Thread: TRT in England?

soletrader is offline New Member

TRT in England?

Hi everyone,
    Just want to know if anyone from England is having TRT? I am 54 and think i am a candidate for it. I have been to the docs for tests and took a copy of the info from the board with me and the doc promised to keep an open mind and read it.
    I had a fasting blood test to check my liver function,cholesterol ( i had high chol from a cycle of M1-T, which i told my doc about) and a testosterone test.
    My results are just in and the chol is back down to 4 (OK),my prostate is fine, my liver function is fine and my test result gave a figure of 30!
    I do not know if this is Ok as i do not have a standard to work from.Anyone have any idea?
    My doc does not want to see me again according to his nurse! It seems he has forgotten about our last conversation.He is at present at a conference but i can speak to him on the phone next week. If anyone can clue me in as to what info i need to ask him i would be most grateful.
    soletrader

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soletrader
    Hi everyone,
    Just want to know if anyone from England is having TRT? I am 54 and think i am a candidate for it. I have been to the docs for tests and took a copy of the info from the board with me and the doc promised to keep an open mind and read it.
    I had a fasting blood test to check my liver function,cholesterol ( i had high chol from a cycle of M1-T, which i told my doc about) and a testosterone test.
    My results are just in and the chol is back down to 4 (OK),my prostate is fine, my liver function is fine and my test result gave a figure of 30!
    I do not know if this is Ok as i do not have a standard to work from.Anyone have any idea?
    My doc does not want to see me again according to his nurse! It seems he has forgotten about our last conversation.He is at present at a conference but i can speak to him on the phone next week. If anyone can clue me in as to what info i need to ask him i would be most grateful.
    soletrader
    For TRT, my doctor looked at:

Total Testosterone (range 260-1000 ng/dL)
    % Free testsoterone (range 1.0- 2.7)
    Free Testosterone (range 50-210)
    PSA (total) (> or = to 4.0 ng/mL)

Looks like your free test is 30 making you a marvelous candidate for TRT. It would be a no brainer in the States IF your PSA is in range.

The results of the blood test is about 2 1/2 pages, PM me if you want a copy for reference.

Thread Information