bartman314 is offline Productive Member

the ideal time for bw?!?!?!?!?

i'm about to get my first bw done since starting trt. i've been advised to schedule bloodwork at least one day after my normal injection, but not to taken the injection. i guess the logic here is to see what test serum and free test are after depletion from trt. somehow this doesn't make sense to me.

what are the trade-offs and recommendations for BW timing vis a vis trt injection timing?

interestingly, the same logic is applied to hcg (wait until after normal dose 'wears off'), but not AI. any additional thoughts here?

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    i'm about to get my first bw done since starting trt. i've been advised to schedule bloodwork at least one day after my normal injection, but not to taken the injection. i guess the logic here is to see what test serum and free test are after depletion from trt. somehow this doesn't make sense to me.

what are the trade-offs and recommendations for BW timing vis a vis trt injection timing?

interestingly, the same logic is applied to hcg (wait until after normal dose 'wears off'), but not AI. any additional thoughts here?
    Are you sure you didn't get it mixed up? If you are on once a week shots, from what I understand it's usually the day before your next shot.

jomamma007 is offline Member
    that isn't logical lol.
    How would knowing your levels off trt help while on trt?

Do blood work the day of your injection, but don't inject until after blood is drawn. We are looking for your trough levels, although on twice per week injections level should be fairly stable after some time.
    Wait 6 weeks from starting your protocol ideally.

MArz123 is offline Junior Member
    Depends of what u want to learn from your labs...do u want to know what you peak at or what you drop to (Trough level) before you next injection....they both are good to know...when inject once a week ...i did labs on the 7 days after injection...there are Trough levels ...good know what my test and e2 drops to ....labs were test= 780 , e2=30

Then i switched to 2 injections a week just split the dose...did labs 1 day after injection...this is my peak level...check this out...test=1550 e2=60

So know both peak and trough levels helps me to see the bigger picture and try and even things out a bit....

So i have lower my test dosage a bit, increased the AI a bit and i am now taking my AI 12hours after injection rather than 24hr...will be getting new labs soon to see the effects on the numbrrs

MyteeJ is offline Associate Member
    On a once per week schedule, you want the BW draw the day before your next T injection.

They look at the low point of your week like the guys said. For what it's worth, I had BW done 4 weeks after starting and there were noticeable results and I was able to make the proper adjustments.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MArz123 View Post
    Depends of what u want to learn from your labs...do u want to know what you peak at or what you drop to (Trough level) before you next injection....they both are good to know...when inject once a week ...i did labs on the 7 days after injection...there are Trough levels ...good know what my test and e2 drops to ....labs were test= 780 , e2=30

Then i switched to 2 injections a week just split the dose...did labs 1 day after injection...this is my peak level...check this out...test=1550 e2=60

So know both peak and trough levels helps me to see the bigger picture and try and even things out a bit....

So i have lower my test dosage a bit, increased the AI a bit and i am now taking my AI 12hours after injection rather than 24hr...will be getting new labs soon to see the effects on the numbrrs
    I think this is very sensible - if you're on once a week. When I started TRT, I was going to a mens clinic and they drew blood the day of the injection, before the shot. But if you have a provider who's willing to test for peaks and troughs, go for it.

Thread Information