Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member

TRT, different types of test

Hi guys, just wanted some more information on the type of test used in trt, i read a report stating that synthetic test (like we use on cycle) should be avoided for trt? and that natural test replacement drugs should be used for trt. I know they are a bit different but what are the reason for this and is it really that important?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Approximately 75% of ppl on this forum from what i've seen in 2 years use testosterone cypionate or enanthate , and 20% use gel/cream (transdermal testosterone )...leaving a small % of those using pellets, patches and a lot start with the transdermals but get tired of the daily mess/hassle

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    Approximately 75% of ppl on this forum from what i've seen in 2 years use testosterone cypionate or enanthate, and 20% use gel/cream (transdermal testosterone)...leaving a small % of those using pellets, patches and a lot start with the transdermals but get tired of the daily mess/hassle
    Thanks, i guessed as much, but after reading that report i was just wondering if it really mattered long term? you reckon np on syn test long term then..

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i've been on for 3 years and there's ppl on here been on longer than that...where did u read this report?

Testosterone Drugs

Synthetic testosterone "steroid " drugs are chemically different from the testosterone your body makes and do not provide the same effect as natural testosterone. Here is a listing of some of the synthetic testosterone drugs to avoid using on a long-term basis:

Methyltestosterone
    Danazol
    Oxandrolone
    Testosterone propionate , cypionate , or enanthate
    Just because testosterone is called a "drug' does not mean it is not the same natural hormone your body produced. Scientists learned how to make the identical testosterone your body produces decades ago, but since natural testosterone could not be patented, drug companies developed all kinds of synthetic testosterone analogs that could be patented and approved by the FDA as new drugs. Here is a listing of currently available "natural" testosterone drugs:

Androderm Transdermal System (Smith Kline Beecham's testosterone "patch"
    Testoderm Transdermal System (Alza's testosterone "patch" )
    Testosterone creams, pellets and sub-lingual tablets (available from compounding pharmacies)
    Both the synthetic and natural testosterone drugs require a prescription, and this prescription should only be written when blood or saliva tests reveal a testosterone deficiency.
    This was in the report on the stickie's at the top of this forum,, HRT Info part 2.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    I use sust for TRT, but cyp or enan is ok. Neb and buc are the newest and if you can get them they are also a good option.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I use Test-Cyp for TRT.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member

Thanks guys,
    Fallenwyvern thanks, more good stuff to read.

TASSY5 is offline Associate Member
    FallenWyvern You have a great avitar

natureboy is offline Member
    I use test cyp. I can't imagine not being on trt.

Thread Information