Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 2 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By bethdoth

Thread: How to stop HRT

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member

How to stop HRT

Long story short! I have been doing HRT for about 10 years now. I recently had an abnormal prostate exam so I went to a urologist for another to make sure. My PSA is only 1.04 but I have a nodule (hard spot) in my prostate so I have to have a biopsy. Just so I can be prepared, if it is cancer I feel I should stop my HRT since it feeds off testosterone . How would I go about maybe jump starting what little natural production I have or what would anyone suggest?

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I recently came off and running a long PCT. It's a hell ride though and I'm 7 weeks in and finally starting to feel somewhat OK. The first month was absolutely brutal where it was hard to even get up off the couch. I tapered my TRT down for a month or so before coming off. My thought was it would lessen the crash but I honestly think it just prolonged it. I have bloodwork scheduled next week so I am curious to see where my levels are at. Praying you don't have any issues with your diagnosis.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    https://www.youtube. c o m/ watch?v=ViKEiXns10U

Give this video a view. Good info for you to make an educated decision. Urologist Dr Jordan Grant is great and up to date in TRT and prostate cancer.
    Last edited by warchild; 01-12-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Are you on Finasteride? Because if you aren't, that PSA score is awesome. Do you have your free psa percentage by chance?

I think most prostate c_ncer treatments involve anti androgen treatment, though I would be willing to bet their PSA scores are in double digits. Saying all that to say that I don't know if you in particular would benefit from coming off. Note that I'm not a doctor, but have had some prostate issues. To me, it just doesn't logically follow that you have a lot of prostate growth with that psa.

Technically, I think DHT is the prime suspect in prostate issues, not testosterone. Do you know your DHT numbers? Over time would be good to see.
    I am not on Finasteride, have never checked my DHT numbers. The hard time getting the urine flowing and weak stream is my only noticeable problem other than the hard spot in my prostate. It's enlarged and has been for about 5 years. But the doc said it was overall small? when discussing how many snips they would take he said probably 12 in your case since your prostate is small???

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Uggggggh,

My #1 fear - don’t know what’s worse, prostate issues or my head exploding

OP, How old r u?

Sorry I havn't been back on for awhile. My wifes mother passed away and we have been busy. Samson I will be 60 in July.
    lovbyts likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    Sorry I havn't been back on for awhile. My wifes mother passed away and we have been busy. Samson I will be 60 in July.
    Sorry to hear,

60 - boy that seems long away, until u get there. . . Thought I’d ask. . . I’m all into my own medical shit now after what happened to me.

GL man, I was just talking to another older guy(57) about his prostate/biopsy - made me stfu real quick
    lovbyts likes this.

Good news! The Doc took 16 fricking snips of my prostate and sent them out to the lab! Results came back negative, not a single cancer cell. I guess it's time to run a cycle LOL. No really it's time to make sure i do have an exit strategy if needed.
    Cylon357 and wango like this.

Richard Head is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Glad you got good news.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good news! The Doc took 16 fricking snips of my prostate and sent them out to the lab! Results came back negative, not a single cancer cell. I guess it's time to run a cycle LOL. No really it's time to make sure i do have an exit strategy if needed.
    Shoot man, glad to hear it. Just maintain a nice healthy T level for a while and see how it treats you. It sounds like you are in a good place!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Shoot man, glad to hear it. Just maintain a nice healthy T level for a while and see how it treats you. It sounds like you are in a good place!
    Ya my total T levels are generally close to 900 lately even on just 65mg subq every 3 days.
    almostgone likes this.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Are you on tamsulosin (Flomax)? I can tell you that it has really helped me out with taking a piss. Stuff is cheap and easy to get an RX.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Heck yeah, man! That is awesome!

How big a deal was the procedure? Did they go trans-uretheral or ? (Because they would have to knock me out for THAT! :O )
    Hahaha no transuretheral. It really isn't as bad as what I had heard. It's uncomfortable, but not painful.

Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Are you on tamsulosin (Flomax)? I can tell you that it has really helped me out with taking a piss. Stuff is cheap and easy to get an RX.
    I'm not on Tamsulosin. I just looked at it and the sides look pretty bad? Any side effects?

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats on the great news young fella!

tootallshorty is offline Junior Member
    Man thats great. I know that had to be scary af! My dad had prostrate cancer so its definitely something I have to keep a close eye on.

Thread Information