OILman10 is offline New Member

TRT injection schedule

Could I get some more advice guys.

My Doctor has me on 200mg Cypionate and 1000IU HCG weekly. I inject both on Tuesday morning, I should be splitting the HCG at twice a week (500IU each). Can you guys advise on the interval (which days) I should be injecting the HCG? This will be my 5th week of TRT, doctor is scheduling BW on the 23rd to check levels.

Also, I can't seem to find any good reads on long term affects of TRT. Can anyone give me some info on how long you have been on TRT and your future plans as far as continuing this therapy.

Thanks again for your input........

SweepTheLegJohnny is offline Junior Member
    Right now, I inject 250iu of hcg Monday and Friday and 200mgs of test on Wednesday. This is the schedule the doctor laid out for me and it has kept the testosterone levels reasonably stable. I prefer to pin twice a week with testosterone and hcg being injected on the same day but my current doc is the first on I've seen that understands TRT so I'm not going off of the reservation.

There aren't any conclusive studies available with respect to any long-term, negative effects of TRT. One study has claimed that there "may" (i.e. no conclusive evidence) of heart disease and stroke among TRT patients. However, I imagine those studies involve a lot of poorly planned protocols where E2 isn't kept under control and patients aren't donating blood to lower their clotting risk. Most doctors simply do not understand how TRT works but are quick to prescribe testosterone, particularly the gels. They put guys on a protocol and then blame the testosterone when their patients come back with problems. My first experience with TRT was horrible; I was prescribed a high dose of test with no hcg and no follow up blood work to look for elevated estrogen. My estrogen went through the roof, my testosterone was crashed and my doctor's response was "stop taking the testosterone and you'll be fine". This was AFTER I explained to him that I hadn't taken an injection in two weeks. I felt like complete and total hell for six weeks.

I, personally, have been diagnosed with hypogonadism; my testosterone and estrogen levels were crashed. I have been on and off of TRT for two years now as it has been difficult to find a doctor that actually knows what they're doing. The low t was causing me many physiological problems, the worst being high blood sugar which will absolutely cause heart attacks and strokes. I eat right and exercise but my fasting blood sugar kept creeping higher and higher and I would have ended up with Type 2 Diabetes sooner than later. The testosterone has corrected that along with many other issues. So, as of right now, I plan on being a life time member of the TRT club. However, should I need to come off of it, the hcg will help that and, again, I have a knowledgeable doc who can kick start my testosterone back to their previous, low levels.

Here's the way I look at it; women are prescribed estrogen and progesterone routinely for a variety of physical and mental disorders so why shouldn't men have the same access to hormone balancing treatment?

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Good post sweep, I don't know why he started you at the high end but I would split my test in two and pin hcg three times a week. I.E. Testosterone Tues and Sat , hcg Monday Wednesday and Friday. Long term effects are feeling good, higher libido, more sex. The others are higher hematocrit levels that you need to stay on top of, estradiol which you also need to stay on top and even acne are the most common. That's why you should always be on the lowest dose possible where you are asymptomatic. More is not better in trt because of the possible sides . Sweep is correct that not many Dr's are well versed in trt so the testosterone gets the blame. A properly designed and supervised protocol will do wonders for you .

Thanks guys, just to add another hurdle in this scheduling, I work in Overseas 30 days on and 30 days off. Travel time door to door is about 30 hours. I hope I have a decent cool pack for my HCG , should be here on Monday.

Not sure how my employer will feel about the injectables. Anybody have similar issues?

Can an 80mg aspirin everyday help with blood thinning due to hematocrit levels?

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OILman10 View Post
    Could I get some more advice guys.

My Doctor has me on 200mg Cypionate and 1000IU HCG weekly. I inject both on Tuesday morning, I should be splitting the HCG at twice a week (500IU each). Can you guys advise on the interval (which days) I should be injecting the HCG? This will be my 5th week of TRT, doctor is scheduling BW on the 23rd to check levels.

Also, I can't seem to find any good reads on long term affects of TRT. Can anyone give me some info on how long you have been on TRT and your future plans as far as continuing this therapy.

Thanks again for your input........
    I too am on 200 mgs/week. I inject .5 ml (100 mgs) every 4 days and 250 IUs HCG on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Some people do fine with once a week Test dosing. I tried HCG @ 750 IUs/week but didnt see any added benefits.

I've been on >4 years and life was never better previously. No way in hell I'd ever come off. Give it some time & enjoy the journey.

Your traveling may be difficult, but it's worth the extra effort. Cant you keep the HCG in the fridge where you'll be staying during the 30 days away? Put it in some type of innocuous container so the cleaning people dont screw with it. Do the same with your Test & other supplies...

You may also benefit from treatment using Aveed, a long-acting type of Testosterone which will cut-down your injection frequency. Google it & ask your Doc about it...
    Last edited by APIs; 03-13-2015 at 09:58 AM.

SweepTheLegJohnny is offline Junior Member
    She started me off on such a high dose because my testosterone and estrogen (all three sub types) were completely tanked.

Lol, I completely followed the doc's and pinned it IM instead of sub q. I'll do what as she says, for now but plan on asking her to switch over to biweekly, sub q injections if things don't go smoothly. Honestly, I'll probably end up on a much smaller dose down the road. I start to get edgy and weird when my test climbs over 900ng/dL.

Personally, I like mixing the HGC and test in the same insulin pin as the HCG works into my system slower this way.
    Last edited by SweepTheLegJohnny; 03-13-2015 at 01:35 PM.

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OILman10 View Post
    Can an 80mg aspirin everyday help with blood thinning due to hematocrit levels?
    It helps thin the blood but does not reduce your rbc. That still needs to be taken care of if high.

Thread Information