PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Questions for those that came off of TRT

My fiance and I are starting the process of trying to have a child. She just took out her IUD the other day. I've been on TRT for prob. 7 years and have been blasting and cruising twice per year for 7-12 weeks at a time. Basically a small "bulk" in the winter and a "cut" in the summer. My TRT dosage is 140mg/week and when I blast I don't go crazy. Typically 600mg/Test Prop and 200-400mg. Then Ace. I was taking HCG for the first year or two but stopped and have used it from time to time but mostly haven't been. I tried an OTC Sperm test kit and it came up negative. Going to try adding HCG and HMG in the next month and see what happens but I'm seriously considering coming off of everything to increase my odds.

Those of you that were on TRT for an extended period of time what was the process like? I remember doing PCT and feeling like garbage for a few months but obviously I'm guessing this would be worse. I'm thinking I might trickle off it and switching to Test Prop. Go from 140mg/week down to 60 or 80 for a few weeks before coming off so I'm not coming off with crazy high levels and then crashing as hard. Not sure if this would make any difference or make the process easier or harder.

When you came off how long did you feel like death? What was your overall experience? How long were you off for? What other insight can you give me. Also, if you came off for the reasons of fertility were you able to get your Significant Other pregnant? I know everyone is different but currently weighing my options at this point as it's at the earliest stage.

Imatk is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    My fiance and I are starting the process of trying to have a child. She just took out her IUD the other day. I've been on TRT for prob. 7 years and have been blasting and cruising twice per year for 7-12 weeks at a time. Basically a small "bulk" in the winter and a "cut" in the summer. My TRT dosage is 140mg/week and when I blast I don't go crazy. Typically 600mg/Test Prop and 200-400mg. Then Ace. I was taking HCG for the first year or two but stopped and have used it from time to time but mostly haven't been. I tried an OTC Sperm test kit and it came up negative. Going to try adding HCG and HMG in the next month and see what happens but I'm seriously considering coming off of everything to increase my odds.

Those of you that were on TRT for an extended period of time what was the process like? I remember doing PCT and feeling like garbage for a few months but obviously I'm guessing this would be worse. I'm thinking I might trickle off it and switching to Test Prop. Go from 140mg/week down to 60 or 80 for a few weeks before coming off so I'm not coming off with crazy high levels and then crashing as hard. Not sure if this would make any difference or make the process easier or harder.

When you came off how long did you feel like death? What was your overall experience? How long were you off for? What other insight can you give me. Also, if you came off for the reasons of fertility were you able to get your Significant Other pregnant? I know everyone is different but currently weighing my options at this point as it's at the earliest stage.
    When I went off I basically just went off which was a really bad idea. I had been on for around 5 years.

I remember I was at work and I basically just crashed. Went home and slept all day.

I was just very tired for a while, but didn't have any other really bad symptoms. But as I said I just basically stopped taking it.

My wife and I were trying to have a kid.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imatk View Post
    When I went off I basically just went off which was a really bad idea. I had been on for around 5 years.

I remember I was at work and I basically just crashed. Went home and slept all day.

I was just very tired for a while, but didn't have any other really bad symptoms. But as I said I just basically stopped taking it.

My wife and I were trying to have a kid.
    Were you able to get your wife pregnant and if you don’t mind my asking how long did it take?

xbigshot1 is offline New Member
    Older post, but I went through the same thing. TRT for 5 or 6 years and then came off to have our first child.

When I came off my sperm count was non-existent. Went to a fertility clinic and they had me blast HCG and Clomid....few months later = pregnant.

Thread Information