Terminator1 is offline Associate Member

Changing Doctors

I have been seeing my family Doc for HRT. The only problem is that he is only giving me 1- 200cc shot per month. I found a friend who has a Doc that treating him for HRT and his Doctor prescribes a 10ml at a time with 3 months worth of refills. I have an appointment on Monday with my friends Doc to get set up with him. I was curious though if I go in, should I tell the new Doc about what my Doc has been prescribing to me. Or just not say any thing and tell him my "symptoms" and have him re-test my levels?

Batlin MD is offline New Member
    Just be upfront with the new doc right away, dont waste time hinting about your end goals. After a few visits he might not give you want you want and you wasted your time. This way if he doesn't work out you can move on to a doc that will assist you with your goals.

GL,
    Bat

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    I dont think your levels with be that low, since you are already taking some test into your system.

Maybe you could just tell him about your doc not wanting to adjust your dose, and that you are seeking another doc to treat your symptoms since you are not satisfied with your current treatment from your doc.

That way he knows what to expect on your bloodwork, unless he could maybe use your last doc bloodwork and go by that?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    tell the new doc that you want to self administer and you will likely get the same script regardless of your dose..the vials come in 10ml and are usually refillable every month...i get really pissed when some pharmacists do the math and question the refills...i just move to a pharmacy that wants my business and doesnt get in my business

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    terminator....when was the last 200 cc shot? you may want to have an appt when you're into week 3 or 4 so your levels are reflective of the real situation.....the once a month was where my GP was but only while we waited for the endo appt.....glad you are changing Drs....live is too good to waste on the couch

My last 200cc shot was about 3 weeks ago. So I should be good to go on Monday when I see the new Doctor!

Thanks for the advice guys!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OK you guys keep saying 200cc, dont you mean 200mg? DAMN that would be a huge syringe if it was 200cc

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    OK you guys keep saying 200cc, dont you mean 200mg? DAMN that would be a huge syringe if it was 200cc
    LOL Glad you caught that!! Yes 200mg!

Thread Information