Milestone is offline Junior Member

Test Prop for HRT need some answers

Hi Guys , I have been put on HRT now for the last 4 months with close monitoring of blood test and finally Im now using 350mg Test prop per week ???? I havent got anything else at the moment besides sust and the weeky injections of Sust bloated me and gave plenty pimples etc so I changed , since on prop daily everything has normalised , Im also on 20mg day Nolvedex and 200mg DHEA ,now how do I feel perfect no problems last weeks blood test were perferct the Doctor say I should stick to this for the next 6 months , now my concerns is I have Testical shrinkage , and wondering if I should add HCG to the mix to alleviate this Im not to worried about it but for long term would like to know if advisable , also another concern is I seem to be on a very high test per week , is this too much as the normal seems to be around 200-250 mg per week I read , and will this have a longer term problem for me , any advise will be greatly appreciated.

bump for some answers

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    if your doc put you on that i think he know's what he is doing maybe 350mg is a bit high but if your feeling fine stay with it for 6 month and see how you are

i woulden't take HCG just for ball shrinkage your on HRT for a reason you don't need hcg because you have low test level's anyway and you will more than likely be on HRT for life now

Thanks for the imput stocky !! what do you think of keeping the Prop going for next 6 months , maybe will try a long single ester when things settle down a bit Im not sure why I had such a reaction with the sust , daily shots are fine at the moment but will have to sort something out with it for long term , and I thought a bit of HCg weekly in the mix would help the nuts for appearance if anything ?? , dont like the small nut idea but I surpose Ill have to get used to the idea without HCG.
    is there any problem using it ???

cheers

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Milestone
    Thanks for the imput stocky !! what do you think of keeping the Prop going for next 6 months , maybe will try a long single ester when things settle down a bit Im not sure why I had such a reaction with the sust , daily shots are fine at the moment but will have to sort something out with it for long term , and I thought a bit of HCg weekly in the mix would help the nuts for appearance if anything ?? , dont like the small nut idea but I surpose Ill have to get used to the idea without HCG.
    is there any problem using it ???

cheers

i don't know about any problem using hcg but why not have small nut's ?? dose it really matter i could understand if it was your manhood

try test cyp i think that's what most people get put on when on HRT

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Doc have you shooting prop everyday? Just curious, becuase most Docs would shy from asking a patient to do that. Also, some HRT Docs will give clomid every 8-10 weeks for 12 days to bring the boys back!

Good luck, MJ

Thanks for the imput , Guys Ive got a good Endo and and laws and rules are not so much a problem so I actually told the Endo I switched to Prop because of the Sust reactions , he wasnt worried about this at all and even said that to continue as my levels we good , he never mentioned about the 2 weeks of Clomid after 8-10 weeks though sort of say stay on for the next 6 months till next checkup , what advantage will 2 weeks on clomid have for me ?? thanks for the imput fellas !!!!!!!!!

Another question here if I was to change to Test cyp then at what doses should I try as what I read is that 100mg of Test Cyp is only really 70mg in effect ????? so is actually 100mg Prop really 100mg of Test.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Hate to be the odd man out, but I would use hcg periodically to keep the boys happy.

Teufelhunden is offline New Member
    Really though if you are on HRT for life like me, does it really matter that your nuts shrink? you are still getting the end all Testosterone Does notmatter to me as long as I feel better and get my muscle and energy back that is all that counts to me.
    Teufelhunden

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Milestone
    Another question here if I was to change to Test cyp then at what doses should I try as what I read is that 100mg of Test Cyp is only really 70mg in effect ????? so is actually 100mg Prop really 100mg of Test.
    Yes you have the right idea, but you need not worry about it. The prop ester also takes up molecular weight, but a little less than the cyp ester. There is really no reason to worry about the ester weight, if you need to up the dose then do it, dont get caught up in how much pure test you are actually getting per mg.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
    Really though if you are on HRT for life like me, does it really matter that your nuts shrink? you are still getting the end all Testosterone Does notmatter to me as long as I feel better and get my muscle and energy back that is all that counts to me.
    Teufelhunden
    I am just kind of used to having the boys around.

Kroms_laugh is offline New Member
    Saying that 350mg/week is a 'bit' high is the understatement of the century. That is insane for HRT.

Prop has a half-life of 4.5 days, so you're looking at EOD injections. Since AACE approved (weekly) protocols are in the range of 100mg-150mg, you'd be doing less than .5 ml's EOD.

Now I can see the appeal in using prop for HRT as your levels are more constant, but SWALE's TRT + hCG protocol negates the need for as many injections;
    Day 1: 125mg (hypothetical) testosterone cypionate (or enanthate )
    Day 6: 250iu's hCG
    Day 7: 250iu's hCG

Since the longer esters (cypionate and enanthate) last longer in the body (are consumed or metabolized at slower rates), you'd only need that hCG 'pick-me-up' the last two days before your next shot.

This ensures that your highs are not TOO high and that your levels stay consistant throughout.

Best of luck to you.

Damn... prop EOD shots for the rest of your life? lol... that sucks... my prayers are with you.

Best regards,
    Kroms

Thread Information