Dr_BruceBanner is offline Junior Member

How in the world did this happen? Test Levels

Before TRT I had a test level of 195. Doc gave me androgel of 5g a day. Took it every single day for 1 month. Then did not take it for 3 days before next appointment.

New bloodtest level was at 193. Even lower that when I didn't take anything.

So doc upped my dose to 10g daily.

Well I didn't use it for 2 solid months. Then used it for 5 days straight at 12.5g and then stopped for 2 days before my new bloodtest.

Had the bloodtest and my test levels were at 665??? WTF.

I've lost weight from 235.5lbs to 205lbs so the doctor thinks my androgel is working great. But I lost weight and was not even taking the androgel so that's not the reason that I lost it. I lost it by cutting my calories drastically and stationary cycling.

So I totally don't understand how my level could jump up to 665 when I really only used the androgel for 5 days straight and then not using any for 2 days before my new bloodwork.

What the heck happened? I was wanting him to give me the shot instead of the androgel which I hate using because I'm tired of rubbing it on and on cold winter mornings that stuff is cold as ice, LOL. And I didn't even feel anything from it to begin with. My libido didn't come up and I was really expecting that to increase which it did not.

So now I'm kinda screwed. Did I mess myself up by using it for 5 days straing and then skipping 2 days and then getting my bloodwork done?

Those 5 days I increased the androgel from 10g a day to around 12.5 simply because I had not used it for a couple of months and felt BLAH.

So what is up with my new 665 level? He said it was perfect but I still feel like shit,LOL. No sex drive or nothing. Am I going to have to go to another doctor to get my shots now you think?

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_BruceBanner View Post
    Before TRT I had a test level of 195. Doc gave me androgel of 5g a day. Took it every single day for 1 month. Then did not take it for 3 days before next appointment.

New bloodtest level was at 193. Even lower that when I didn't take anything.

So doc upped my dose to 10g daily.

Well I didn't use it for 2 solid months. Then used it for 5 days straight at 12.5g and then stopped for 2 days before my new bloodtest.

Had the bloodtest and my test levels were at 665??? WTF.

I've lost weight from 235.5lbs to 205lbs so the doctor thinks my androgel is working great. But I lost weight and was not even taking the androgel so that's not the reason that I lost it. I lost it by cutting my calories drastically and stationary cycling.

So I totally don't understand how my level could jump up to 665 when I really only used the androgel for 5 days straight and then not using any for 2 days before my new bloodwork.

What the heck happened? I was wanting him to give me the shot instead of the androgel which I hate using because I'm tired of rubbing it on and on cold winter mornings that stuff is cold as ice, LOL. And I didn't even feel anything from it to begin with. My libido didn't come up and I was really expecting that to increase which it did not.

So now I'm kinda screwed. Did I mess myself up by using it for 5 days straing and then skipping 2 days and then getting my bloodwork done?

Those 5 days I increased the androgel from 10g a day to around 12.5 simply because I had not used it for a couple of months and felt BLAH.

So what is up with my new 665 level? He said it was perfect but I still feel like shit,LOL. No sex drive or nothing. Am I going to have to go to another doctor to get my shots now you think?
    I am gonna say that yes, you messed it up.

I don't think that 5 days is enough to suppress your natural levels and the 5 days on just added to them. Could be wrong though.

You would have been better off being on it for the two months and stopping like at least a week before.

natureboy is offline Member
    Just tell the dr you feel better, but you are sick of the messy gel. Ask him what other options you have. Tell him you heard of people having injections and only doing it once a week, and you think this would be better for you because of the amount of time it takes to apply everyday. He may switch you for your conveinance. Its worth a shot! All he can say is no.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    You could tell him that your gf/wife might be pregnant and you are worried about it getting on her.

He will give you shots right there on the spot.

bombguy is offline Associate Member
    Also, tell him you have a busy schedule, so weekly doctor visits are out of the question....then you can do the shots yourself!!!

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    well, ill tell you what i did, and this is a sure-fire way to get switched over. But first, do you really even need to switch over? It sounds like you arent really even committed to doing this if you cant even put on androgel every day. Anyway, **** it, just tell him you arent covered by your insurance for the androgel. injectable test is a shitload cheaper. thank me later.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I told the doc that my wife wouldn't let me near her or the kids wnen I had it on. There wasn't much he could say about that. I was only doing 5 mgs of gel a day and it was a mess.

DeputyLoneWolf is offline Associate Member
    Just use an an anti aging clinic like I did.

The doc would prescribe me 400mg test c and 300mg Deca a week for up to six months.

Thread Information