Meester is offline New Member

Is there a standard name for the blood work tests?

Or should ask the Doc that I need the test that will give me the numbers for the following measures. I plan on making an appointment this week and I want to make sure I get the right numbers.

PSA Under 2.6 ng/mL - (optimal range) Standard reference range is up to 4, but if your level is persistently 2.6 or above, have a blood test to measure the percentage of free vs. bound PSA and a digital rectal exam to help rule out prostate cancer.

DHEA 400-560 mcg/dL - (optimal range) For older men, standard DHEA ranges are very low. It is important for men without prostate cancer to restore them to the youthful range (400-560).

DHT 20-50 nanogram/dL - (optimal range) Reference range is 30-85. DHT is 10 times more androgenic than testosterone and has been implicated in prostate problems and hair loss.

Luteinizing hormone (LH) Age 20-70: 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL 70+: 3.1-34.6 mIU/mL (standard reference ranges) - Under 9.3 mIU/mL - (optimal range) If these levels are high, it is an indication of testicular testosterone production deficiency. LH tells the testes to produce testosterone. If there is too little testosterone present, the pituitary gland secretes more LH in a futile effort to stimulate testicular testosterone production. Testosterone replacement therapy should suppress excess LH levels. Low LH can also be a sign of estrogen overload, since too much estrogen can suppress LH activity. This could mean using an estrogen blocker like Arimidex could solve a testosterone deficiency problem.

Sex Hormone Binding - Under 30 nanomoles/L - (optimal range) Reference range is 13-71 nanomole/L. Excessive binding inactivates testosterone (297).

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    full male panel, making sure the above is included along with vit d, fsh, free t, E2, IGF, and GH - might have left some off - others will chime in

sirupate is offline Member
    Mine also included a baseline cholesterol reading and liver function. Your doctor may want to rule out thyroid as well, since low thyroid can mimic low-T.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Here's a pretty complete panel from privatemdlabs.com ... http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tes...ch=hormone#605

So I scheduled an appointment with my Doc and told him the tests I wanted and then he asked me why. I gave him my symptoms and then he finally said "We could run all these test and they would be pretty expensive" bal blah blah. And he basically said most of the symptoms were basically from getting older and being overweight. So I don't think I am going to get any help from this guy. But I can't afford to jump around from Doc to Doc since I am only allowed 1 change per year of my PCP. So until the kids don't require 300 bucks in day care a week I am going to have to go solo for a while. Can anyone recommend a test booster product or should I be looking at something else. I really am just looking to lose weight without losing the muscle I have that is so hard to gain these days.

As of this AM I am 206 with 19 percent body fat measured with one of those Omron BodyFat testers. Body fat is down from 22% at aroudn the same weight 6 months ago. I am slooooooowlyu changing my composition but I'd like to speed it up if possible. The added weight causes me to snore, makes my back ache if I am walking long period, e.g. all day at Disney and bascially just needed to come off. Normally I would just run but after tring Insanity and P90X to get cardio in I developed Metatarsal Capsulitis. So one day of running keeps me off my feet for several more. I hope to get that problem fixed with surgery in the next month since Doc won't let me slide with the injections to the toe anymore and the orthotics don't help.

Would Clen from AR help or should I like at something like a test booster from Primordial Performance?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Meester; 04-29-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Anyone has any input on the Clen or test booster?
    I just ordered Jack3d after someone gave me a sample of it yesterday and I hope that kicks in some weight loss. I'll have to ease up on the dose because it have kept me up all night and I had to take a couple ambien I had laying around.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    you'll be wasting more of your already budgeted money...didnt hear an exact age but pulled out of your posts that youre gettin up there and since your on this site should look into what your insurance pays for..when i had insurance it paid for the necessary labs to get me started on trt...dont let this old fogey doctor push you away....he works for you bro...tell him flat out that saying "youre getting old" doesnt cut it in todays world....bring a pillow in case he dozes off during your office visit....

Thread Information