Ruger is offline New Member

Unhappy Low LH, Normal Test, & Young!?

I am in search of help right now before I get depressed worrying about my issue anymore and make things worse.

To start, I am 28, 185lbs, 5’10”, BF 20-25%? (my guess). I work out with weights 4 days a week (7 yrs w/no large breaks), cardio on/off during that time – currently run 2miles pretty intensely in the evening 4 days a wk.

This all started with trying to have a baby. Over a year went by and nothing happened. After my wife was thoroughly checked, they turned to me. To begin, they said my sperm count was low and motility poor (3 days since sex). That brought me to another round of tests. This time however, they said that my count was low normal and with good motility and morph (twice the duration of abstinence (6days) before test (made the difference?)). My test levels they say were normal but at 450ug/DL. FSH was normal. LH was LOW. At the this point, the urologist told me that maybe I should see a Endo about LH and that I had to be taking exogenous Test somehow to support a normal level with it low. I AM NOT. Things I did notice the pass couple of years… My sex drive during the evening has totally withered away. I am just so tired and lethargic that I want to sleep (even though I still force myself to get things done around the house). (Libido is still great however.) I noticed a slight physique change - I am not in as good a shape as I should be for what I do. Also, I love the gym but the motivation isn’t great anymore. I still do what I need to do but find myself yawning the whole damn time between sets. (As opposed to how I used to feel – sweating and hyped up.) My thoughts on this are maybe that my test IS low compared to my baseline norm for my own body. Thoughts???

I little recent history…Around six months ago, I did take 3 wks of superdrol. 20mg/day for the first wk. 40mg ED for the second two. This was followed by clen 100ugED, clomid (300mg 1st day, 200 next few, the 100mg for 4wks), and nolva (40mgED weeks1-2, 20mg weeks 2-4). This PCT I would think was overkill, but never the less should have been effective. Maybe the PCT gear wasn’t legit? It was liquid research from a company well know to this forum. With the possibility of illegitimate gear, wouldn’t I normalize within 6mnth never having beaten my body up with multiple heavy cycles in the past?
    2mnths ago for 4wks I also took Trib, Maca, Yohimbine, Long Jack, Bark (Ejaculoid). This was ended over a month before my testing however. My diet is average and sometimes better than average. I do have 6-8 bottles of beer one day on the weekend with a buddy usually. (I cut back a lot like 4mnths ago).

What are thoughts out there??? A lot of these doctors don’t seem educated enough in this and many endos are busy with the mainstream diseases. It also takes months! Please, educated responses would be appreciated.

toc67guru is offline Associate Member
    i would tend to agree with you that your test levels although within 'normal range' are towards low end of normal for your age this would also explain your low LH levels.

i had a recent appointment with an endo in the UK,my second in fact.the first endo was a complete KNOB,he did not beleive in ANDROPAUSE or male TRT unless you were off the scale.the second endo was prepared to help even though i was low end of NORMAL as i was experiencing hypogonadal symptoms,he felt the normal range was very wide and as you suggest 450ng/dl although normal may not be high enough for you.
    you could try a repeated PCT to see if you can raise your levels before resorting to a lifetime of TRT.

what were your LH levels,also post normal range?

Mobligator is offline Associate Member
    Ruger,

I agree with to67guru on your test levels being normal and most likely why your LH is low. Your LH regulates your testosterone levlel however it is the FSH that regulate your sperm levels. If your FSH, "Follicle Stimulating Hormone" was low that might explain your sperm problem but since it is normal it might be a testicular problem. You might be over doing the exercise and wearing yourself down. Four days lifting weights and running 2 miles 4 days is a lot of working out. Lifting weights alone takes more out of your body than most people realize, esp. if you work close to 80-90 percent on your lifts. They now know it takes a good 48 hrs of rest from a work out of any muscle group if it has been worked in the 80-90 percent range. e.g if you had performed a bench press work out on Monday doing 90 percent of your max, those muscles wont' fully recover for at least 48 hours, maybe even as long as 72 hrs. Any strenuous exercise done consistantly will affect your hormones. Weight lifting usually increases your testosterone but I don't know what affect running has on it. I'd suggest taking more time to recover with the weights. I'm not as knowledgeable about running but I've heard that women who do long distance running have actually stopped having their periods. Consider that you might be getting burned out.

balin is offline Junior Member
    From my reading and personal experience, endurance work lowers hormone levels much more then lifting. And can take a very long time to recover from.

Ruger is offline New Member
    Thanks for your replies. I always liked to work out hard and intense. It stinks that maybe it would be doing more bad than good.

vermin is offline Member
    Did you get your estrogen checked? 450 test with 15 estro is very different from 450 test with 50 estro....

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vermin
    Did you get your estrogen checked? 450 test with 15 estro is very different from 450 test with 50 estro....
    Right on. The ratio is important. To much estro and you feel like sh!t.

Thread Information