Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Test Causing Itching?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation

Test Causing Itching?

I thought I read somewhere that test causes itching?...I've notice lately but cant for sure pin it down but maybe since the test I use comes from a different pharmacy/lab and at night itch all over?

Anyone else get the heebie jeebies from their test?

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Let me know if this is related to test. I know someone that is complaining of these sides, but they are on a bunch of meds....

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Let me know if this is related to test. I know someone that is complaining of these sides, but they are on a bunch of meds....
    fallen...i'm also on tramadol...your friend is on test as well as the bunch of meds?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    fallen...i'm also on tramadol...your friend is on test as well as the bunch of meds?
    Yeah, test, arimidex and hgh. He is on a bunch other prescriptions too. I will ask if he is on tramadol.

He thought the itching was from hgh that went bad because of heat.

yeh...like i said though it hasnt been since starting injections but more around the time of my pharm using a new lab for the cyp but also since i started tramadol so i cant peg it but i thought i heard someone talk about test and itching....maybe it was tren ? or maybe someone will chime in.

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    Pain medications (narcotics) can cause skin itching and Ultram (tramadol hydrochloride) is a narcotic.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMoonHowlingWolf View Post
    Pain medications (narcotics) can cause skin itching and Ultram (tramadol hydrochloride) is a narcotic.
    they keep telling me and i'm reading that it is LIKE a narcotic but is NOT? but its sooooo GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!

You like blondes jpk?
    BigDaddyDerek likes this.

Or brunettes.

I didn't want to hijack the other guys thread.

not as good as yours....but keep em comin

Or brunettes.

I didn't want to hijack the other guys thread.

dont think he minds....LOL...thats more like it

u da fvckin man...those your hand me downs? i dont care

WDMF is offline Associate Member
    I thought I read somewhere that test causes itching?...I've notice lately but cant for sure pin it down but maybe since the test I use comes from a different pharmacy/lab and at night itch all over?

Anyone else get the heebie jeebies from their test?
    I've never heard of this.

binder is offline Member
    It will if you're allergic to it. That is not a "common" side effect though.

Why are you on tramadol? Tramadol is bad shit. I would guess your itching is caused by it.

they keep telling me and i'm reading that it is LIKE a narcotic but is NOT? but its sooooo GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!
    You are right jpkman, but although it's not classified as a narcotic, it may become habit-forming, causing mental or physical dependence as stated on Hopkin's website. Also, I was told by a pharmacist that tramadol binds to the same molecule that morphine does and the withdrawal symptoms listed for it are the same as other pain meds. Check out the info on Tramadol from the Mayo Clinic (link below) or John Hopkins Medical Center (link below) as there are many unwanted sides. One of them that you were questioning is itching of the skin.

http://mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR601787

http://www.hopkinsneuro.org/peripher...DOL%202007.pdf
    Last edited by FullMoonHowlingWolf; 09-18-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    It will if you're allergic to it. That is not a "common" side effect though.

Why are you on tramadol? Tramadol is bad shit. I would guess your itching is caused by it.
    I'm not a betting man, but I'd probably bet the Tramadol is causing your skin to itch. Also, he is right, it's bad shit.

binder is offline Member
    When I fractured my pelvis and L4 vertebra they tried me on Ultram. I was on it for 1 week and dropped it like it was hot. That stuff is just bad stuff. It really messed me up. Nightmares, blackouts, itching, nausea...it was wicked. I was better off fighting the pain without anything than on that stuff. I was a completely different person. They said I was just an anomaly and just had a reaction to it. I think it's just bad stuff for anyone.

thanks for all the posts fellas....my family doc scribed it to me a little over a year ago when i asked him for darvacet and said it was really safe and worked really well....i always try/tried to avoid using pain meds but i have to run on a golf course for a living and my back/joints take a pounding and i usually need a day for a day of rest cuz im in pain/stiff back but i cant keep taking days off and the tramadol has been absolutely the best med and feel so great and no sides other than the itching which isnt unbearable and yes another doc said that it could cause addiction and i feel so good on it that i can easily see that happening....never been addicted to anything except physical addiction to coffee where the headache comes if i miss a day...anybody think it will cause problem with liver or any other organs?

You're welcome and I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes you do what you have to for a better quality of life. I'm glad that you don't have any other sides, but do you know what's going to happen if you stop taking it? The same withdrawals as Darvacet or Vicodin, etc. Also, Tramadol and other pain meds are a double edged sword. These drugs are only masking the problem(s) and soon you start increasing the dosage b/c you don't get the same relief. Then you try to cut back on your dosage and the sides starts compounding the original problem of why you started taking the meds to begin with. Meaning you just hurt b/c you don't have the drug in your body, this is when addiction has set in. Then you are left with the choice of feeling like shit or take the meds just so you don't feel like shit, regardless of what activities you do, meaning a physical job causing you pain in your joints.

anybody think it will cause problem with liver or any other organs?
    It's going to be additional work on your liver and kidneys that for sure.

Other people complaining about itching. Who knows what grade they are taking.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=360078

Other people complaining about itching. Who knows what grade they are taking.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=360078
    i knew i read something about test causing itch b4 and musclescience said it was a common immune response...
    like i said...its not unbearable but it is noticeable....last night i didnt itch until i woke to pee...about 4 hours after taking a couple of the tramadol usually its right b4 bed about an hour after taking the tramadol

i knew i read something about test causing itch b4 and musclescience said it was a common immune response...
    like i said...its not unbearable but it is noticeable....last night i didnt itch until i woke to pee...about 4 hours after taking a couple of the tramadol usually its right b4 bed about an hour after taking the tramadol
    Don't take the tramadol for a day and see if the itching stops.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMoonHowlingWolf View Post
    Don't take the tramadol for a day and see if the itching stops.
    did you read the thread(link) fallen threw up?

Yes I did, most of it, but did I miss something. It's hard to pay attention here w/all the pics that Fallen has posted. LOL!

Isn't your itching all over, or is it at the injection sites? The post that Fallen linked was injection site itching related. This could be due to numerous things and I believe MuscleSciene stated itching is a common immune response. This is true, if your body is healing or it could be an allergic reaction. Remember when you were little and scrapped your knee and then it began healing. It itched, natural immune response.

yeh, its all over pretty much never prob with inject site...i didnt know wut he meant by the immune response
    and fallen must have fell in

yeh, its all over pretty much never prob with inject site...i didnt know wut he meant by the immune response
    and fallen must have fell in
    That's what I thought about your itching and why I think it's not the test. Fallen must have fell in, LOL!

I think MuscleScience meant that when an itching sensation occurs that's a signal that the body is fighting to heal something.

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    I would put my money on the tramadol as well if it binds to the same receptors as morphine it would be similar to hydrocodone, codeine, oxycodone all of which I am more familiar with than I wish to have ever been they all cause itching.

And a nasty withdrawl in my experience. Coming off pain meds was the worst experience of my life worse than what put me in the hospital.

What actually works best for my joint pain is an anti inflamtory like cellebrex. I have had shoulder,knee problems and surgeries for years and cellebrex was more help than the pain killers

TranscriptionFactor is offline Associate Member
    Tramadol is an atypical opioid agonist, as such may have the adverse effect of itching.
    Itching has many causes. If it is not localized to the injection site I would put Test far down on the list of possible causes.

Tramadol and all opioids are in fact, in my opinion, "bad shit" for musculoskeletal pain, their use is most appropriate for acute, post-operative pain.
    NSAIDs such as Celebrex (a COX 2 inhibitor) and the tried and true Ibuprofen, Ketorolac, Naprosen, etc. are superior for joint pain, non addictive and don't have the opioid adverse effects.

If its an opiod agonist is will definentely cause your itching. I was on subutex, an opiod agonist, after I got out of the hospital and it made me itch like crazy!

Have you been gaining weight since you started taking it?

You will probably have to stop taking it for a few days before the itching goes away, most of them build up in your system and have a long half life well relatively speeking maybe 48-72 hours.

binder is offline Member
    the itching due to testosterone injection is probably due to a slight allergy or the immune response due to a foreign substance in the body. That is normal but is usually a localized (site specific) itch.

I agree completely about the pain med being incorrectly prescribed. You should be on an anti-inflammatory to help your joints. Masking the pain doesn't do anything. An anti-inflammatory will reduce the inflammation that causes the pain. You should also try fish oil in high doses and some joint replacement. Talk to your doctor about that too.

What exactly do you do at the golf course that requires running?

I would definitely look into fixing the problem than masking it. You are still doing damage to your body even though you can tolerate it with pain medication. That is definitely not the proper way to go about things.

thanks bros....the itching isnt intolerable at all...i was more curious but now i'm a bit scared but the drol has been magic for me and i also take ibuprofen for the anti-inflamation aspect as well...sometimes at night a flexirill(generic) to boot

i caddy for resort guests and we dont carry the bags we go out ahead and get all yardages ready so when the cart catches up they'll be ready to hit and all other duties a pga caddie would do but up to 4 and 5 players and therefore there is a lot of hustle and not always on even surfaces

i think i will jam up on the fish oil.....got tired of taking glucosomine/chondroitin/msm cuz it just got too much with little to no relief....maybe i didnt take it long enought cuz my wife and other swear by it

thanks again guys....binder, is tramadol harsh on the bod/liver/etc.?

ops multiple post

Damn jpkman nice new avatar!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information