post my question?....

Doom44 is offline Member
    Nice post

livestrong74 is offline New Member
    Can't figure out where to post?

21 yo
    5'6
    15% bf
    My goal is to can as much muscle As humanly possible. What do I need to get my hands on? Very serious need help!!

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    good info here

skoalslayer39 is offline New Member
    Hello, I'm an 18 year old baseball who will be Playing division 1 college baseball next year. I need something to increase my strength, not good me too huge because I still need to throw etc. but I have also had 3 shoulder surgeries and continue to have shoulder problems today, so I need something that won't effect my shoulder.

mrgall is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skoalslayer39 View Post
    Hello, I'm an 18 year old baseball who will be Playing division 1 college baseball next year. I need something to increase my strength, not good me too huge because I still need to throw etc. but I have also had 3 shoulder surgeries and continue to have shoulder problems today, so I need something that won't effect my shoulder.
    Quit baseball lol?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information