wolves06 is offline Junior Member

Would this / does this work??

Ok so i'm 26 and recently have started to have a lot of issues that all point towards some kind of problem with my endocrine system. I have been to see docs and endo's etc. and they have said contrasting things. The doc thought it was hypothyroidism but the endo dismissed that looking at the blood results and said it was signs of secondary hypogonadism. He wants to put me on HRT and didn't really say much else. To be honest the Doc made more sense the endo just seemed intent on lecturing about steroids and why they shouldn't be taken.

I have read loads about HRT, some good and some bad. At 26 though i really don't want to commit to this so early on until i've explored all possible avenues. Anyway, on another site there was a thread about a Doctor called Michael C. Scally who had come up with a solution to people who had shut down and could not get hpta back to normal function and also to those who had started HRT but wanted to get back to normal. It was something like this -

HCG - eod 8 times at 2500 iu per shot (yes 2500 iu eod)
    Clomid - 100 mg per day, 50mg in morning and 50mg at night for 30 days
    Nolvadex - 20mg per day for 45 days.

Start all at the same time. Now this goes against a lot of things i've read before, the massive dosage of HCG, the taking them all at the same time etc. But from what the guys on that site said this restored HPTA function (even after being on HRT) after 45 days. Unfortunately the thread was from about 5 years ago and nothing more was said afterwards so i don't know how to take this. But my way of thinking is this can't really do any more damage than has already been done and there may be a chance this would restore normal function.

Has anyone tried anything similar to this? A lot of people keep telling me listen to docs and take their advice. But the more i read about similar cases the more i become wary of this advice. Many people say that docs are either not interested in cases like this or just don't have the knowledge in this field to do anything else but prescribe HRT.

Anyway some advice on this would be welcome guys...?

sirupate is offline Member
    Sounds like you need a good endo...maybe not one who spends most of his time on diabetes cases (like mine). Has either doctor ruled out a pituitary tumor? Doing so probably requires a MRI (got good insurance?). As long as you don't have primary problems, the HCG /clomi route might kick-start you again. That is what those drugs do as long as your testes go to work after getting the chemical signals. That may be worth a try before starting a TRT regimen.

There are not many downsides to TRT as long as you aren't blasting...aside from many long years of administering injections given your relatively young age.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    bump

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your protocol is basically PCT. If you are shutdown then maybe this will help. Certainly worth a try before staring 50+ years of TRT. That dose of Nolva for 45 days may give you some annoying sides, like no libido. Remember, it is an investment in your future, and not a permanent loss of libido.

Cheers for the quick responses guys.

I just feel like i may as well try it, if it doesn't work then at least i will know in myself that i've explored all possible avenues (or at least the ones i know of). In terms of what you said Sirupate i do not think that has been explored yet. I have an appointment this week and they are doing another blood test so i will mention it.

My Doc has been very good though. I was honest and told him my situation, i had taken steroids about 2/3 years ago and done about 4 cycles. Haven't been on them for at least a year maybe longer and suddenly after a traumatic experience 6months ago i had a total crash. I seemed to recover from it but now i've crashed again. At first they said it was Post Traumatic Stress and that it would recover in time. So they put my on Anti-Depressants which did nothing (because of course that wasn't the problem!) But after more blood tests he come to the conclusion it was the thyroid. But he passed me on to an endo who said Hypogonadism and that i should start with HRT.

The doc said that steroids can be quite safe in some cases and as long as you allow time to recover (or in our case pct) then you can sometimes be ok. The endo had a totally different stance though i'm not arguing with him what he says it right but i just don't think he has helped me that much.

Anyway, I will try this out and let people know of the results. I feel if it works then it might be something that others with the same problems as me can benefit from. I'm also going to talk to a different Endo and ask him his thoughts on this, you never know he may even think it's worth a shot!!

Thanks again guys.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    best of luck

subscribed

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    You should try it but that is Dr. Scally's old HPTA restoration protocol. He does not advise running SERM's with your HCG anymore.

His new advice would be to have you run your HCG for several weeks and then get your blood test done while on the HCG. You are doing this to see if your testicles are capable of producing testosterone , if they are not, while taking the HCG, then more HCG is needed. once you get your bloods done and it shows that you are in high range then discontinue your HCG and start SERM treatment. His Serm protocol calls for a combo of clomid and Nolva. running the clomid for 4 weeks and the Nolva for 6 weeks. dosages recommended vary because each person will have a different response to HCG. 1,000 or 1500 EOD is a good start.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    or you could just get labs done FIRST, please before you start anything

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    or you could just get labs done FIRST, please before you start anything
    he already got bloods and he is hypo....................

Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    You should try it but that is Dr. Scally's old HPTA restoration protocol. He does not advise running SERM's with your HCG anymore.

His new advice would be to have you run your HCG for several weeks and then get your blood test done while on the HCG. You are doing this to see if your testicles are capable of producing testosterone, if they are not, while taking the HCG, then more HCG is needed. once you get your bloods done and it shows that you are in high range then discontinue your HCG and start SERM treatment. His Serm protocol calls for a combo of clomid and Nolva. running the clomid for 4 weeks and the Nolva for 6 weeks. dosages recommended vary because each person will have a different response to HCG. 1,000 or 1500 EOD is a good start.
    Thanks for that, very informative.

In response to flatscat yes i've been dignosed with secondary hypogonadism by the Endocrinologist. The whole idea of this is just a trial really, if it works then it's a risk worth taking and if not then it won't change much as i assume i will have to start HRT.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    sorry bro, I just saw "seeing signs" and didn't take that as a diagnosis, and missed the blood work part. Have you already posted the results?

Thread Information