Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Trouble with my HRT

JohnnyBreeze is offline Junior Member

Trouble with my HRT

Hello all,

This is just my second post, but I'm in a bit of a bind. My doctor prescribed 100mg of test cyp. every week. She also prescribed some Deca , however the pharmacies around where I can fill didn't have and couldn't get any. I got some from a friend of a friend, but I have no idea how good it is. I started taking 75mg every week of it.

My problem is that after only 3 weeks or so, I dropped my bottle of test, and my doctor refuses to let me refill it until the date that it's ready. This is well over a month. I don't know about how to go on getting more, which I want as a backup in case this ever happens again. I've been reading all of the rules and some of them just seem conflicting to me. I'm not asking for a source here, however is there ever a point where you can as for a supplier? I'm trying not to break any rules because I also want to learn from all of the knowledge here. Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBreeze View Post
    Hello all,

This is just my second post, but I'm in a bit of a bind. My doctor prescribed 100mg of test cyp. every week. She also prescribed some Deca , however the pharmacies around where I can fill didn't have and couldn't get any. I got some from a friend of a friend, but I have no idea how good it is. I started taking 75mg every week of it.

My problem is that after only 3 weeks or so, I dropped my bottle of test, and my doctor refuses to let me refill it until the date that it's ready. This is well over a month. I don't know about how to go on getting more, which I want as a backup in case this ever happens again. I've been reading all of the rules and some of them just seem conflicting to me. I'm not asking for a source here, however is there ever a point where you can as for a supplier? I'm trying not to break any rules because I also want to learn from all of the knowledge here. Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks.
    No you can't post sources in the open forum. but you can private message knowledgeable for alternative sources.

Regarding the Deca….. why? It's generally not prescribed for TRT and has lots of potential nasty side-effects if not used with proper precautions, particularly to control estrogen. On the other had, E levels are difficult to control without crashing E and ending up worse than you started. Since you do not have any T now, I certainly would not use it. Deca without at least some supplemental T will drive your libido into the ground.

Personally, I'd ditch the Deca. Split the 2 dose into at least 2 injections per week using an insulin syringe (I much prefer every 3 day dosing). Check out the sticky on the first page of the forum for "Best practices in TRT." Most of what you know to get started is in the first post.

Thanks for the reply. The Deca was prescribed strictly for pain as I was run over by a truck when I was younger. Since no pharmacy could get it, my doctor was going to have it compounded into a troche where you hold it between your gums. That was insanely expensive, so I decided to try and get some from a friend's friend.

My test isn't all gone. I was able to suck up some of it and I bought some .22 micron filters. I filtered what was left over and then I heat sterilized it for 30 minutes. I'll just be running out before I can refill it. I'd also like to get some clomid, tamoxifen , and things like that.

Do I just have to wait until I have 50 posts and just start messaging people asking for suppliers? It's just really confusing.
    Last edited by JohnnyBreeze; 06-11-2019 at 12:28 PM.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    If your friend can get it, why don't you just ask him?
    Do you "drop and break" your scripts often? Odd that the doc won't let you fill it

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

It's a friend of a friend and he only comes around when he wants something, so neither I nor my friend have been able to get in touch with him since I broke it. This is the first of anything that I've been on since my early twenties (almost 20 years go). Back then I lived in an apartment with carpet, so if I dropped anything, no problem. Now I have my own house with stained concrete. The first time the bottle slipped, it broke. So no, I don't drop and break my scripts often, because this is the first script I've ever had.

The doctor won't let me refill it because it is a controlled substance and she is also a pain management doctor. After years of pain medicine my test was very low. In fact pain and pain medicine wreak havoc on your hormones. The reasoning for me not being able to refill it is because with the current climate of opiates, they don't want to risk getting into trouble with anything that is scheduled, even though it is lower than opiates.

Sent you a private message with a source that is dependable and another to avoid.

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Regarding the Deca….. why? It's generally not prescribed for TRT and has lots of potential nasty side-effects if not used with proper precautions, particularly to control estrogen.
    Not only that, but deca can interfere with the T levels measured by the labs, showing a higher number than what u actually have, so u can't dial in the protocol properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Not only that, but deca can interfere with the T levels measured by the labs, showing a higher number than what u actually have, so u can't dial in the protocol properly.
    I did not know that! I'll need to tuck that away. Thanks for sharing.
    Ephemeral likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    I did not know that! I'll need to tuck that away. Thanks for sharing.
    It can skew ECLIA values, but not LC-MS/MS.
    Ephemeral likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    It can skew ECLIA values, but not LC-MS/MS.
    Yes, that's correct. However ECLIA is cheaper and more often used, in my country I haven't found a lab that has LC-MS. So I can't even do sensitive E2.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Yes, that's correct. However ECLIA is cheaper and more often used, in my country I haven't found a lab that has LC-MS. So I can't even do sensitive E2.
    Many of the Drs. here in the US use ECLIA as well unless you can get them to code it for LC-MS/MS testing.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information