Thread: Red Skin

StayFit1 is offline Junior Member

Red Skin

what causes your skin to get flushed and hot when u are working out. My hands get pinkish and it looks worse in higher light. I dont get it. I dont have skin problems. Just whenever i lift, and workout, that is the way my body handles it and it isnt way it use to? Hormones? Higher Blood Pressure? What are ways to help this? My face feels like its on fire after a set also. Have no idea? Estrogen related? Please help me out? I really dont even sweat alot at all. Might be problem also, why my skin doesnt cool.......outside of arms get redddddd. Let me know please?

Canadream is offline Associate Member
    high blood pressure....take it before and after and you will see

anything that i can take. beta blockers??This never use to happen before...........

Ya..I wouldn't worry about it. Eat right..take a breather between sets to avoid any possible heart attacks

Quote Originally Posted by StayFit1 View Post
    anything that i can take. beta blockers??This never use to happen before...........

I eat right. Do take breather also. This just started past year or so. Also get reddish skin during the day as well as red eyes when i lift weights and wake up in morning. Skin gets reddish tint also if excited, meet with client. Not a shy person either. My chest also has a blotchy red spot on top. Wont go away really. Skin is overall flushed easily and hard to get back to where it should be. So not sure what is going on? Like i said, beta blocker help??

sounds like your possibly allergic to something or too much juice/test!! Test will cause that. Maybe get some blood word done...to see where there....get an allergy test by a Naturapath doctor. Know someone who was allergic to eggs and didn't even know it.

really????Allergies can cause this stuff to happen. I have been told that many times but i dont sneeze, cough or anything. I havent ever done test. I did do tren by kilosports. Pill form, Ever since then it has been causing this. What blood work would i need done? And how can allergies play a part in flushing of skin at the gym??

Ya..if your all that concerned about it...and it sounds like you are....stop taking everything that you think or know that isn't good for you.

but the allergy test I was talking about is the food one. See a natural path who offers that test...They prick your finger for some blood and send it away and the they get a list back of what you are fine with and allergic too.

Send me a P.M as well too!

really????Allergies can cause this stuff to happen. I have been told that many times but i dont sneeze, cough or anything. I havent ever done test. I did do tren by kilosports. Pill form, Ever since then it has been causing this. What blood work would i need done? And how can allergies play a part in flushing of skin at the gym??

would regular allergist not be qualified to do this. Prick of the finger?, etc..

and i have stopped taking everything a while back. I took letro because i devoloped gyno after trenadrol. What hormones would cause this reaction?

no! Food test is different from allergy test to pollen for example. sure you can go to your doc and ask to get food test...but it may take 2 months to get an appointment.....Naturapaths you could get in sooner if your really concerned about it.

Try to do some research..The person I know went through www.malab.com
    Maybe they can help to answer some questions as to where to get the test done.

would regular allergist not be qualified to do this. Prick of the finger?, etc..

or try Advancing the Science of Wellness Rocky Mountain Analytical

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Flushing of the skin is a normal physiological response. When you workout your core body temperature increases. The response is to dilate the blood vessels in the skin to help dissipate heat.

2 months to get an allergy appt? i can get one this week if i wanted. Can i ask him to do food allergy test. Sure they do it?

i understand that. But this is more extreme than in the past. Only started happening after trenadrol. before that, it was fine. Skin gets really hot and sensitive even in normal circumstances sometimes. Anxiety maybe? Not sure? Hormones?

Blog Entries
    I seriously doubt that you have an allergy to exercise.....

i know. what i thought. Has to be related to Blood pressure or something. My eyes get very red all the time a well. Wake up with red eyes and they get red when i workout as well as my arms, hands, neck, face, etc...Just curious as to why? Blood work seems to come back ok. Beta blocker work for this?

Blog Entries
    i know. what i thought. Has to be related to Blood pressure or something. My eyes get very red all the time a well. Wake up with red eyes and they get red when i workout as well as my arms, hands, neck, face, etc...Just curious as to why? Blood work seems to come back ok. Beta blocker work for this?
    A beta blocker will slow down your heart rate and decrease the force at which the heart contracts thus lowering blood pressure and heart rate. I do not know if it causes flushing of the skin. The dermis of the skin has alpha receptors which when exposed to adrenaline work exactly the opposite to that of the beta receptors.

Beta blockers are effective at reducing anxiety, and is sometimes used to treat glaucoma if I remember right.

If your concerned by all means seek the advice of a doctor.

i am saying i want to possibly use beta blockers to help with flushing. I heard they work great.

Blog Entries
    i am saying i want to possibly use beta blockers to help with flushing. I heard they work great.
    Dont put yourself on them, you could kill yourself.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I agree with MS. Is rosacea a possibility?

why is that? Could this be hormonal? Sluggish liver? Testosterone /estrogen imbalance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette;4320***
    I agree with MS. Is rosacea a possibility?
    Rosacea usually has red domed papules and pustules, along with eye redness sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Rosacea usually has red domed papules and pustules, along with eye redness sometimes.
    Treatment for Rosacea?

Not all rosacea cases have blemishes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Treatment for Rosacea?

Not all rosacea cases have blemishes
    Yeah I have no idea, I only learned the classical signs. I didnt think that rosacea was as transient as the OP had described.

Blog Entries
    Nice write up on the subject BTW Vette....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Nice write up on the subject BTW Vette....
    thanks buddy

It is typical with people that have fair skin and blush easy. I will wait to see if this is the case with stayfit...but could picture it as a likely possibility that would not warrant much concern

not fair skin. Never had a pimple before however do have red eyes and flush very easily with all the rosacea triggers. Been to 3 dermatologist and all said i dont have rosacea. 2 said it could be hormones which i am getting checked with endo doc. I did get gyno so i know i have estro issues. I know i have sensitive skin. I cant hardly shave my neck. funny how inside of my arms look great but outside are reddish/pinkish blotchy skin. That is what shows up when I lift weights. Could that be allergy since heat might affect what is alreadythere. I developed a rash all over body back 9 months ago. Bumps went away but was left with red blotchy skin. Now it isnt raised but still seems like its there. ALlergies maye? i did get allergy tested in spring and was allergic to everything. but that iwas when i was sneezing and congested. not that way anymore. So who knows. Could allergies cause facial flushing too?

Blog Entries
    You know testosterone is photoreactive and will interact with UV sunlight. That is what causes male hippo's to turn red among other reasons when exposed to sunlight.

I dont think that this is the case here, and to be honest i do not know if this process occurs in humans as well.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    what causes your skin to get flushed and hot when u are working out. My hands get pinkish and it looks worse in higher light. I dont get it. I dont have skin problems. Just whenever i lift, and workout, that is the way my body handles it and it isnt way it use to? Hormones? Higher Blood Pressure? What are ways to help this? My face feels like its on fire after a set also. Have no idea? Estrogen related? Please help me out? I really dont even sweat alot at all. Might be problem also, why my skin doesnt cool.......outside of arms get redddddd. Let me know please?
    Testosterone helps improve your body's protein levels... your body holds onto more of it. Along with this your body also retains more salt and sodium which could translate into higher blood pressure for some people.

If you take a blood pressure during or after workout, its no doubt going to be high. Dont take this to mean you have a problem with blood pressure, if its still high after relaxing an hour then you might have aproblem but its perfectly fine for blood pressure to rise during workout. You also get swelling of muscles during workout, etc. Sometimes this is called a "pump" and pro body builders desire this... you get your best most muscular pictures and posses while still "pumped up" after a workout, etc. I think since we are all "whiter" in the winter, you are maybe seeing more flushing then you might notice if you were more tanned in the summer.

Thread Information