Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By tempest818

Thread: Vanity: Can it kill you?

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member

Vanity: Can it kill you?

I'm pretty certain that vanity is a subject of interest for every man (or woman) on this forum. I've been learning some very hard lessons about this subject recently - particularly as it relates to the substances we put into our bodies to make us look and feel better and younger.

I'll just say this: If you are a man over 50, I'd advise you be very prudent and thoughtful about what you plan on putting into your body. As we age, our chances of getting cancer - in various forms - increases. Anything that increases the levels of GH in the body is like giving cancer cells steroids and their growth in the body accelerates tremendously. As many know, Testosterone has a similar effect on some forms of prostate cancer.

So if you are approaching your "senior" years, I'd recommend you keep in close contact with a urologist to screen for any possible problems. At a minimum get blood work and a urinalysis done twice a year. If you are the senior category, or have a family history of cancer, I'd strongly suggest a yearly cystoscopy. Bladder cancer has an inescapable environmental link. Former or present smokers are at highest risk. And our water supply. Need I say more?

I attribute my own vanity - and use of GHRPs - to the degree my present cancer has progressed. And it will change my future life dramatically. I hope I can save others here from a similar future.

Some of you have read through this thread that gives some information on what I have been going through recently.

http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...eriod-com.html

Be well. Be careful.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 02-06-2016 at 04:40 PM.
    Mr.BB and InternalFire like this.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    I read your other post and im glad youre doing okay. It may or may not be reasonable to attribute some of it to what you have put inside your body since im not a doctor, and it easy for someone like me to say this, but youre alive and doing what you love to do. I can only imagine what youre going through, but at the same time i hate to see anyone doubt their achievements (not to imply you are or arent). Afterall, what are we without them. Nothing. Whats done is done, goals have been set and crushed, and in the end you have your achievements to show for. Dont let cancer take that away from you. Wish you the best of luck !
    InternalFire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest818 View Post
    I read your other post and im glad youre doing okay. It may or may not be reasonable to attribute some of it to what you have put inside your body since im not a doctor, and it easy for someone like me to say this, but youre alive and doing what you love to do. I can only imagine what youre going through, but at the same time i hate to see anyone doubt their achievements (not to imply you are or arent). Afterall, what are we without them. Nothing. Whats done is done, goals have been set and crushed, and in the end you have your achievements to show for. Dont let cancer take that away from you. Wish you the best of luck !
    Thank you for your kind wishes and encouragement.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Best of luck Sox, but I was under the impression that elevated estrogen was the catalyst for prostate cancer, common as we age.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Best of luck Sox, but I was under the impression that elevated estrogen was the catalyst for prostate cancer, common as we age.
    It may well have some influence. Just found this after you mentioned it.
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/742985

We all know that genetics and the environment are the main causal factors in cancer. Read any article about what our hero first responders are going through since 9/11 and it will become crystal clear. Bladder cancer, which is my issue, is linked directly to environmental factors. I smoked for 5 years as a teen and quit. Then I went to work in the night club business for 15 years before the No Smoking signs. Forty hours a week, for 15 years, inhaling second hand smoke, I'm sure, had something to do with this. Even though the last job I worked was over 35 years ago, the harm was already done. Whatever the case, it is what it is - as they say.

The greatest risk for prostate cancer is getting older. Heredity plays a part as well. And in most cases, the first course of action is to leave it alone because it progresses so slowly that the patient dies of old age or some other disease before any harm is done. But testosterone does feed forms of prostate cancer and I can't give you any details about this other than what I'm experiencing. My bladder cancer has spread into the prostate, but it's not prostate cancer. My PSA is 3.25 and I'm still written scripts for T.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 02-09-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Thread Information