fummins is offline Associate Member

Those on HRT and Estrogen blocker.

Just curious why a E blocker is necessary on a relatively low Test dose of say 125-150 per week? I assume because of pre-existing E imbalance? I hear/read conflicting reports on the need for this. I currently dose at 125 MG per week of Test and have some facial puffiness and the the occasional twinge of pain in my nutz and they are definitely have tightened up visually. Wonder if I am a candidate for Armidex or Nolva or a simaliar product? Thanks

Vettester is offline Banned
    Regarding the pain with the testicles, you need to look at HCG more than anything else.

On low doses of TRT you might not need any AI. Only lab work can tell you if it's needed. It's good to keep a AI on hand just in case the E2 gets elevated.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I have a little bit of gyno, and after I take my shot my right nipple gets a liitle bit puffy about two to three days later. I use some a-dex twice during the week and its all good. I take 200mgs every 7 to 9 days.

Everyone is different. If you're concerned the only way to know for sure is to have your E2 checked.

A number of things can effect your E2 production levels regardless of your TRT program. How much free T you have, whether you're taking DHEA, your diet, including various protein sources etc. There is a surprising amount of Estrogen in our food, and the environment around us, from sources you would never suspect. Do a search on Xenoestrogens and you'll see what I'm talking about. Recently a guy on this site, with normal T levels was having probs and it came down to the likelihood his E2 was high even though he did not have any of the classic traits of someone with a pre-existing E imbalance. It turns out he was consuming a significant amount of soy products which is very high in estrogen.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-20-2010 at 03:11 PM.

killswitch is offline New Member
    Started on 150 mg of test E a week, E2 was 26 (very good) so no E blocker prescribed
    2 months later E2 was 87 (very high in HRT standards)
    Started anastrozole .25 mg 5 days a week.
    E2 now 38 total test 925 free test 190

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
    Started on 150 mg of test E a week, E2 was 26 (very good) so no E blocker prescribed
    2 months later E2 was 87 (very high in HRT standards)
    Started anastrozole .25 mg 5 days a week.
    E2 now 38 total test 925 free test 190
    there you go fummins...one good example....150mg made this guys e2 go to 87 FROM 26...

BLOODWORK

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Everyone is different. If you're concerned the only way to know for sure is to have your E2 checked.

A number of things can effect your E2 production levels regardless of your TRT program. How much free T you have, whether you're taking DHEA, your diet, including various protein sources etc. There is a surprising amount of Estrogen in our food, and the environment around us, from sources you would never suspect. Do a search on Xenoestrogens and you'll see what I'm talking about. Recently a guy on this site, with normal T levels was having probs and it came down to the likelihood his E2 was high even though he did not have any of the classic traits of someone with a pre-existing E imbalance. It turns out he was consuming a significant amount of soy products which is very high in estrogen.
    ^^ agreed if your diet is in check and you keep sodium low you can keep estro much lower!

For me, my E2 was 167 on 200mg of Test Cyp weekly which put my Total T at 1032. I never had my E2 tested at the start so I don't know what it was before I began TRT. I was also taking 50mg of DHEA daily. Once I found out about my E2 levels, I dropped the DHEA, lowered my Test to 180mg weekly. Then I started on Adex and after 6 weeks, my E2 as 47 and Total T is 923. I'm now dialing back the T to 150mg weekly and tapering my Adex as well. I should know in another 4 weeks what the change is.

For me, my E2 was 167 on 200mg of Test Cyp weekly which put my Total T at 1032. I never had my E2 tested at the start so I don't know what it was before I began TRT. I was also taking 50mg of DHEA daily. Once I found out about my E2 levels, I dropped the DHEA, lowered my Test to 180mg weekly. Then I started on Adex and after 6 weeks, my E2 as 47 and Total T is 923. I'm now dialing back the T to 150mg weekly and tapering my Adex as well. I should know in another 4 weeks what the change is.
    forrest....will u update that in this post and/or another post?

Look at adding a little transdermal pregnenolone down the road. This fundamental hormone will provide a little DHEA conversion along the way and help back fill your natural hormonal pathways, which in turn will help other areas of the endocrine system to function naturally and properly as they did when we were younger.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    forrest....will u update that in this post and/or another post?
    Certainly...
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Look at adding a little transdermal pregnenolone down the road. This fundamental hormone will provide a little DHEA conversion along the way and help back fill your natural hormonal pathways, which in turn will help other areas of the endocrine system to function naturally and properly as they did when we were younger.
    Thanks Vette, I'll definitely look into that. I'll probably hit you up for some more detailed info on it at some point.

Certainly...

Thanks Vette, I'll definitely look into that. I'll probably hit you up for some more detailed info on it at some point.
    me as well

Look forward to it ^^^ I'll keep the light on.

Thread Information