TOOBAD is offline Associate Member

Poll: How long have you been on HRT?

I have been reading this forum for a few months now and I always hear about guys who just started their HRT or want to start HRT soon. I also hear about guys who started HRT and then decided to give it up for a while for whatever reasons. I am interested to see how many guys are on HRT and how long they have been on it. Also a quick summary of what you have tried, likes and dislikes or anything else you might want to add. I'll go first...

I am 30 y.o. old and I have been on HRT for about 4 months. After a lab test showed my test level at 140, my endo started me out on Testim for a couple of months and it wasn't working to well so he switched me to injections. He wanted me to do 50mg/wk but I have increased it to 50mg/ twice a week. I love HRT but I really think I need to take a break for a while but I am afraid of the side effects from when you come off of it (eg. depression, lathargic feeling, ed and loss of libido). My last lab test came back around 580.

And just for a little extra information, when I started I weighed about 145lbs and now I weigh a solid 175lbs. I did do a couple 4 weeks cycle of Winstrol but the test has helped me get consistent gains at the gym and maintain what I have gained so far.

Please share with everyone a little about yourself!

balin is offline Junior Member
    5-6 years. Had the usual symptoms. But I am better now... 46 Sarted with androgel 1 pack, later added in hcg . Then ended up switching to injections, 80mg/week along with hcg at 250 iu 2x week.
    Last edited by balin; 06-16-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I have been doing HRT for 12 months between cycles 100mg Test E. I am 51
    Last edited by Kale; 06-15-2006 at 05:10 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    HRT for 3 months...androgel ...RX for 5mg...doing 15mg....
    5mg for 14 days brought levels of 275, 298 down to 140...(felt better,though)
    10mg brought levels to 785...(slight strength gains)
    15mg(1 week)...no test since...tired of rubbing mess on daily...thinking of alternating between shots/injects
    Weight start.. 250...not sure BF%(approx 18-20)
    Now 244...BF% prolly 16-19
    Church...you got great gains on very little test and medium level total test score...what kind of injections...think the winny had some to do with?

archeryblackdog is offline Junior Member
    37 as well, HRT for 3 Months, test Cyp & HGH

I am not quite sure what contributed the most to my gains. I think it was a combination of HRT, whinny and a much better diet. Ironically I got back to the size I was in high school (approx. 12 years ago) and then I have just leveled out there. I plan on doing a cycle in the fall which will be my first real cycle. The problem is that I have to do lab tests every two months so I have to keep any AAS to just 4 weeks. I plan to do HRT in between cycles.

Spyke is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ckurth6
    I have been reading this forum for a few months now and I always hear about guys who just started their HRT or want to start HRT soon. I also hear about guys who started HRT and then decided to give it up for a while for whatever reasons. I am interested to see how many guys are on HRT and how long they have been on it. Also a quick summary of what you have tried, likes and dislikes or anything else you might want to add. I'll go first...

I am 30 y.o. old and I have been on HRT for about 4 months. After a lab test showed my test level at 140, my endo started me out on Testim for a couple of months and it wasn't working to well so he switched me to injections. He wanted me to do 50mg/wk but I have increased it to 50mg/ twice a week. I love HRT but I really think I need to take a break for a while but I am afraid of the side effects from when you come off of it (eg. depression, lathargic feeling, ed and loss of libido). My last lab test came back around 580.

And just for a little extra information, when I started I weighed about 145lbs and now I weigh a solid 175lbs. I did do a couple 4 weeks cycle of Winstrol but the test has helped me get consistent gains at the gym and maintain what I have gained so far.

Please share with everyone a little about yourself!

This is Hrt. Of course you will feel like crap if you go off it. We are just replacing hormones that should be there but for whatever reason are not. Some guys may see an anabilic effect from hrt and it is a nice side effect for them but it is not the goal. The goal is to feel NORMAL! For people who really need it because THEY REALLY HAVE LOW TEST it is for life. There seems to be this attitude with some people that Hrt is a fun thing to do for a while and then you can just quit. I think it comes from people who are too afraid to do a real steroid cycle and see Hrt as the lite beer of steroids .

Just like a diabetic HAS to take insulin for life, us guys who really have low test HAVE to be on Hrt for life!

Church...no probs with water retent or any other sides with the shot and what kind? ....i know it's a low dose...so prolly no sides...but just curious...and when you say he says to do 50EW and you do 502XW...you run out of RX? or is it a unlimited resource ?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    To those who didn't list age could you go back and edit your posts to include it.. this topic interests me because of recent BW I had come back but I am only 25 so I am hesitant to go this route.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    Church...no probs with water retent or any other sides with the shot and what kind? ....i know it's a low dose...so prolly no sides...but just curious...and when you say he says to do 50EW and you do 502XW...you run out of RX? or is it a unlimited resource ?
    No side effects at all...just some nice wood every morning when I wake up! I was prescribed a 5ml vial of test at 200mg per ml. with plenty of refills. I realized after my first month that I had over half left in the vial so I took it up on myself to increase the amounts. I will let my endo know when I go back in a few weeks for my two month check up. After all, he can't really argue with me that 50mg just wasn't working for me. Since I have been taking 100mg. EW I have felt so much better...or normal as some would put it.

The only reason I want to try to come off for a while is because I worry about long term effects. Some say to much test can cause prostate cancer and others say low test will lead to heart problems. Who knows???

better diet?

I am not quite sure what contributed the most to my gains. I think it was a combination of HRT, whinny and a much better diet. Ironically I got back to the size I was in high school (approx. 12 years ago) and then I have just leveled out there. I plan on doing a cycle in the fall which will be my first real cycle. The problem is that I have to do lab tests every two months so I have to keep any AAS to just 4 weeks. I plan to do HRT in between cycles.
    some diet to gain 30lbs solid in 4mos...were the chickins you were scarfin on HRT, also?

Great poll! I am 34 and have been on HRT for 14days today. So far so good no bad sides!

I was very impressed to read how much you have gained ckurth, over the last 4 months......very solid!! This should prove to all the people on the other forum that a very very low dose of hormones"steroids ." I would personally not think you would see any bad long term effects with such a low dose. I thought 200mg's a week was low......but 100mg. This is very promising to hear. ?? for you.....how long did it take you to start feeling the test.... in your workouts and your daily life!?

Just a idea..... I you might try coming off for 4 weeks. Then go back on..... Get your blood work done the last day before you go back on to see where your test levels are?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bringndaheat
    Great poll! I am 34 and have been on HRT for 14days today. So far so good no bad sides!

I was very impressed to read how much you have gained ckurth, over the last 4 months......very solid!! This should prove to all the people on the other forum that a very very low dose of hormones"steroids ." I would personally not think you would see any bad long term effects with such a low dose. I thought 200mg's a week was low......but 100mg. This is very promising to hear. ?? for you.....how long did it take you to start feeling the test.... in your workouts and your daily life!?

Just a idea..... I you might try coming off for 4 weeks. Then go back on..... Get your blood work done the last day before you go back on to see where your test levels are?!?

I just read an interesting article that may help explain why I have seen the gains that I have seen. It turns out that a small dose of whinny (oral, 20mg/ed) will actually help with any cycle through what is called "synergy". I had never heard of this but at the same time I could not explain how my bench went from 165lbs to 295lbs (maxed out two days ago!!) in less than 6 months. So to answer your question, the chickens I have been eating were not on HCG , however, the small dose of whinny I have been taking has actually help deliver my testosterone through my body. Please take a few minutes to read this:

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/article...injectable.htm

Funny you say that..... I was supposed to start my whinny last week. I am starting it monday though. I have always been a big believer in the synergistic effect of whinny and deca ........ But now i have test e also flowing in me
    Anyway needless to say keep up the good work.....Bench press 165 to 295 unreal bro.....!!!!! Be very careful with your tendon's..... that is a huge differece for someone in only 6 months.... Are you on HGH......don't won't to blow up your tendon's!!

Church....you don't get the whinny prescribed from the same doc as your test, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    Church....you don't get the whinny prescribed from the same doc as your test, do you?

No...I wish!! I get that from a friend of mine. The last bottle was Quality Vet (100 - 10mg. tablets). I took one in the morning and one at night and I was able to get 2 four week cycles out of it. I was going to take DBol next time around but after reading that article, I might stick with the whinny.

I am also hoping my endo is informed enough about pct that when I go back to see him in a few weeks and I tell him that I want to take a break for about a month, he will know to prescribe me Proviron (spelling???) and HCG . If not I will just order what I need from ARR and try that route.

No...I wish!! I get that from a friend of mine. The last bottle was Quality Vet (100 - 10mg. tablets). I took one in the morning and one at night and I was able to get 2 four week cycles out of it. I was going to take DBol next time around but after reading that article, I might stick with the whinny.

I am also hoping my endo is informed enough about pct that when I go back to see him in a few weeks and I tell him that I want to take a break for about a month, he will know to prescribe me Proviron (spelling???) and HCG. If not I will just order what I need from ARR and try that route.
    New song...."Endo and a Friend"...

UpstateNY is offline Junior Member
    Here's my stats. I'm 43 yoa, male, Italain decent, good to excellent health. I'm beginning my 4th month on HRT. I started with Androgel 5g, 1/day. Had bloodwork that showed everything was excellent except for my Test and DHEA. The DHEA was low and my Test was so far off the low end of the chart it was SCARY!!! Doc says it's age, my injuries(retired disabled @40) and the medicine they've treated me with. After 3 wks tests showed it was still far too low. Upped me to 10g/day of Androgel. My cost was too high for my liking so I asked him to either talk to the Ins. Co. or write for injectables. He didn't want to write it but he didn't want to talk to the Ins people more, I guess, lol. Had to talk him through the calculation on the dose and frequency. Jeez! Now taking 1ml of Test Enanthate per week. Testing next week, will update my info then.
    Since being on HRT, I feel much better!! My symptomolgy has changed drastically. Eyes working beter, less pain, less lethargy, more sex drive, better stamina, etc. Still think I need things adjusted though. I'd like to adjust the frequency to every 4 or 5 days rather than 7. I find it to be to cyclic and that is not what you want for your body when using HRT properly. Transdermals are used daily, most often, and that keeps you from having the cycle of absorbtion, use and tapering off, followed by low blood levels and then the next injection when you are at a low point. This will vary and can not be anticipated as far as I have found. Not using HCG at this point. Waiting on test results and consult. I'd love to try HGH but don't think my Ins. will cover it and I can't swing it on my own. Got to spend my $ on another operation!
    R.

glad your hrt is working good 4 u upstate....long time no hear...i've followed a similar program as you have and if my math is correct....you'll be getting twice the test as you were with the gel....with 200mg a week minus the ester you'll be getting 140mg...with the gel at 10g ED, you were getting roughly 70mg....keep us posted...oh...by the way....with that....r u injecting yourself....i do mine 2 times a week at .5ml instead of 1ml EW to keep more level

jpkman,
    Yeah, I do the shots myself. No big deal, learned in college. High pain tollerence too so I really don't care, lol. I can't believe how much better I feel!! If you take into acct. the injuries I had, this is a God send for me. I'm off all my pain meds and only use Alleve when the inflamation is bad. On a rea bad day I take a painkiller but with luck, that will change with a new laser surgery that is available in FL.
    I have bloodwork to do this week and see the Dr. We'll be debating things, I'm sure! For one, why hasn't he discussed the use of HCG ? Guess he feels I'm not worth a F*$#. LOL. Met and have been seeing an very nice YOUNG lady and we're both happy the HRT has me feeling good! I agree, I think bumping me up to at least 150/wk would be better but I'm leaning to 1/2 of it every 4-5 days. I don't care for the up and down swing. Just waiting on the other Dr to consult with. No time for any Endo in my area. Too many bad stories and I have yet to hear of 1 that has treated with HRT. My Dad gets decent treatment via the VA here. This forum has been helping him as well. I'll keep you posted

animator is offline Junior Member
    I am on only week 2 of HRT. I am taking 100 mg cyp a week and HGH. I'll probably stop the HGH when I run out in a couple of months. So far I feel nothing different except a pain in the thigh where I gave myself the shot.
    Hmmm.

I have high hopes though. I'll give it a chance.

I always thought the glute was the target...Done 4 shots so far (2 a cheek)...no pain or any probs whatsoever. good luck

animator is offline Junior Member
    The first shot I gave myself was a 21 gauge needle that looked like a spike ! The second I got a 23 gauge and it went pretty well. I haven't figured out the whole turn and stick in the rear yet. I'll probably get it eventually. The second shot doesn't seem to hurt yet (took it about 3 hours ago) so maybe it was the large bore needle.

My big issue is hitting the cardio and getting my fat **** to lower my BF ratio and get cut.

animator,
    The target is generally the upper glute/hip. No real twisting needed. It just has to hit muscle, hence calling it an IM injection. I was trained to hit the hip area this are for most al IM when giving them to others as well as one's self. Few nerves, lots of deep muscle. If you go to shallow you may hit too little muscle and too much fat and it may not disapte quickly enough. Sounds impossible, but I did see it once. Inject, withdraw, rub the injection area and go. I use a 22g 1 & 1/2", 3ml. syringe. The precision glie from B-D andn it works fine, no pain. Best of luck!

Thread Information