dmoney10 is offline Junior Member

use of ai with heart disease

51 yr old male been on hrt for 4 years ,from andogel to enthanate 100mg 1xwk and now hcg mono 2x500ius good for a while than e2 climbs and ed and no libito start endro refuses to give me ai ,esp since i have 2 stents any ideas what i can do and are ai s a risk for cardiac events

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your doctor may be nervous about giving you an AI because some studies have shown AI's can have a negative impact on cholesterol, particularly HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol). In William Llewellyn's book Anabolics, he sites a study stating AI's can suppress HDL cholesterol by as much as 25%. Healthy cholesterol can, however, be easily maintained and controlled when on TRT. In fact, even with supraphysiological doses of testosterone you can maintain solid lipid profiles with a healthy diet and regular cardiovascular activity.

In summary, your doctor is probably worried because estrogen plays an important role on cholesterol. We do need cholesterol, the right amount. However, the fear that surrounds cholesterol may be highly overstated in many cases. Regardless, I read in your other thread that your E2 had came back at one point at 50 and over 80 another time. This is definitely a problem and is more than likely going to make you feel like garbage even if your testosterone levels are high. For TRT to work and work well, you have to find and maintain a balance of testosterone and estrogen.

20YO is offline Junior Member
    if you dose too high with your ai, it can drop your estrogen which is bad for your heart (this is probably what guided your docs decision not to prescribe) However, chronically high estrogen (and yes 50 is high) is also bad for your heart (there are tonnes of studies on this). so the only solution in my eyes is to take an ai at a low dose, and work your way up until you hit the estrogen sweet spot (e2 of approx 20-30) I would suggest you either find a new doc to prescribe or purchase some liquidex from the site sponsor.... in the mean time vit d and zinc supplementation should be considered.
    good luck!

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject
    Your doctor may be nervous about giving you an AI because some studies have shown AI's can have a negative impact on cholesterol, particularly HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol). In William Llewellyn's book Anabolics, he sites a study stating AI's can suppress HDL cholesterol by as much as 25%. Healthy cholesterol can, however, be easily maintained and controlled when on TRT. In fact, even with supraphysiological doses of testosterone you can maintain solid lipid profiles with a healthy diet and regular cardiovascular activity.

In summary, your doctor is probably worried because estrogen plays an important role on cholesterol. We do need cholesterol, the right amount. However, the fear that surrounds cholesterol may be highly overstated in many cases. Regardless, I read in your other thread that your E2 had came back at one point at 50 and over 80 another time. This is definitely a problem and is more than likely going to make you feel like garbage even if your testosterone levels are high. For TRT to work and work well, you have to find and maintain a balance of testosterone and estrogen.
    Correct, and a nice summary. The literature is a bit inconclusive. Some studies suggest Anastrozole has more negative effects relative to aromasin , others show no advantage of one over the other. Clinically, I have seen all AIs effect lipid metabolism to varying degrees but the effect is multi factorial.

Optimal estrogen levels are difficult to pin point. I've had my estrogen as high as 350 with no notable effects physically or mentally and I've also crashed my E2, which was far more unpleasant.

hey great info appreciated,now is that suppressing of the hdl at high dosages? im thinkn of taken a run 0.25 arimidex 2x wk to see if that will get the e2 down and for the record i been thru 3 doc s with this already lol

thanx 2oyo im endro is sending me to eurolgist in ny so we l see so for time bein ill run low dosage

muscleink appreciate it wow 350 thats crazy ,so do you think the high e2 is worse for the heart than the arimidex

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney10
    muscleink appreciate it wow 350 thats crazy ,so do you think the high e2 is worse for the heart than the arimidex
    High E2 levels certainly carry a number of risks including blood clots, heart attack, stroke, and elevated risks of various adenocarcinomas (cancers). The effect of AIs on lipid metabolism are dose dependent and vary from individual. Personally I'd want to see the E2 decrease and would recommend either adding/increasing an AI or decrease exogenous testosterone levels , or both. In cases such as yours where cardiac stents are involved, doses and durations of AIs to bring E2 levels back within normal ranges shouldn't have a dramatic impact on lipid metabolism over a short treatment duration, however it would be advisable to monitor the patient's cardiac health through ECGs, 2D ECOHs, or LVEFs while the AIs are being used.

thanx for the info again muscleink i advised my cardiologist that im goin on armidex 025 2xwk he was ok with it

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney10
    thanx for the info again muscleink i advised my cardiologist that im goin on armidex 025 2xwk he was ok with it
    Excellent! Please keep us posted.

k thanx bro

Thread Information