oldguns is offline New Member

Testim Rx will it work?

Low test on blood work, Doc sent me to uro to follow up and he Rx testin 1%. I would rather self inject vs this gel. Anyone had this problem any suggestions............

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Be patient, I had to endure two years of Androderm before I was able to switch to Test-Cyp. Tell your doctor that you think the gel is messy and smelly and your afraid of getting it on family members.

I also learned not to put your t shirt on before it's dry or you have to peel it off... This doc seems to be a little bit rigid, he said we don't use shots anymore, after my next blood work, we're going to have a talk. If he can't be flexable and a little more info available, I may be looking for a new doc............

natureboy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    I also learned not to put your t shirt on before it's dry or you have to peel it off... This doc seems to be a little bit rigid, he said we don't use shots anymore, after my next blood work, we're going to have a talk. If he can't be flexable and a little more info available, I may be looking for a new doc............
    That's the spirit, don't settle for the gel if the shot is what you want! You have the right to get another doc if your not satisfied with your current one.

I 'm not one of those take this and you will be fine guy.... I'm the how, why and what are all of my options..guy. There are results and I will find the best.

I perfer to be informed and that's how I found this web site.Thanks for the help with this matter.

I recently started my trt this week and the doc tried to give me the patch. I told him that it was not condusive to my active lifestyle. I also told him that the way I got in his office was injecting (I'm 28) and that I had no problem continuing to give myself injections. He said that he initially offers the patch cause the older cats aren't comfortable with home injections. Its funny cause by the looks of his waiting room it looks like everyone is not old but, on a llittle more than TRT hehe. Love those crazy docs.lol

I've injected before, I told him that I prefer to but he has a mind of his own. I'm just going to back him in the corner on my next visit. I guess I'm a cranky old b....rd.

Back to the doc again. Lab forgot to check my levels had blood drawn again. Another script for testim and another blood test in 60 days. Claims he wants to bring my levels up slowly, seems to me he's interested in my ins payments. Is it normal to have this much blood work done?

SD1959 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    Back to the doc again. Lab forgot to check my levels had blood drawn again. Another script for testim and another blood test in 60 days. Claims he wants to bring my levels up slowly, seems to me he's interested in my ins payments. Is it normal to have this much blood work done?
    I recently gott switched to Testim from A-gel. 1 1/2 tubes a day. At 49, it's not like a cycle but I've done my time as a blownup little guy!! Not bad for keeping you in a good place. Interestingly enough, it's metabolized from soy!! Pretty strange huh?

Thread Information