little air bubble in syringe or no bubbles when injecting..

So im pretty new to injecting and wanted to know if any users find it beneficial to leave a small bubble at the end of the plunger so when you inject you get all of the t plus a small bubble... or do you take all bubbles out and inject the t this way? im reading a book by Nelson Vergel called, "Testosterone ; a man's guide"... and he states to leave a small air bubble.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not a big deal either way. But it's best to get the bubble AFTER you fill the syringe, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Not a big deal either way. But it's best to get the bubble AFTER you fill the syringe, for obvious reasons.
    hey 2sox, which way do u do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Keep_It_Moving View Post
    hey 2sox, which way do u do it?

I make a great effort to keep out the air when I'm drawing the material into the syringe. After I draw my hCG which helps with that effort, I draw up my T in the same syringe. Then I'll pull in a little air if I'm in the mood. This of course is for SQ injections

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    its good practise to avoid air bubbles , but using a 27-29g syringe leaves hardly any oil in the needle worth caring bout.

1. its not really a concern when administering SUBQ. ( AS LONG AS YOU DON'T INJECT INTO A VEIN) otherwise- nice knowing ya! - but this eventuality is virtually non existent when injecting SUBq
    2. If you go IM, its a matter of time before you hit a vein, hence why it's MANDATORY- to aspirate and check for blood in the syringe.

i too leave a small bubble because i SUBQ and find its less of a chore than to IM, but i leave the bubble as small as i can. one drop here or there isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    its good practise to avoid air bubbles , but using a 27-29g syringe leaves hardly any oil in the needle worth caring bout.

1. its not really a concern when administering SUBQ. ( AS LONG AS YOU DON'T INJECT INTO A VEIN) otherwise- nice knowing ya! - but this eventuality is virtually non existent when injecting SUBq
    2. If you go IM, its a matter of time before you hit a vein, hence why it's MANDATORY- to aspirate and check for blood in the syringe.

i too leave a small bubble because i SUBQ and find its less of a chore than to IM, but i leave the bubble as small as i can. one drop here or there isn't a big deal.

for an im injection would u recommend nothing bigger than .02ml of air to push the medicine through?

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It takes like 2cc of air injected directly into a vein to cause an issue. I always have some air to help push out all the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    It takes like 2cc of air injected directly into a vein to cause an issue. I always have some air to help push out all the oil.

thats what i want to try and do... can u explain how u get it so there is some air in the syringe to push out all the medication? thanks!

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep_It_Moving View Post
    thats what i want to try and do... can u explain how u get it so there is some air in the syringe to push out all the medication? thanks!
    air rises to the top.
    hold your needle point downwards.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep_It_Moving
    draw your oil. Then pull a little bit of air I to the syringe. The air will follow the oil

global-illuminati is offline New Member
    Why not just buy syringes with the nipple in the middle of the plunger/stopper? Don't think they cost any more than the 'flat head' type. If they do its only by pennies...at least that's what i seem to recall from my past receipts. Plus you get all medicine out besides what is in the needle and there is no risk of giving yourself an embolism.

Quote Originally Posted by global-illuminati View Post
    Why not just buy syringes with the nipple in the middle of the plunger/stopper? Don't think they cost any more than the 'flat head' type. If they do its only by pennies...at least that's what i seem to recall from my past receipts. Plus you get all medicine out besides what is in the needle and there is no risk of giving yourself an embolism.
    Nipple? Things are starting to sound strange.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    I try to get all the air out of the syringe, not because it's a health issue (you need a LOT more air than that for an embolism), but because of the very small volumes I inject on a daily schedule (0.05-0.1 mL). The air could affect the measured volume. Agree with a previous comment that if you are using an insulin syringe, the amount of fluid left in the needle is insignificant, so pushing air through at the end is not necessary.

juggs is offline New Member
    I've used the kind with the nipple in the past, and prefer that, because it forces out all the oil in the base of the needle. I use 23g needles, and the amount of test wasted without air or nipple is nontrivial if you're trying to get every bit out of your therapy that you can. For my first 10 weeks of TRT I came up half a week (one whole injection) short due to wasted oil. Now I either use the kind with the nipple or I use a little air bubble and inject straight down, keeping the air bubble on top.

Quote Originally Posted by juggs View Post
    I've used the kind with the nipple in the past, and prefer that, because it forces out all the oil in the base of the needle. I use 23g needles, and the amount of test wasted without air or nipple is nontrivial if you're trying to get every bit out of your therapy that you can. For my first 10 weeks of TRT I came up half a week (one whole injection) short due to wasted oil. Now I either use the kind with the nipple or I use a little air bubble and inject straight down, keeping the air bubble on top.
    this is some good information. thanks for sharing.

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    i draw with a 22g needle, inject with a 25g...i pull all
    oil into syringe, just before i push oil into the needle
    i tilt it needle down, air rises and its against the plunger,
    after i exasperate and good to go, i push it through,
    all oil goes in and usually can hear the air push out past the needle
    through the hole

Thread Information