Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By phaedo

Thread: T3 Thyroid and trt

truckin001 is offline Junior Member
    Can I use t3 while on trt dose (150mg test c per week) without the possibility of muscle loss? With the consideration of a proper diet and protein intake.
    Last edited by truckin001; 07-12-2013 at 10:24 PM.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by truckin001
    Can I use t3 while on trt dose (150mg test c per week) without the possibility of muscle loss? With the consideration of a proper diet and protein intake.
    In for answers.

phaedo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by truckin001 View Post
    Yeah. I do it all the time (I'm hypothyroid, but I constantly adjust my T3 dosage depending on my goals). Though 150 mg of testosterone per week is plenty high, in my opinion...

The catabolic nature of T3 is vastly overblown (again, in my opinion). The issue of muscle wasting is the result of secondary effects, such as raised cortisol in response to raised T3 levels. I vary my T3 doses anywhere between 10 mcg and 40 mcg, accompanied by 100 mg of testosterone per week. Anything over 40 mcg makes me feel like garbage (anxiety and nervousness followed by fatigued and irritability). Of course, this all depends on the length of your "T3 cycle." Like I said, inducing hyperthyroidism - which is effectively what you'll be doing - will put greater strain on your adrenals.

You read instances of individuals taking 75 mcg, 100 mcg, or even 150 mcg of Cytomel . These are the great minority of T3 users, insofar as they follow some idiosyncratic "T3-only" protocol for treatment hypothyroidism. It's highly discouraged and not approved/recommended by the AACE... if that says anything. Ultimately, chronic high supplementation of T3 leads to adrenal insufficiency, prevalent hyperthyroid symptoms, and most of your T4 converting to reverse-T3. The good news is that your thyroid gland quickly adjusts upon cessation of exogenous T3, albeit during that short time frame, you'll feel pretty down.

If you're set on dosing T3 and ask for my quantitative recommendation, I'd suggest no more than 25 mcg of Cytomel supplemented for 30 days. No need to taper or concoct some PCT.

*edit*

[I'll note that many board members here do a T3 + Clenbuterol cycle. Personally (again, my opinion!), I think using Clen is inane and, in a word, poisonous. For a medicated edge in fat-loss, Cytomel will be more than enough.]
    Last edited by phaedo; 07-13-2013 at 01:26 AM.
    asiandudexxx likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by truckin001 View Post
    Yes.

truckin001 is offline Junior Member
    Thank u

Thread Information