Sixguns is offline New Member

New trt gear bloodwork

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_6141.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	172336

Ive been kind of dehydrated the last few days due to work. Not sure if that affects the rbc and hemoglobin issues.

fossilk1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixguns View Post
    Ive been kind of dehydrated the last few days due to work. Not sure if that affects the rbc and hemoglobin issues.
    Time to donate some blood.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    Time to donate some blood.
    Have an appointment set up in 2 weeks. Been waiting for a blood drive to come to town.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixguns View Post
    Yes it does. In order to get a good picture of what's happing with your hemoglobin, you should always follow a similar pre-lab hydration regimen so you care comparing apples to apples. I've found that proper hydration (or lack thereof) can affect hemoglobin levels by over a point. This is why I think it's a bad idea to combine hemoglobin labs with lipid labs. Lipid labs must be taken in the morning while fasting. This is when you are most dehydrated and hemoglobin may appear out of range, when in fact it is simply at the upper end of the range. I always schedule my hemoglobin labs in the mid afternoon and drink about a gallon of Gatorade in the hour or so prior to the test. Doing it the same way each time allows you to compare one lab to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Yes it does. In order to get a good picture of what's happing with your hemoglobin, you should always follow a similar pre-lab hydration regimen so you care comparing apples to apples. I've found that proper hydration (or lack thereof) can affect hemoglobin levels by over a point. This is why I think it's a bad idea to combine hemoglobin labs with lipid labs. Lipid labs must be taken in the morning while fasting. This is when you are most dehydrated and hemoglobin may appear out of range, when in fact it is simply at the upper end of the range. I always schedule my hemoglobin labs in the mid afternoon and drink about a gallon of Gatorade in the hour or so prior to the test. Doing it the same way each time allows you to compare one lab to another.
    That’s not a bad idea. I’ll do that going forward.

Thread Information