tronics is offline Associate Member

stopped trt for about 6 weeks. getting back on. question.

Hey ive been on trt from my doc now for about 4 years. My dose was 250 a week, 500 every two weeks. My test levels were still not too high now but lower normal range.

I was extremely sick, docs didnt know what it was so they wanted me off everything till they could find out what. Now im ok and i can start trt again. I was off about 6-7 weeks id say. Actually started back 2 days ago on wed.

Question is with being off that length of time and being on for about 4-5 years how long till it starts coming back. Did it take longer to leave because i was on for so long or am i started fresh or maybe itll get back in my system slower or faster.

If anyone would have an idea that would be great..thank you!

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    It will take some time for blood levels to stabilize but you should start feeling better in a couple weeks

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That seems like a pretty high TRT dose but if your blood work supported it then I guess it was right for you. I would still try a lower dose and see how your blood work looks like. I have known several people who ran HIGH TRT and after an extended period of time (1yr+) they started feeling like crap.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    I agree. Start at a lower dose and titrate up if needed.

we are starting at 200 a week at first. to see my levels with those dose first.

so will it take the test e 4 weeks to really get in or could it be faster or longer bc ive been on for years? im hoping faster but also realistic. thanks

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tronics View Post
    Hey ive been on trt from my doc now for about 4 years. My dose was 250 a week, 500 every two weeks. My test levels were still not too high now but lower normal range.

I was extremely sick, docs didnt know what it was so they wanted me off everything till they could find out what. Now im ok and i can start trt again. I was off about 6-7 weeks id say. Actually started back 2 days ago on wed.

Question is with being off that length of time and being on for about 4-5 years how long till it starts coming back. Did it take longer to leave because i was on for so long or am i started fresh or maybe itll get back in my system slower or faster.

If anyone would have an idea that would be great..thank you!

Whoa man, that's an incredibly high dose of testosterone . Hard to tell from your post, was it 250mg/wk or 500mg/every 2 weeks?

Where did/does a dose like that put your hematocrit value?

I don't know anything about your medical history but I can't really imagine a scenario in which your hematocrit isn't through the roof on such a large dose for such a long period of time.

I'm sure your doctor is doing what he thinks is best but personally I would think about starting around 150mg a week. Most people 200mg a week still puts them on the very high side, not all but most and again more is not necessarily better. Most people seem to feel better especially in the long run around mid levels, 400 - 800 and an mid level free testosterone .

This is a good read.
    Interpretation of Free Testosterone, Estrogen, and Total Testosterone Blood Tests
    Last edited by lovbyts; 03-07-2015 at 04:08 AM.

started at 350mg one shot every two weeks. then eventually 400mg that got me where i felt normal again. my total test was like 400 for but my free test was healthy range so i felt better but over time it had to increase. i ended at 500 one shot every two weeks but i started to split it because bc of the half life.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Really, you need a doctor that knows what they're doing.

500mg every two weeks is a ridiculous protocol, and cutting it to 250mg once a week is just as ridiculous IMO.

Although most of us on the forum have started around 100mg of Testosterone per week, Dr. Crisler and Dr. Gordon last year reduced their starting doses to 70mg and 60mg respectively.

i was going to dr gordan till a year ago hes who i started with and brought me to that dose.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tronics
    i was going to dr gordan till a year ago hes who i started with and brought me to that dose.
    the dose really doesn't matter as long as the labs support it and your levels land in range

I'm sure you felt better, most people do on cycle and that is what you were on but eventually you will crash and crash hard. More is not better and 400 or 500 mg ever 2 weeks is not TRT it's a cycle.

Really if you want to feel better long term you need to re think what you are doing. If you just want to feel good for a few months and then work on recovering for 6 months out of the year then keep doing what you are doing because that is what will end up happening.

You need a real TRT/HRT doctor, not a GP or Endo and even if they are a TRT doctor not all are created equally so you need to bone up and learn what is best, not just blindly trust what the doctor tells you. Doctors are be-all and end-all that a log of people think they are. They are still just people but have a certificate that allows them to prescribe rx.

I'm not trying to belittle doctors but trying to empower you to do your due diligence and self educate. Once you have gotten your hormone levels properly leveled out and you want to blast once in a while that is fine and a whole other subject but first you need to get things under control properly.

Thread Information