Thread: SubQ Mechanism

vmons01 is offline Junior Member

SubQ Mechanism

I'm struggling today deciding whether to switch over to SubQ from IM. I have exactly 1/2" of fat on my quads to inject into. I've got very low bodyfat (10%) and a lot of muscle so it sounds like SubQ may work out better for me.

How EXACTLY does it work? You inject the oil under the skin, over the muscle. It sloshes around under your skin on top of the muscle. Theoretically we're hoping that it gets absorbed into our bloodstream slowly over 3.5 days.

Would it get absorbed too fast?

Or not even make it's way into the bloodstream over the 3.5 day timeframe?

Any success stories, or unsuccessful attempts?

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Everyone hear says its great.

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    it gets absorbed thru the adipose tissue. I switched to sub q 4 weeks ago and I love it. Most ppl find that they no longer need an AI with sub q.

I get it, so it's sloshing around under the fat, over the muscle and is absorbed by the blood supply to/from the overlying fat. It follows then that different types of fat have different absorption potential, both good and bad. I read the following recently and am wondering if it's important to keep in mind if subq is going to be successful or not for an individual. I believe that the context of the following relates more to women than man, but the subject matter is still relevant.

"...certain fat depots have significantly poorer blood flow than others. You can test this yourself, touch an area of your body where you lose fat more easily, it should feel fairly warm. Now touch your butt, hips or thighs. Probably stone cold. Studies have shown that blood flow in lower body fat can have 67% lower blood flow than other depots. Visceral fat has extremely good blood flow, it also goes away very quickly. If you could drive your hand into someone’s stomach and feel their visceral fat, it would probably feel fairly warm.
    Poor blood flow has two consequences of importance here. First and foremost, it means that blood borne hormones (such as the catecholamines which, recall, don’t work well in the first place) can’t get to the fat cells. Second, poor blood flow makes it harder to get mobilized fat away from the fat cell so that it can be burned elsewhere.
    Why the blood flow is so poor isn’t well established. Part of it may simply be less blood vessels, imaging studies show very few in that area. As well, it appears that the blood vessels in the lower body have more alpha- than beta-receptors; this has the same consequence as for lipolysis. More alpha-receptors means more vasoconstriction and less vasodilation which adds up to less blood flow."
    Last edited by vmons01; 11-07-2013 at 08:30 AM.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    I read the results are usually the same and the sub q is easier delivery

I have very little fat on me ... what about injecting into an area where it's mostly just skin?

Thread Information