SHANEDOGG is offline New Member

How Many Hrt Patients Do Self Injections?

I've been on HRT now for about 2 months - 200mg/eow from the doc. I am considering giving myself injections and moving to every week based on what I am seeing, to avoid spikes/drops. Do alot of HRT Patients give themselves injections? Also, where is the best place to inject.....I can't reach my ass like they do at the doctor's office. Do more frequent injections become a "pain", not literally, but as far as frequency is concerned, does it get old....what about scar tissue forming?

Thanks

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    I always give myself injections, i use quads because i also cant reach glutes, alternate different leg, i also sometimes use delts, left delt cant reach right delt because of rotator cuff problem. yes injecting is a pain, it gets easy to do but a pain just because it is something you have to do on a schedule. scar tissue will not be a problem on a once a week or even twice a week schedule.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    As long as you dont inject in the same spot for a week, scare tissue isnt really an issue. You will doing 1 inject per week anyway. But you can still rotate (right delt, left delt, right quad, left quad, etc)

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    I do my own, use the Quad! No Problem have been doing it for about 2 years now!

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I do them every week as well. Why cant you reach your glute ? Unless you are a massive beast you should be able to get to where it needs to be injected which is more on the top left or right hand side of the glute. I do glutes and quads but I am just about to try delts next Monday for the first time. I actually look forward to the shot :-)

kaorialfred is offline Member
    I hate needles and my wife does my injctions just because I have tried and I freak out while doing the injection.
    I do my own GH tho. Little needle can barely see it.

nbavosa is offline Junior Member
    200mg EOW (every other week)? Thats low...As llong as you have a nice sharp pin there should be next to no pain. Plus it beats trips to the doctors...JMO

Quote Originally Posted by nbavosa
    200mg EOW (every other week)? Thats low...As llong as you have a nice sharp pin there should be next to no pain. Plus it beats trips to the doctors...JMO
    Its not low for HRT, its spot on, excepy that it should be dome 100mg EW for consistency in hormone levels

ipso facto is offline New Member
    I do 2iu of Jintropin daily 6/1off; 200mg TE biweekly. Both are self-injected. The Jintropin takes a small insulin needle, and you don't even feel it (on the fatty inside of the leg, as is recommended by GeneSci). The TE to the glutes with a 25/1.5" needle. I haven't messed up yet with this, but imagine you could bruise yourself if you don't jab straight. And I really don't feel it ... I think the problem with needles is completely psychological.

I don't split dosage in either case for practical reasons. Two jabs a day, every day is just a bit demanding, and isn't really recommended unless you're above 2iu Jintropin; TE is an ester, and should self-regulate dosage by seeping out of your fat at a constant rate with one week half-life.

Injections

I asked my doc if I could do my own injections and he said that it was illegal if he let me do it myself....or something to that effect... That sucks because I wanted to do every week, not eow. Oh well, at least i'm getting the stuff. 8 days after my injection I got tested about 750 or so...I believe that is total testosterone . I was 219....feeling better but it seems like i'm hungry all of the time and want to eat. I gained about 8 lbs since the injections started 8 weeks ago. I'm sure alot of that was water weight, but the doc gave me pills for water retention. Anyway, could that be old muscle coming back, because although I'm up in weight I feel harder. I really need to cut back, though and lose about 40 lbs.....will it naturally come off through solid training and nutrition??

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    I do them every week as well. Why cant you reach your glute ? Unless you are a massive beast you should be able to get to where it needs to be injected which is more on the top left or right hand side of the glute. I do glutes and quads but I am just about to try delts next Monday for the first time. I actually look forward to the shot :-)

Yep, pretty massive.....240 lbs...5'7". I used to be 200 solid w/ 10 percent body fat.....now I don't want to talk about it - I'm a shadow of the man I once was.....a bigger one!!

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    I've been giving myself weekly injections for several years now. For what it's worth here are a few tips and tricks I've picked up over the years.

1. Do not use the 21g 1-1/2 inch harpoons that the docs like to use. That size pin is completely unnecessary for 99% of the people. My recommendation is to go with a 25g 1 inch pin. Not only will it work just as well, but it's a hell of a lot less painfully and will really cut down on scar tissue.

2. Never inject with the same pin you draw with. You wouldn't think it but it going through that rubber stopper will dull the pin and add to the pain and scar tissue.

3. After you've loaded your syringe (but before you've changed to your new pin, run the syringe under hot tap water. This will bring the temp of the test in the syringe closer to your bodys temp and thus lessen the pain. It will also thin the oil out so it'll pass through the pin easier (and also absorb into the muscle easier).

4. Always, and I repeat always aspirate before you inject. I had a very bad experience where I hit a vein with a mL of test and felt like I was going to die for about an hour. That experience is not something I would like anyone to ever endure.

5. If you're like me and hate needles then yes you will quickly get tired of the constant injections. However the difference between once a week and once every two weeks isn't really that much of a difference. However there are big differences in the quality of needles you can get. There are a large selection of available pins, and they can make a huge difference in how they bite into you. Syringes aren't very expensive to begin with, so why cry over spending an extra .10 cents per pin. Here's an example of the differences in syringes from the same company, and I don't think it's very hard to guess witch one of them is going to cause you the most damage and pain.

6. Where is the best place to give yourself injections? I, nor anyone else can tell you, because it's different for everyone. For me it's delts, glutes, lats, and pecs. The good news is that there are many places you can try and you will find spots that you don't really mind. Here's a website that will show you all the spots, and how to do the shots (with picks). spot injections.com/index3.htm. just combine spot and injection into one work any you'll get to the website.

I hope that some of my experience will end up helping you hand making your like a little easier. I wish you the best, and good luck bro.
    Last edited by SV-1; 02-04-2006 at 05:49 PM.

ipso facto is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHANEDOGG
    I asked my doc if I could do my own injections and he said that it was illegal if he let me do it myself....feeling better but it seems like i'm hungry all of the time and want to eat. I gained about 8 lbs since the injections started 8 weeks ago.
    I was hungry all the time the first two months ... I must have been building muscle because it didn't seem to all go to the waist, but TE does change your metabolism. No doubt.

Weird about the injections. What about diabetics? ... they do their own injections, which seems alright with the law.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I also got my injections from my Dr and I did the same dose you did. I told him it was a pain in the ass for me to come to his office every two weeks and I told him I wanted to do it on my own. In the beginning, he laughed and said he didn't trust me. I believe, as long as you have a prescription, you can do your own injections. I do them, and I was terrified of needles. hell, now Im' at the point where I can't wait to stick in needle in me. The best way to do it is inject very slowly. Trying to dart yourself is impossible in the beginning. I think the easiest place to start injecting is your shoulders. Needle slides right in. But, the bad thing about injecting yourself is you will always want more.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUYLONGTERM
    I also got my injections from my Dr and I did the same dose you did. I told him it was a pain in the ass for me to come to his office every two weeks and I told him I wanted to do it on my own. In the beginning, he laughed and said he didn't trust me. I believe, as long as you have a prescription, you can do your own injections. I do them, and I was terrified of needles. hell, now Im' at the point where I can't wait to stick in needle in me. The best way to do it is inject very slowly. Trying to dart yourself is impossible in the beginning. I think the easiest place to start injecting is your shoulders. Needle slides right in. But, the bad thing about injecting yourself is you will always want more.
    I was in the same situation. When I had to get injections weekly, it was 15 buck a pop to see my Dr.'s nurse. The test was kept with me or there it didn't matter, then it was my wife the accountant that said that's not the way to go. So she volunteered to do the injections and they gave her a pratice butt foam thing. Soon it came a time when it was her that would do my injection. She did get it in and freaked out and left the needle dangling in my ass
    So the nurse had to calm her down and made her finish the injection. Took two more times supervised and she's now a pro at shooting me in the shoulders and glutes. I haven't tried any other place. The chest sounds intresting but scary.

Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    I was in the same situation. When I had to get injections weekly, it was 15 buck a pop to see my Dr.'s nurse. The test was kept with me or there it didn't matter, then it was my wife the accountant that said that's not the way to go. So she volunteered to do the injections and they gave her a pratice butt foam thing. Soon it came a time when it was her that would do my injection. She did get it in and freaked out and left the needle dangling in my ass
    So the nurse had to calm her down and made her finish the injection. Took two more times supervised and she's now a pro at shooting me in the shoulders and glutes. I haven't tried any other place. The chest sounds intresting but scary.
    That is so farking funny, I can just imagine how that looked

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I do my quad shots and my wife does my glute shots

JohnnyB

tmjt21 is offline Junior Member
    those are great needle shots SV 1!!!

tmjt21 is offline Junior Member
    Oh yeah...I've always done either the quad or deltiod for HRT...but mostly the quad no problem...except the occasional nerve... ;-)

Thread Information