Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By fossilk1

Thread: Mental health - TRT or lockdown

Jedi1337 is offline Junior Member

Mental health - TRT or lockdown

hi all

Been on TRT for approx 4 years. Suffered from depression before i went on and never felt it since... until recently - depression, anxiety, and mild paranoia.

This has of course coincided with lockdown and trying to tease out what is causing it is impossible. I've also got low motivation to do much whereas previously on Test i was action man.

Anyone else experienced this as a side effect of long term T use or have felt it during lockdown?

Regards

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    For the timebeing I think it's a suitable assertion to say that this dip is caused by lockdown.

I'm doing my best to keep myself sane until lockdown ends on 1st April; I've made weights out of a broom handle and bottles of water, running 5km four days a week, spending hours per week walking around town getting a coffee from every coffee shop I walk by (coz there isn't much else I can do), watching a DVD movie in the evening every single day.

Depression, anxiety and mild paranoia really are the beginnings of a person becoming miserable. If ignored it will lead into fatigue, difficulty getting out of the bed in the morning, feeling stale throughout the day, and going to be dreading facing another day. You should stop that shit from happening.

If going for long walks (e.g. 45 mins - 90 mins) isn't helping much then I'd consider getting a low dose of an SSRI off a doctor just to take the edge off until the end of lockdown (e.g. Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro).

I don't know if you're part of a church or if you go meditate in a temple once in a while but some people are taking benefit from engaging more with these things during, some people are reading the bible more. Also apps like 'Headspace' are becoming more popular, and websites like rainymood.com.

Back when I was struggling if I had a particularly bad day I would go for a 20-mile walk (it took me about 6 hours). I was so exhausted after it that I didn't have the energy for negative thoughts. I also chanted with my beads as I walked.
    almostgone likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    No

My depression hit when I nearly died from a brain hemorrhage

You’ll b fine - focus on life

fossilk1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi1337 View Post
    hi all

Been on TRT for approx 4 years. Suffered from depression before i went on and never felt it since... until recently - depression, anxiety, and mild paranoia.

This has of course coincided with lockdown and trying to tease out what is causing it is impossible. I've also got low motivation to do much whereas previously on Test i was action man.

Anyone else experienced this as a side effect of long term T use or have felt it during lockdown?

Regards
    Just remember you are not alone, and there are people out there that so care about you.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Thread Information