1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

HRT and having children?

I'm not looking at HRT just yet, but my dad has been on for some time now, hes 50 and started just after 40 (patch not IM). According to him, hes had virtualy the same low libido since his late 20s - early 30s and wishes he had started HRT sooner but like most never knew of its existance until he changed doctors to one that highly endorses it to all his patients.

So heres where I come in, I've had my own tests done, before and after each of my cycles. I always bounce back 100% but 100% for me isn't that great, on the lab results I remember the "normal" range for total testosterone to be 250 ng/dL - 1200 ng/dL and my tests fell between 375-425 ng /dL (done 3 of them now).. I'm just turning 24 in May I'm supposed to be in my prime here!

AAS does not seem to be affecting it, its not dropping at all post-cycle but if it does naturaly or otherwise in the future would it be wise to start HRT in my late 20s if its needed? I do want to have children very much but not until I'm in my early 30s, I want to travel, secure a good job, etc. Have any of you successfully been able to have children after temporarily coming off of multiple years of HRT?

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member
    Bumo for reply...i'd like to know the answer to this also.

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    Well, this is more of an opinion than fact, but my understanding is that genuine HRT (i.e., something around 100-200ml per week of test) will not permanently affect your ability to have kids. You do it for 10 weeks and then do PCT for a month, then go back on.

But why not talk to the enlightened doc your dad sees and ask him? A few ad hoc responses here probably won't help you much.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm asking here because I'm sure theres someone whos on HRT here that has tried and either been successful or unsuccessful. I'd rather go by real experiances than text book answers.

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    It's your body but let's say you get 4 people who respond of which 2 have had problems conceiving later. How do you know that the 2 didn't already have problems conceiving? Did the HRT cause it? How do you know that the 4 are representative? If you ask whether anyone has gotten cancer from smoking, and 4 people respond, it's perfectly possible that all 4 will say no.

Real experiences of thousands of men taking HRT under doctor's supervision is going to be more reliable information.

jwtex is offline New Member
    Check this thread. www.forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=149160

I have been on HRT for 4 years and my wife is 5.5 months with child. So in my case the answers is yes you can have children while on HRT.
    Last edited by jwtex; 02-27-2005 at 01:46 PM.

Thread Information