bullshark99 is offline Senior Member

Emplotment drug testing

Guys, pretty obvious what is being tested when a urine test is needed for employment, my question is Testosterone or more specifically AAS on the list??
    Any insight from experience or knowledge is appreciated.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    No, AAS isn't on a standard drug screening. And if I assume correctly that you're on TRT, bc this is the TRT subforum, then you'd have even less to worry about since you'd have a legitamate Rx.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I am on TRT, I did do some Deca "under the table" I know that stays in your system forever, that is my biggest concern, thanks.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've heard the test for androgens is rather expensive so it's usually not included in typical drug screens. For example, some law enforcement agencies who test for it will pool urine samples from multiple individuals to save money on the test. If a positive reading comes up from the mass sample, they then perform individual tests to identify the individual(s) taking steroids .

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    While I haven't heard that employers were testing for Testosterone (or AAS), I would ask what drugs are tested for if concerned. There should be a list that HR would be happy to share.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I have done several and have never had a problem. As long as you have a script though, you'll be good.

southernboy31 is offline New Member
    I'm interested in this also. I have a script for test but have been considering jump starting with dbol and running a very low dose of deca for my joints. Several things I've read says they have to test specifically for aas and it's very expensive but I read something the other day that said both deca and dbol will show up as benzos on a dot test

I think what they are testing for is the prescription meds, other than AAS, marijuana and cocaine. I was on an anti anxiety drug many years ago and it came up on the test. I had a script so it wasn't a problem.

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    most aas needs to be tested for thru blood tests, hair follicle and at the worst a spinal tap eek!! ive seen it personally, a buddy of mine blew up real quick when he was in the service, and the same day he had a piss test he was called in for a blood test, then was talked to by his superior, and they mentioned his size and how he exploded, and why the blood test.... most bosses who do this are jealous from my experience, all got the alpha male, im in charge biggest cawk of the walk type attitude, until they see someone get bigger than them, then its and ego thing and becomes an issue....

piss tests are usually just for painkillers and rec drugs...some may slip a few others into the piss test, but for the most part, i wouldnt worry, and ask what they test for, but when u sign for ur piss test they should have a list on that paper showing what is tested for...

Saw this on the Department of Labor's Website:

What drugs do tests detect?

Testing conducted according to SAMHSA’s guidelines checks for five illicit drugs plus, in some cases, alcohol (ethanol, ethyl alcohol, booze). These five illicit drugs are:

Amphetamines (meth, speed, crank, ecstasy)
    THC (cannabinoids, marijuana, hash)
    Cocaine (coke, crack)
    Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)
    Phencyclidine (PCP, angel dust)

However, most private employers are not limited in the number of substances they can test for and may include drugs that individuals legitimately and/or therapeutically take based on a physician’s prescription. Although most private employers can test for any combination of drugs, there are commonly selected “panels.”

The typical 8-Panel Test includes the above-mentioned substances plus:

Barbiturates (phenobarbital, butalbital, secobarbital, downers)
    Benzodiazepines (tranquilizers like Valium, Librium, Xanax)
    Methaqualone (Quaaludes)

The typical 10-Panel Test includes the 8-Panel Test plus:

Methadone (often used to treat heroin addiction)
    Propoxyphene (Darvon compounds)

Testing can also be done for:

Hallucinogens (LSD, mushrooms, mescaline, peyote)
    Inhalants (paint, glue, hairspray)
    Anabolic steroids (synthesized, muscle-building hormones)
    Hydrocodone (prescription medication known as Lortab, Vicodin, Oxycodone)
    MDMA ( commonly known as Ecstasy)

Good info OB, I wonder how they do it in Colorado where cannibis is legal. Lol.

I don't think it matters. I understand hospitals in California are now testing for nicotine. It may be legal, but the hospitals don't want them.

Quote Originally Posted by OingoBoingo View Post
    I don't think it matters. I understand hospitals in California are now testing for nicotine. It may be legal, but the hospitals don't want them.
    That will eventually come to a head, if a substance is completely legal, someone may have a case for discrimination. Will be interesting to see.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The insurance company my employer goes through requires people to answer a questionnaire each hear and if you decide to not answer it or you admit your smoke it cost you an extra $50 a month. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until they start testing people to see if they are smoking.

It started as a $50 incentive/gift card if you participated in doing the questionnaire several years ago. When they started it I said "mark my words this is going to turn into a fine instead of a incentive in a few years if you dont participate." I hate being right so often. I have also said that I bet they will start charging you/us more if you have high cholesterol or most anything else eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    That will eventually come to a head, if a substance is completely legal, someone may have a case for discrimination. Will be interesting to see.
    One should think it a slam dunk if the tobacco lawyers started a class action. But so far, not a peep.

Thread Information