Thread: new to hrt

coolhand211 is offline New Member

new to hrt

as part of my hrt program my dr put me stanozolol , 1cc eod, he says to inject into glutes, would i have a problem injecting into thighs? syringes sent were 22g 1.5, also i thought stanozolol was an odd choice for hrt, any thoughts? he also put me on anavar 37.5mgs ed

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    coolhand,

What a dung-dipper...I hit the enter key by accident...sorry coolhand..anyway check out the drug profiles on here. It is very informative and has the needed infor about the various type of testosterone . Most folks here on hrt appear to be on depo-test, or a cypionate ester testosterone..which is what depo is.

1.5 in needle may be a little long for the thigh, I believe 1 in is preferred for thighs and delts. But again search the site here about injecting...you'll find answers here on that as well...

good luck

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    I was curious about HRT. What are we looking at regarding out of pocket cost? Would it certainmed plan cover it? Is the dose given enough for bodybuilding purposes? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhand211
    as part of my hrt program my dr put me stanozolol, 1cc eod, he says to inject into glutes, would i have a problem injecting into thighs? syringes sent were 22g 1.5, also i thought stanozolol was an odd choice for hrt, any thoughts? he also put me on anavar 37.5mgs ed

If your test is low to low normal most insurance plans will cover supplementation of test either inject or transdermal. But you need to check with your ins. provider.

Typically the dose of test given in hrt is not even close to the dosages bb take. However over the long term your test levels will increase and the Dr. should want to keep you in the higher range of levels..around 750 to 800. That has been my personal experience...With those levels, proper diet and consistent training you will make gains in strength, and mass, it just won't be to the degree of bb.

Guys will be on anywhere from 10mg per day in a transdermal cream, 50 to 70mg per week of test cyp., 200mg every two weeks of cyp inject and all else in between.

Hope this helps...

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Not sure how stanozolol is considered HRT, usually test is used. Your doctor told you glutes b/c he prescribed 1.5" needles. It's perfectly fine to inject elsewhere (quads, delts, pecs) but you will need a smaller needle (I like 25G 1").

coolhand211 is offline New Member
    i know i thought he would give me some test, but he asked me what my goals were, i told him, he gave me stanz and anavar . to be honest i think as long as he can make look right with the bloodwork, he'll give me what i want, money talks?!

ipso facto is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    I was curious about HRT. What are we looking at regarding out of pocket cost? Would it certainmed plan cover it? Is the dose given enough for bodybuilding purposes? Just curious.
    It of course depends on coverage, and whether you do HRT through a clinic like Life Extension. I do HRT because I'm in my 50s, and essentially countering "male menopause" and "iritable male syndrome" I've been on it for 5 mo, and it really does wonders. I was on Prozac up until a month after I started, and then dropped it because my attitude improved so much. I do 2iu HGH daily 6/1 off, and 200mg TE biweekly. I do Jintropin (really the best HGH) at around $3500 / year; TE at $250/yr (Schering Testoviron ). One set of blood tests $300; other supplements $300/yr. So figure $4500/year (mainly HGH) for do it yourself; compare to $12K-20K/yr for clinics like Life Extension.

I personally think the clinics are a rippoff (as are doctors in general), but many people are comforted by them, so it's your money. Also, if you are going to spend the money, get on an exercise routine, lose weight, and quit drinking (or any other drugs). There's no reason to spend the money on what are relatively esoteric gains of HRT when you don't take care of the obvious faults in your lifestyle.

Thread Information