Teufelhunden is offline New Member

Looking for advice, a fresh start..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, start off with life story lol.....
    specs...
    I am 5'10
    250 and need to loose fat and get my muscle back up, I do not look bad but not great either.

After all the medical stuff I went through this year, I am now looking to start getting back into shape again.
    I had a bout of kidnet stones this year and also had a nast cse of Epidimitus.
    Well the short of it I am now on Testosterone Cypionate for life. after 4 months in I have a big increase in mood and energy and libido, so far it is pretty cool and I do not mind the injections. I started out in office getting 400 mg once a month, then asked if I could self inject at home, doc said ok, now I changed it to 200 mg every 2 weeks cause after investigation found that it was not lasting in my system for a whole month, 2 injections down this month feel a bit better than the 2 ml once a month. When I got my first injection my nipples started itching then aching like crazy, I got a Arimidex scrip from the Urologist and that seemed to take care of it, and it was a good think I knew the function of it cause he siad he was not too sure what it would do to me lol. when I started it the bottle said 1 mg a day {1 pill} and it made me feel after 3 days like Iw as getting the flu, nautious, flushinng and heart rate felt a bit high, and since I take BP med I reduced it after investigation to 1/4 tab evey 3 days, seemed to do the trick.

Ok here are my questions about this situation.

1. I am on 200 mg every 2 weeks by injection. I had some Androderm patches so I was rubbing the gel into my wrists 2.5 mg for a week last week to see what happened, I felt even better!!!! and felt harder, do I possibly need more test monthly to get into a higher normal range? or does test just do that in higher doesages? I do not know my numbers and doc is having me in for lab work in a month. I asked him "oh to test my testosterone levels " he told me " I am not too concerned with that, I want to keep an eye on your liver enzymes". My guess is that I am on it for life so I will make the best of it.

2. I bumped my Arimidex to 1/2 tab every 3 days, but this week am not sure if I had the flu, or it was the Arimidex making me sick?
    I was watching tv and my legs and lower back were aching, I went to bed an hour later and woke up was litterally in pain all over, sweating but could not get warm enough, I got no sleep that night. The next 3 days I slept constantly and had a persisitant headache, but no stomache symptoms so am not sure if it was the flu or too much Arimidex? felt like when I was on a whole tab a day bot 100% worse, feeling better today but still not "on" .
    What would be a good doese for this drug, as I do know estrogen is higher when fat?

thanks guys I appreciate the feed back, and hello to all from Testosterone nation ...
    Teufelhunden

Kroms_laugh is offline New Member
    Semper Fi, Devil Dog! I was just processed for discharge from the Marines because of my hypogonadism.

Okay... it's not that you need to keep increasing your dose. That great feeling you get is the steady increase in the level of androgen in your body. However, the use of consistantly high androgens can actually make you feel worse, so stick with your regular protocol. You may consider adding hCG ... as that stuff will make you feel like a teenage stud... 10feet tall and bullet proof!

As for the AI... I don't even want to suggest a starting dose, because too much AI and effect things negatively in horrible ways... as you've experienced. Get up with your doc on this, bro.

Semper Fi.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Bro HRT doses are commonly set at 100mg Test E every week. You are gyno prone from the sound of it so I would do .25mg (1/4 tab) Arimidex twice a week. Do that for a month and then get your Test and estradiol levels checked via a blood test to see how you are going. I am 50 and on 60mg Test E a week and I am way ove r the top of the range. You should get your levels check at least every three months from now on.
    By the way, change Doctors, your is an idiot. How could he give you Test when he doesnt even know your levels ? And also Test will have almost no impact on your liver either.

Kroms_laugh is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Bro HRT doses are commonly set at 100mg Test E every week. You are gyno prone from the sound of it so I would do .25mg (1/4 tab) Arimidex twice a week. Do that for a month and then get your Test and estradiol levels checked via a blood test to see how you are going. I am 50 and on 60mg Test E a week and I am way ove r the top of the range. You should get your levels check at least every three months from now on.
    bump to this advice

Everyone responds differently to these drugs. I'm on 200mg/week and that puts me in the upper quartile of the 'normal' range.

BTW, Kale... you look great for 50! Good job, bro. I've got mad respect for veteran bodybuilders, my grandfather and father are both bodybuilders.

With respect,
    Kroms

Thread Information