Regulator77 is offline Junior Member

polycthemia and erythrocytosis (HIGH RED BLOOD CELLS)?

I use HRT 200mg test cyp or test enanth every two weeks.

My red blood cells have always been on the high side for whatever reason, second hand smoke, altitude, who knows.

My Red blood cells went up to 5.87 (4.10-5.60), my hemoglobin went up to 18.1 (13.5-17.5), and my hematocrit went up to 53.5 (40.0-53.0).

How do people use higher amounts of testosterone and not get into too much danger with this?

How dangerous is high red blood cells? (all i've read is that it can increase chances of hypertension, heart attack, and stroke, but I don't know any statistics).

Do they just give blood every so often?

Long term does this hurt your blood production when you're older?

I realize messing with your hormones is a gamble to begin with, and maybe i'm just not reckless enough in my old age (33), but I'm fanatical about getting educated before I do something.

Thanks

Vettester is offline Banned
    Your quest to get educated on the subject of hormones is the right thing to do. In actuality there is very little gamble associated with HRT, permitting you have a need for this treatment and you medicate properly with professional assistance.

There are always various side effects associated with everything. Your concern about elevated RBC's and other panels on the CBC lab should not be discounted. My best advise for helping yourself, which in turn will help others, is to give blood every 6 weeks. This will help keeps some of those concerns in check.

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    when mine are hight my doc sends me to donate blood to bring them back down...

too much of anything is bad for you ... period...

what happens when you get too many red blood cells the efficiancy drops down for their ability to transfer oxygen to the rest of you body and it can increase your blood pressure.. think of being on a highway .. if traffic is normal everything moves along efficiently .. if there is congestion things slow down and accidents happen...

this analogy is brought to you by the letter y...
    Last edited by pittbulldad; 09-18-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: because i wanted to

Regulator77 is offline Junior Member
    can you donate blood with exogenous testosterone in your blood? I figured if I am taking testosterone they would not let me give blood.

thats not something they ask.. or at least i've never heard that

American Red cross says women on HRT can donate.. so i'm assuming that men can donate also

Alloy is offline Junior Member
    Donate a pint of blood, easiest fix on earth! I know plenty of ppl who are RBC producing machines and give every 6 weeks. In addition to keeping your oil fresh, you're saving a life, you get plenty of free snacks, you get to chill in a 100% stress free environment, you spend some time with truly nice ppl, and some places even pay you for your donation. Also it doesn't hurt you as you get older. My grandfather who was a WW2 veteran knew the importance of donating blood, he donated his blood like clockwork right up until he passed away. He lived well into his 80s so no worries about being old.

It's a win-win in my book!
    Last edited by Alloy; 09-21-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Thread Information