Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Java Man

Thread: Update on my search

boxingfan30 is offline Member

Update on my search

Hey all, I haven't been on here in quite a while. Wife is expecting in the next few weeks and as some of you might remember I had been trying to find an answer to my extreme aggression.

It was suggested to be to take 5000 iu's of vitamin D3 per day. I figured I would give it a shot. I knew that something had to be off and my free test while in the "normal" range on my previous blood test was 11.2 on the 9-25 scale that labcorb uses. Well, after a few weeks I told my Wife I did feel better and much less explosive. She didn't want me to get let down in case of placebo effect, but I knew one way or the other that I felt better. 3 months after starting I finally got my blood work done. My free test had come up to 17.5! I just knew that something wasn't right so I wanted to thank you all for the suggestions (i'm not sure who exactly had told me about it, but it worked). I feel so much better than before and it's nice to not blow up at every little thing.

JohnGalt is offline Junior Member
    First, congrats on the addition!

I do hope they mentioned to take the D3 with fatty foods to aid in absorption. I can back very low on D so trying to get my number up on it. I was just curious if you had your D tested on your BW with numbers. If not congrats second and thirdly for feeling better and getting your test up

no, they never did test that as far as I know. They did a full blood panel, but most docs I don't think are aware of the D3 and low free test connection. Thanks btw... I definitely do feel a lot better. Not completely, but pretty good. I'm guessing going to 10,000 a day would be to much?

JohnGalt is offline Junior Member
    From what I've been learning about d it's very hard to get the numbers over the high range so 10k/day wouldn't be bad to try. I am going to stay at 5k until my next BW just to see how much it helps then suspect I will have to go a good bit higher. Saying you should try x dosage is hard for me without knowing your levels so I say cautiously you can just watch for sides

I'll probably just leave well enough alone

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Hey that's great! Congratulations. its amazing what can be augmented using just common vitamins isn't it?
    boxingfan30 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Hey that's great! Congratulations. its amazing what can be augmented using just common vitamins isn't it?
    thanks man, yeah it sure is.

Thread Information