Spyke is offline Associate Member

How can I make sure that I get injections?

The nurse called me and left a message that my free and total test was low. LH and estrogen was normal. The ran a couple more tests and they were all normal too. She did not leave numbers on my machine. This was the 2nd test he did and it was done real early in the am.

So I go to the doc tomorrow. It looks like he is going to want to start some hrt. I have done a ton of reading on the subject and I really don't want androgel . I want weekly injections that I can learn to do on my own. I am going to explain to him that:

I work outdoors and if I put the gel on when I wake up, I will be sweating within 1 hour.

I have a little girl and she likes to sleep in between my wife and I. The thought of her getting it on her skin really concerns me.

My skin is prone to breakouts from chemicals .

Anything else I can mention to him so he sees that gel is not a good choice for me?

TOOBAD is offline Associate Member
    My endo put me on Testim at first and it was okay for about a month and then it wasn't enough. I believe it is because what little bit of test my body produced on its own started shutting down and the Testim was not enough to make me feel better. Last week I went back for a 2 month check up and his nurse practioneer put me on weekly injections that I do myself. In fact, I got my prescription and tomorrow I go in to learn how to give myself an injection. I am looking forward to it, however, she only put me on 50mg of test a week which is about what the testim was after you take in to consideration what percent your body actually absorbs. For the past few weeks I have felt pretty bad, my body aches all over and I get tired easily. I was hoping for at least 100mg/week but the doc wants to start out low. I think I am going to go back on Wellbutrin until they can get my levels right.

I am curious to know how you got to the point where you are now. Was it ed, depression, fatigue or what? I am only 30 y.o. and I have fought mild depression for several years. I had experienced some Winstrol about 6 months ago and could not believe how "normal" it made me feel!! That started my curiosty about test levels and I started reading about male hormones and made an appointment to see my doc. He recommended an endo and here I am today! There has been a lot of ups and downs but I really think in the end it will all be worth it. After all, I am looking to add life to my years, not years to my life!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Basically I don't think I was getting enough mass fast enough. I am really slugglish and tired most of the time. Sex drive is not what it used to be but no ED. I have felt like this for so long I really don't remember what normal feels like. I am 34 and my levels were 172.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    I think you are bringing it up the right way by telling the doc your concerns about your daughter getting it on her and sweating it off right after you apply it....I'm in the same boat and am going in this week to see a new endo after a falling out with the old....looking for the same... a shot a week instead of rubbing and drying and waiting before I can get going....I had planned on using those same concerns....I feel pretty confident and found out that my insurance pays for the injecst all but a little tiny copay...best of luck to you

Spyke, my new endo was willing to give me injects....but we decided to wait til I get my estrogen checked first....how'd it go with your visit?

My regular Dr referred me to an endo. I guess his concern was the fact that my LH was normal and he was wondering why it was not high.

I see the endo on thurs and will keep you guys posted....

yeh, you might need to go for an MRI of pituatary (routine) I did it before my follow ups...thanks for keeping the thread alive....good luck bro

Thread Information