Thread: Trt

vdiesel is offline New Member

Trt

I'm 41 and been on TRT for over 2years. I've now decided to do it on my own. Question is, having my testicles shut down for such a long period. Not that I plan on coming off but will they produce again naturally or do I need assistance ?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    If your on medically needed trt then they were not doing much anyway. Running hcg alongside will continue to stimulate the ledig cells

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vdiesel View Post
    I'm 41 and been on TRT for over 2years. I've now decided to do it on my own. Question is, having my testicles shut down for such a long period. Not that I plan on coming off but will they produce again naturally or do I need assistance ?
    Forgive my candor, but IMO this is one of the crazier questions heard on this forum all too often. What on earth would be your purpose for coming off of TRT after two years - assuming that it was medically necessary to begin with?

Natural T levels begin to fall naturally and rapidly in a man's late thirties to early forties. If you come off, you are going to make a very hard nose dive into a world of hurt. At BEST, after being in this world of hurt, your T levels will only come back to VERY low normal. At best, if they come back to even that. And I have no doubt that you will quickly see the the stupidity of the decision, IMO.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vdiesel
    No they won't produce again naturally. HCG will help

Quote Originally Posted by bigdil511 View Post
    No they won't produce again naturally. HCG will help
    This is not completely correct.

As BioActive said, hCG will stimulate the Leydig cells in the testes, but it is highly unlikely to the level they produced testosterone before TRT. Again, the question is - what would be the purpose of stopping TRT once you have been on it for two years? Completely illogical, IMO.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Other than having to come off for medical reasons, I,e, prostate cancer or heart problems, blood becoming too thick just for example, does not make any sense to discontinue. Some people simply cannot afford it but personally I would cut a lot of fat out elsewhere before I cut out my TRT.
    Several yrs back I questioned if I wanted to pin the rest of my life. However, I believe absolute best case scenario would be to recover your pre-TRT levels if you stop. If you were placed on for legitimate reasons just think how you felt??? What would the point of returning to "feeling like shit" accomplish?

So what that we don't produce naterally anymore, who cares??? Just my viewpoint.

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox
    This is not completely correct. As BioActive said, hCG will stimulate the Leydig cells in the testes, but it is highly unlikely to the level they produced testosterone before TRT. Again, the question is - what would be the purpose of stopping TRT once you have been on it for two years? Completely illogical, IMO.
    I meant they'd have to be restarted with something like clomid to get functionality back but your point is a good one that always makes me wonder. Why if you feel good with trt would you stop? I never will and I'm still not fully dialed in yet still working on getting test higher without too much estrogen. Now I'm trying to find middle ground of more test and anastrozole. I still feel way better than when I began and I'd never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    Other than having to come off for medical reasons, I,e, prostate cancer or heart problems, blood becoming too thick just for example, does not make any sense to discontinue. Some people simply cannot afford it but personally I would cut a lot of fat out elsewhere before I cut out my TRT.
    Several yrs back I questioned if I wanted to pin the rest of my life. However, I believe absolute best case scenario would be to recover your pre-TRT levels if you stop. If you were placed on for legitimate reasons just think how you felt??? What would the point of returning to "feeling like shit" accomplish?

So what that we don't produce naterally anymore, who cares??? Just my viewpoint.
    A very sensible viewpoint, IMO.

Thread Information