Thread: Androderm

luke77 is offline New Member

Androderm

Hey everyone,
    I started androderm patch about 2 weeks ago, and I just got bumped up to 10 mg/day (2 patches) after my levels were still low. I’m real unfamiliar with trt and I have been reading through the group and learning a lot. I have one question – when you go on trt is it possible to both gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? This study from medline (posted at the end of this message) seems to show that it is possible. But I thought it was pretty much impossible to both gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously without using major steroids – that’s why bodybuilders go on bulk/cut cycles. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
    Luke

Effects of testosterone replacement on muscle mass and muscle protein synthesis in hypogonadal men: a clinical research center study — I.G. Brodsky et al. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 1996; 81(10):3469-3475.
    Researchers measured body composition and muscle protein synthesis in five men with low testosterone before and six months after beginning testosterone replacement therapy. After testosterone therapy , all five men showed an increase in fat-free mass, a decrease in fat mass and an increase in muscle mass (65 percent of the increase in fat-free mass could be attributed to increased muscle mass). The scientists also found that the increased muscle mass was caused by the ability of testosterone to stimulate muscle protein synthesis. (Design of Study: Hypogonadal men before and during testosterone treatment; not a controlled study.)

AAJB is offline New Member
    I have been on trt for over a year, and I have gained muscle mass and lost fat, but not really at the same time. Unless you have never worked out before, I think that losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time is near impossible. But everyone one is different, and what is possible for one to do may or may not be possible for another. I have gained muscle and lost fat, by putting my focus on one at a time, first muscle and then fat loss. I am sure that there are others on the board that have much more experience than I and can answer this question better for you.

Thread Information