jwtex is offline New Member

Question Any Prohibitions for HRT with Coronary Artery Disease?

HRT and coronary artery disease

Are there any prohibitions to being on HRT with CAD? I am one of those unlucky bros who has no Life style risk for CAD but just had an angioplasty and a drug-eluting stent procedure for a 95% blocked artery. I have always worked out, never smoked a cigarette in my life, maintain proper weight, done cardio, have eaten a clean diet since the early eighties, (I ‘m from the South so my diet until my early 30’s had a lot of fried food and fats) have never done AAS and maintained great HDL/LDL ratios with niacin. My HDL’s have always been in the high 70’ low 80,s. My total cholesterol was in the 200-215 range with LDL less than 120 most of the time. . I had one reading of Total 255, HDL 77 and LDL 152 which was in 1999 but generally in the range above. I started receiving BP medicine in 1999 for slightly elevated BP and maintained BP at 118/70 with Zestril 2.5mg. I went to Cooper Clinic in January of 2000 for my annual physical and I had a Electron Beam Tomography Body Scan and it found I had calcified atherosclerotic plaque in the coronary arteries. I had a calcium score of 1,019 which put me in the 95% range for coronary artery disease.. Cooper then preformed a Thallium Study stress test which showed no blockage or exercise angina. Cooper put me on Lipitor 10mg to lower my LDL below 100.

I started HRT in December of 2000 with an local anti aging doctor and have never felt better in my life. We are using SWALE's HCG protocol with ½ cc 200 Depo Test. I started to notice some shortness of breath during cardio about a year ago. My BP started to elevate during the year and my family doctor gave me a stress test which I passed so we increased my BP meds to 20mg. My shortness of breath continued and my family doctor sent me to a cardiologist. I had a Thallium Stress Test which I flunked. They then preformed a Cardiac catheterization which showed the 95% blockage and they did the angioplasty and a drug-eluting stent procedure. My question is can I continue my HRT and if so, do I need to do anything different, or take any special precautions or measures.

darmadoc is offline Member
    This sounds like something you need to discuss with your current doctors. However, I can not see why maintaining a normal testosterone level would be contraindicated by what has happened.

jwtex is offline New Member
    darmadoc

Thanks for the input. Since I made this post I have talked to my Doc and Swale and both have given me a number of studies that indicate HRT is one of the BEST things I can do for someone with CAD. Again, thanks for the input.

scotty082865 is offline Junior Member
    Keep us posted bro. And good luck.

Thread Information