eregitano is offline Junior Member

*Updated Blood Work 9/1/10

This week is my 13th week of TRT. Been feeling great, think I have things dialed into the sweet spot. Workouts have been fantastic, 6 days per week, alternating cardio and lifting. Diet is clean, one cheat day per week.

Fire away with questions or suggestions

Current protocol
    200 MG per week of test cyp
    Anastozole once every 3 days

Below is my current protocol and blood work from today.

Height 6 foot
    Weight at start 229
    Current weight 223
    Body fat at start 17.6
    Current body fat 15.5

Total Cholesterol at start 146
    current cholesterol 136
    Triglycerides at start 192
    current triglycerides 126
    HDL at start 35
    HDL current 36
    LDL at start 75.8
    current LDL 71.6
    Thyroid TSH at start 2.33 scale .34-4.82
    current Thyroid 1.91 (curious if it's better to be lower on this one?)

Testosterone at start 246
    Current Testosterone 732 scale 241-847

Estrodial at start 177
    Current Estrodial 36 scale <57

Current (suggested) tests that I have not done in the past (thank you JPKman for suggestions)

Free t3 3.6 scale 2.3-4.2

prolactin 7.6 scale 2.1-17.7 (have no what this is, anyone???)

FSH < 0.6 scale 1.4-18.1 (don't know what this one is either -anyone know what this low score means?)

LH < 0.1 scale 1.5-9.3 (thinking I might need Hcg , anyone have suggestions on if this is needed and suggested protocol)

Free Test
    19.2 scale 8.7-25.1

Bioavilable Test (have no idea what this is)

testb 400 scale 62-512
    testt 619 scale 241-827

SHBG Sex Hormone Bing GL(no idea what this is)

11L scale 13-71 (a little low, any suggestions on the importance and what this is exactly(

Progesterone (no idea what this is)

0 54 scale <1.22

So there it is. All in all I'm thrilled with the numbers and the way I feel reflects it. If anyone could assist with the questions I have that would be great.

If anyone has questions please fire away.
    Last edited by eregitano; 09-01-2010 at 08:20 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    looks good bro

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    looks good bro
    thanks if you have some time and could give me a brief definition of what some of those items you suggested tested measure that would be great.
    Last edited by eregitano; 09-01-2010 at 08:24 PM.

also getting a little pimply on the shoulders and neck area a bit, nothing too bad, but if anyone has proven remedies to try would be appreciated

no other thoughts? Vette???, anyone???

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    The numbers are great in all categories. There's nothing you're going to be able to do to raise the LH and FSH values while you're on TRT. You can artificially inflate the LH by taking hCG , but it doesn't matter. You'll still be low because of the negative feedback loop created by TRT. Unless you're looking to knock up the wife it really doesn't matter.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Ereg, I'm running on empty tonight, but keep an eye out tomorrow (Fri) and I'll throw you some thoughts on your post.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Numbers look fantastic bro - your feeling good and making really nice progress. Might consider running hcg - really a ton of benefits if you can get it and afford it. If you are only seeing a few bumps here and there and it does not get worse, then you are ok - dont know if you can avoid them all together. I went to showering twice a day and using a scrub pad from axe, and only see a few here and there every once in a while. Keep an eye on that E2, you have dropped it so much already, and I am sure it will continue to drop - especially as you lower bf - you may need to adjust your dose.

Great Job!

curious what the benefits of hcg are? My doctor wants me to convince him why I need it, maybe make a separate thread on this. If explaining in doc language why HCG is important, what are the benefits.

BigDog225 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    also getting a little pimply on the shoulders and neck area a bit, nothing too bad, but if anyone has proven remedies to try would be appreciated
    Vitamin b5 aka Pantothenic acid. I was breaking out on my face and back about 4 weeks after starting. Began searching for a remedy and tried lots. This is the only one that worked for me. I started taking 25mg a day until face and back cleared. Then dropped down to 10mg a day. Eventually I tappered off and now only use if I feel an outbreak comming on. Goodluck

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    curious what the benefits of hcg are? My doctor wants me to convince him why I need it, maybe make a separate thread on this. If explaining in doc language why HCG is important, what are the benefits.
    search hcg benefits on this site. look at the stickies above. you will find all you need.

This week is my 13th week of TRT. Been feeling great, think I have things dialed into the sweet spot. Workouts have been fantastic, 6 days per week, alternating cardio and lifting. Diet is clean, one cheat day per week.

Fire away with questions or suggestions

Current protocol

Below is my current protocol and blood work from today.

Height 6 foot
    Weight at start 229
    Current weight 223
    Body fat at start 17.6
    Current body fat 15.5

Total Cholesterol at start 146
    current cholesterol 136
    Triglycerides at start 192
    current triglycerides 126
    HDL at start 35
    HDL current 36
    LDL at start 75.8
    current LDL 71.6
    Thyroid TSH at start 2.33 scale .34-4.82
    current Thyroid 1.91 (curious if it's better to be lower on this one?)

Estrodial at start 177
    Current Estrodial 36 scale <57

Current (suggested) tests that I have not done in the past (thank you JPKman for suggestions)

Free t3 3.6 scale 2.3-4.2

prolactin 7.6 scale 2.1-17.7 (have no what this is, anyone???)

FSH < 0.6 scale 1.4-18.1 (don't know what this one is either -anyone know what this low score means?)

LH < 0.1 scale 1.5-9.3 (thinking I might need Hcg , anyone have suggestions on if this is needed and suggested protocol)

Free Test
    19.2 scale 8.7-25.1

Bioavilable Test (have no idea what this is)

testb 400 scale 62-512
    testt 619 scale 241-827

SHBG Sex Hormone Bing GL(no idea what this is)

11L scale 13-71 (a little low, any suggestions on the importance and what this is exactly(

Progesterone (no idea what this is)

0 54 scale <1.22

So there it is. All in all I'm thrilled with the numbers and the way I feel reflects it. If anyone could assist with the questions I have that would be great.

If anyone has questions please fire away.
    OK, getting back to you as promised. As others have indicated, your numbers look pretty good. I'll try to address a few of the specific questions.

On your thyroid ... Lower TSH scores aren't always a good thing with this test. Actually your numbers are OK, but if they were to keep dropping it might indicate an issue like hyperthyroidism. TSH is regulated by the pituitary and basically reacts in a feedback circuit from the thyroid. On your next set of labs, have them order you T3 and T4, which will give you a clearer picture of how your thyroid is really doing.

Prolactin is also created in the pituitary gland. Your score is fine ... If it were high we would be drawing milk from you ... Don't want that.

I would have been surprised if your LH/FSH were normal. A little research will show you that these hormones stimulate the testes to produce testosterone and sperm. This is better known as secondary hypogonadism when guys stop producing these hormones.

This leads to the HCG subject. Yes, HCG will act the part of LH and help your testes to function normally. You can avoid the atrophy thing by taking HCG. You will probably want to cut back your Cyp injections to 150mg/wk. Now, research this a little to understand the effect of HCG and why you should reduce the dosage on your "T".

Your free test and total test look great! Your free score is a little higher due to your SHBG being low. That's one of the advantages of lower SHBG. However, SHBG plays a role with androgenic hair loss when levels are lower, and more free "T" unbound can end up converting down the road into DHT and estrogen.

How many mg's of Anastrozole are you taking every 3 days? Your E2 has really come down and your numbers look pretty good. You've probably got a bit to go before your body gets balanced out and in the zone, but you're on the right track. Get familiar with your hormonal pathway and the endocrine system in general. Your research will only make your ability to manage your program that much better!
    Last edited by Vettester; 09-04-2010 at 05:53 PM.

rd53 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    How many mg's of Anastrozole are you taking every 3 days?
    second that question. Is it compounded or
    in tablet form? Thanks! Numbers and progress look good too!!

OK, getting back to you as promised. As others have indicated, your numbers look pretty good. I'll try to address a few of the specific questions.

On your thyroid ... Lower TSH scores aren't always a good thing with this test. Actually your numbers are OK, but if they were to keep dropping it might indicate an issue like hyperthyroidism. TSH is regulated by the pituitary and basically reacts in a feedback circuit from the thyroid. On your next set of labs, have them order you T3 and T4, which will give you a clearer picture of how your thyroid is really doing.

Prolactin is also created in the pituitary gland. Your score is fine ... If it were high we would be drawing milk from you ... Don't want that.

I would have been surprised if your LH/FSH were normal. A little research will show you that these hormones stimulate the testes to produce testosterone and sperm. This is better known as secondary hypogonadism when guys stop producing these hormones.

This leads to the HCG subject. Yes, HCG will act the part of LH and help your testes to function normally. You can avoid the atrophy thing by taking HCG. You will probably want to cut back your Cyp injections to 150mg/wk. Now, research this a little to understand the effect of HCG and why you should reduce the dosage on your "T".

Your free test and total test look great! Your free score is a little higher due to your SHBG being low. That's one of the advantages of lower SHBG. However, SHBG plays a role with androgenic hair loss when levels are lower, and more free "T" unbound can end up converting down the road into DHT and estrogen.

How many mg's of Anastrozole are you taking every 3 days? Your E2 has really come down and your numbers look pretty good. You've probably got a bit to go before your body gets balanced out and in the zone, but you're on the right track. Get familiar with your hormonal pathway and the endocrine system in general. Your research will only make your ability to manage your program that much better!
    as always, great advice.

BTW I'm taking .5 MG every 3 days of the Adex.

Bigfoot66 is offline Junior Member
    Vetteman:

So you're saying that it's OK to have low SHBG levels?

I switched to EoD injects to get SHBG up. All of my other levels were fine; just a low SHBG (11). With switch to EOD it went to 15. To me I felt no different.

Hair loss isn't an issue for me in any situation b/c I have a lot of it.

If I am on basically 200mg a week would it be OK to go to 2 x a week 100 mg each time with arimidex to keep estradiol down? Right now I take .25mg every 4th day to keep E2 down in a EoD regiment. Would that need to switch?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot66 View Post
    Vetteman:

So you're saying that it's OK to have low SHBG levels?
    No, not saying that it's OK to have low SHBG. There's pros and cons with high or low levels of anything. If the SHBG is too low then obviously there could be a greater chance for excess bio-available "T" converting into estrogens. You can increase other compounds to fight that off, but it's kind of keeping things out of balance. I personally think one's program will balance out a little better with the SHBG more on the lower end of the scale. But, keep it in perspective like other things such as E2 and Testosterone ... Everyone has a sweet zone that will help keep everything else in check.

Billytk03z is offline Member

Current protocol

Wow I cant believe that with the same protocol using Test cyp @ 200mg/wk put me in the 1700 testosterone range and you only in the 700.....

Bigfoot66 is offline Junior Member
    Vetteman: What you said makes sense. If I am at an EoD dosing and I wanted to go to twice a week, in your opinion, would there be any drastic change? I need to pull my last bloodwork results; however, I believe my free and bio were not at the high end..maybe 75th percentile? I'd like to decrease my pinnings if I could keep everything at status. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot66 View Post
    Vetteman: What you said makes sense. If I am at an EoD dosing and I wanted to go to twice a week, in your opinion, would there be any drastic change? I need to pull my last bloodwork results; however, I believe my free and bio were not at the high end..maybe 75th percentile? I'd like to decrease my pinnings if I could keep everything at status. Thanks for the advice.
    Tell you what, find your last BW results and post it up on a new thread. We'll jump into then and make sure you're on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Billytk03z View Post
    Wow I cant believe that with the same protocol using Test cyp @ 200mg/wk put me in the 1700 testosterone range and you only in the 700.....
    Some of that is the day you get your blood drawn in relation to the last injection.

Thread Information