Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer

Thread: TRT effect muscle training program? mainly MPS

Jonbana is offline Member

TRT effect muscle training program? mainly MPS

We all know AAS users at a high does can train each muscle once a week cause the AAS promote MPS longer than the typical 24-48 hours of a natural lifter , where a natural lifter benefits from full body 3-4 a week to keep MPS elevated in all the major muscle groups

Now when a doctor places you on TRT 150MG every 2 weeks ill probably go 75/100mg a week does this still effect MPS where you can train each muscle once a week for optimal results or should you continue to train like a natural lifter doing upper lower or full body splits 3x a week

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    The premise to your question is flawed. There are numerous studies that have proved that as long as volume per week is matched (for a natty): hypertrophy is the same across 3 day/week full body, 4 day/week split, and 5 day/week bro splits.
    Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 07-26-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Jonbana is offline Member
    Please show me these studies because training chest once a week for a natural vs 3-4 times a week has a way different effect on MPS ,

training chest once a week volume aside leaves you 3-4 days of no growth , vs training 3-4 times a week chest leavings you with zero days without growth

hense AAS users training one muscle per week

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    Please show me these studies because training chest once a week for a natural vs 3-4 times a week has a way different effect on MPS ,

training chest once a week volume aside leaves you 3-4 days of no growth , vs training 3-4 times a week chest leavings you with zero days without growth

I was just trying to help, not looking to put in actual work. Look up meta analyses on training frequency and muscle hypertrophy. You can find different trainers and experts say different things, as far as the studies go, that's the consensus on the majority of them. All that matters is volume per week. One could argue MPS takes so many days etc. but at some point if you try to pack in all the different exercises and achieve optimal volume, you will not have any rest time, you will end up over-training and lose progress.
    You can also just ask yourself, after all these decades, why do body builders do bodybuilding splits if full body is more effective? Has no one tried it? The answer usually is that a bro split is the only way to pack in enough volume per body part in one week.
    I understand why you are asking though, there are many people (such as Jim Stomppani) who is coming out and swearing by full body. But usually when you hear a trainer who has actually looked at the studies argue for it, it is because you get the same results with less work.
    I do not know how gear would effect the results though.

But thats just me! You dont know me from a hole in the wall. Believe what you would like!
    Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 07-26-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

I lied.
    I very much trust this resource. Only make statements if he can back them up with cited studies.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post

How many AAS users train one muscle group a week ? Haha a lot of guys train body parts twice a week. When usIng your body heals faster therefore you can get in more work.

When you are cruising so to speak , it would be more logical to train chest once a week maybe twice a week still .

I train each body part twice a week and I’m making some pretty good gains...

Thread Information